Recreational Riders: Rides, Events Anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Was looking at doing the ride nationals event they were advertising that coincided with the men's road race. Went to sign up today and it's like the whole event has disappeared completely. Email links won't let me log in and any google searches seem to suggest that any reference to the event have been removed. Anyone heard anything about it?

Transferred my IM Melbourne entry to IM Malaysia, going to be hot and humid!

No way :).

Doing Alpine Classic next weekend. Not sure what distance yet, work not being helpful with getting some decent k's in.

Looking forward to it
Not sure my body has too many IM left
Considering Roth
Might be stupid and enter kona lottery
Go out in style
Are you an All World Athlete? I got bronze wifey silver

Nah I haven't done IM since 2007! I'm not taking a spot for Kona if I jag one in Malaysia as I want to go to worlds in Netherlands in 2017

Nah I haven't done IM since 2007! I'm not taking a spot for Kona if I jag one in Malaysia as I want to go to worlds in Netherlands in 2017
70.3 worlds in sunny coast 2016

(Log in to remove this ad.)

70.3 worlds in sunny coast 2016
Nah,will be a s**t course and a complete draft fest. On another note I just flatted at 60km/h down a hill, balls still currently in my mouth but kept it upright like a boss. Like to see a roadie do that on a TT bike.

Nah,will be a s**t course and a complete draft fest. On another note I just flatted at 60km/h down a hill, balls still currently in my mouth but kept it upright like a boss. Like to see a roadie do that on a TT bike.

60 km/h downhill on a TT bike? Hell no, I'd rather live.

60 km/h on my roadie? Yawn. Faster, for the love of god!

I'm organising a mixed terrain ride in March over Strathbogie Ranges in central Victoria. It's free for any bigfooty members or their friends :).

113kms, over 50% unsealed roads, some steep climbs, all self-supported.

All the details are here ...
https://nixtrader.wordpress.com/rides/slider/

It's the week after Strade Bianche pro race in Italy, so hopefully a few punters will be keen to have a go on the crunchy stuff. Roads should be OK - ride what you want (it's not MTB only terrain). CX or gravel bike would be good. Perhaps leave fixie for the cafe. Should be able to do it on a roadie - although suggest choose alpine gear setup and widest tyres you can fit. A lot of rain will change things tho. It's only for experienced riders so you can work it out.

Looking forward to it, should be fun ... may be a disaster. Anyway it's a better option than following NAB cup.

Nice work.

Guessing that was a significant mental hurdle to clear. Onwards and upwards.
Thanks for your support. After 2 major operations, metal plates and screws, countless hours of physio ($ galore), heat/cold therapy, 12 hrs per day arm brace (still sleeping in this contraption), back massages, pilates, hand therapist etc etc, it's nice to be back on wheels again, even it is for just a short little go at it.

Body is still a bit sore here and there (mainly around the ribs and mid section where my muscles over compensate for the balance inequity that the arm injury has brought on), but, hey, it could be worse.

All this from swerving to avoid a Mum with a kid walking beside their pusher, locking my front brake and high-siding it while on a very leisurely cruise around the Geelong waterfront. That's life I guess........

Thanks for your support. After 2 major operations, metal plates and screws, countless hours of physio ($ galore), heat/cold therapy, 12 hrs per day arm brace (still sleeping in this contraption), back massages, pilates, hand therapist etc etc, it's nice to be back on wheels again, even it is for just a short little go at it.

Body is still a bit sore here and there (mainly around the ribs and mid section where my muscles over compensate for the balance inequity that the arm injury has brought on), but, hey, it could be worse.

All this from swerving to avoid a Mum with a kid walking beside their pusher, locking my front brake and high-siding it while on a very leisurely cruise around the Geelong waterfront. That's life I guess........

Here's hoping all the rehab is paying off and you get back to the way you were before.

Hey guys, looking to get fit and back on the bike. Any suggestions for nice trails or routes in the Melbourne area?

Thank you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back