Murray FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numurkha training very hard and looking very fit with a lot of additions ... Flying under the radar I would not take lightly will improve massively

Three biggest problems in country footy are
1. Money ,to many players want more than there worth
2. Drugs, footy or other positive things used to give people the HIGH they needed now to many are wanting the artificial high , they are playing Russian roulette with their lives
3. To few do to much, footy rely on volunteers week in week out . Not enough to share the load

Well the demands on local players have changed along with the pay packets. How many players now go out after work on Friday nights and get sauced before match day compared to how many used to (pre-90's). Pre-season starts at a lot of places at the same time as AFL teams, most players do heaps of fitness/gym work outside of football year round.

While player demands might have increased (only as much as clubs are willing to pay) so have the demands on the players. At any time, either the players can stop playing or the clubs can stop paying. It's all supply and demand.

Well the demands on local players have changed along with the pay packets. How many players now go out after work on Friday nights and get sauced before match day compared to how many used to (pre-90's). Pre-season starts at a lot of places at the same time as AFL teams, most players do heaps of fitness/gym work outside of football year round.

While player demands might have increased (only as much as clubs are willing to pay) so have the demands on the players. At any time, either the players can stop playing or the clubs can stop paying. It's all supply and demand.
With all the talk going on through local threads at the moment re player payments etc., this is probably the best statement I have read.
The only thing I would be adding is - do the players put as much back into their clubs theses days re club functions, working bees etc.

So perfectly Put

A prediction based on last years lists and clearances put in so far obviously still earlier but worth a shot.

Nathalia
Finley
Barooga
Numurkha
Rumba
Deni
Moama
United
Tongala
Congupna
Cobram

Think top 8 will be even again. Great for the league

A prediction based on last years lists and clearances put in so far obviously still earlier but worth a shot.

Nathalia
Finley
Barooga
Numurkha
Rumba
Deni
Moama
United
Tongala
Congupna
Cobram

Think top 8 will be even again. Great for the league
On ya bk you always bleed blue and white , you give me hope . It must be a bitter pill to swallow putting the rams in 6 ,couldn't you just swap moama and deni cause we know your a fan of moama !

On ya bk you always bleed blue and white , you give me hope . It must be a bitter pill to swallow putting the rams in 6 ,couldn't you just swap moama and deni cause we know your a fan of moama !

Was hard browny i was close to having both the rams and moama above rumba. I think it's going to very very even this year.

Was hard browny i was close to having both the rams and moama above rumba. I think it's going to very very even this year.
What I've worked out is if you don't win it ,it don't matter where you finish . Finley's last premiership 1988 was won with a lesser side than the won that lost to jerilderie 1987 , history has a funny way of repeating itself here's hoping . Deni for spoon sorry frog haha

What I've worked out is if you don't win it ,it don't matter where you finish . Finley's last premiership 1988 was won with a lesser side than the won that lost to jerilderie 1987 , history has a funny way of repeating itself here's hoping . Deni for spoon sorry frog haha
no

That will be a big loss for rumba,goodgolly do you think rumba will be as strong as last year ?

yes I do, but we wont be anywhere near full strength till about round 15. To my count to date we've lost Lovett-Murray, Kerr, Hudson, Hood, Larkin, Sloan. But we've also gained Davey, Atkinson, Cox, N.Kerr, Henderson, Turner, Proctor, Chisholm, Wanganeen x2, and there's always the hope of picking up 1 or 2 as the season progresses.
We'll be nowhere near full strength at the start of the season, but hopefully we'll come good by the business end:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at the clearances on the MFL site and it says big Philpot has left Barooga, would leave a pretty big hole one would think? have they replaced him yet??

Just looking at the clearances on the MFL site and it says big Philpot has left Barooga, would leave a pretty big hole one would think? have they replaced him yet??

Gone to Broadford in the RDFL. Big get for Broadford as the league is lower than the Murray IMO. I do know he was shopping around, so must be on bigger coin to go there..

yes I do, but we wont be anywhere near full strength till about round 15. To my count to date we've lost Lovett-Murray, Kerr, Hudson, Hood, Larkin, Sloan. But we've also gained Davey, Atkinson, Cox, N.Kerr, Henderson, Turner, Proctor, Chisholm, Wanganeen x2, and there's always the hope of picking up 1 or 2 as the season progresses.
We'll be nowhere near full strength at the start of the season, but hopefully we'll come good by the business end:)
Gone to Broadford in the RDFL. Big get for Broadford as the league is lower than the Murray IMO. I do know he was shopping around, so must be on bigger coin to go there..

Wow that is a HUGE get!! did he Leave the hawks chasing money or is there a few leaving from last Year??

Wow that is a HUGE get!! did he Leave the hawks chasing money or is there a few leaving from last Year??
Been pretty quiet on here recently. For those interested Rumba had a praccy match against Shepp Bears on Friday night. It was a decent blowout, but I couldn't help but laugh every time the Bears did an interchange. I'm not sure of the exact numbers but they pretty much swapped 14 odd players at each interchange, 3-4 times a qrt. it was like watching a ice hocky or gridiron team coming on and off the field. The score wasn't kept but I think Rumba was pretty competitive considering they out about 9 of our starting team....... And based on preseason form, my money's on Tommy Higgins to win our BnF this year....
Any other news from around the traps?

Been pretty quiet on here recently. For those interested Rumba had a praccy match against Shepp Bears on Friday night. It was a decent blowout, but I couldn't help but laugh every time the Bears did an interchange. I'm not sure of the exact numbers but they pretty much swapped 14 odd players at each interchange, 3-4 times a qrt. it was like watching a ice hocky or gridiron team coming on and off the field. The score wasn't kept but I think Rumba was pretty competitive considering they out about 9 of our starting team....... And based on preseason form, my money's on Tommy Higgins to win our BnF this year....
Any other news from around the traps?

Rams played the Echuca Bombers. 1s and 2s. Didn't see the game but a good mate that played in the 1s said they probably beat them. (No score kept) which is good news for them. They've had a very big pre season

Rams played the Echuca Bombers. 1s and 2s. Didn't see the game but a good mate that played in the 1s said they probably beat them. (No score kept) which is good news for them. They've had a very big pre season
That's not a bad effort although I do know that echuca had 14 senior players not playing due to cricket, work, and a couple of niggly injuries.

Probably a similar story for deni ,I'm not sure if echuca bombers are the strongest club in town anymore !

even so its good for the MFL to play GV clubs, just proves the only difference between the leagues is that of players being prepared to play interleague.

kdfl thread confirmed Edwards has left Stanhope to head back to rumba!! wowweee that would be some forward line with Cupido and Davey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back