Player Watch Pick #7 (2012) - Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

Says who?
Based on what?
Just a hunch based on him putting negotiations on hold, wouldn't be surprised if he stayed as he seems a loyal type but may be a little aggrieved after being overlooked for the captaincy.

Geelong are nearing rebuild territory & as of late they look to be big players in the free agent market, no doubt he'd be one of their biggest targets along with Dangerhype & they've got a bit in the cap to splash around.

Can we not give me a heart attack?

I come in to the Ollie wines thread and the first thing I read is this.
RNJD8Ge.png

I remember I was working at Optus at the time. I think that draft was a saturday?

Anyway I was the only Port supporter working and when the Crows supporters found out they got Sellar they were hooting and hollering - pointing and laughing at me saying "who the **** is Travis Boak"!!!!!

Karma bitches.

Well, to be honest. I also said "Who the hell is Travis Bow-ack?"

Didn't everyone want Mitch Thorpe or Sellar?

I was only lurking at the time (and had been since 1998) but possibly. I do remember hoping we'd get Selwood myself as he seemed the real deal, especially from his draft interview that was on the AFL website. But we didn't have Schulz at the time so Portia was probably talking about the need to draft KPPs :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a genetic freak, there were several occassions when seasoned players were clearly shitting themselves at the sight of ollie approaching them. Mitchell in particular had a moment on the wing when Ollie was charging at him huffing and puffing like a mallee bull, he shat himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back