Official Match Thread S19 R3: Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet, you are celebrating a meltdown caused by bay 13 like comments.

Doesn't that make you a bay 13 patron or a hypocrite?

I think you can now be treated with the contempt you deserve.
I started early. Is that OK?

Not going to comment on the fact or fictional comments about the Tony Liberatore incident in 2001?

His popularity didn't drop? hence bringing my original comment into a true context.

Sure, because it's actually apt. SoG, like Liberatore is still immensely respected internally at their respected clubs & like Liberatore, deep down the rest of the league still know that SoG is bloody good at what he does, even if it means a few people don't like it.

I will take any excuse to rid the world of a This is Anflied post, one post at a time.

Stop being entertaining, we don't do that in this thread.

Last edited:
Sure, because it's actually apt. SoG, like Liberatore is still immensely respected internally at their respected clubs & like Liberatore, deep down the rest of the league still know that SoG is bloody good at what he does, even if it means a few people don't like it.

Poor post, mate. Really disappointed you'd go that low to be honest.

And yet, there have been comments coming the other way in regards to SoG and a alleged Bay 13 meltdown where similar personal issues were affecting him. If my comments have gone below the belt I'll cop my whack but all I'm just mentioning facts of a previous event (and apologized when I initially got it wrong).

If by "good at what he does", you mean setting his own pubes on fire then trying to put them out with lighter fluid then yes, he is.

BTW Frankston Rover is 10 times the captain and player you lot have. Don't talk s**t about our leadership program.
I'd like to say I'm on the succession plan, but like all dour back pockets, I'll probably just skip the leadership group, and go straight into coaching

And yet, there have been comments coming the other way in regards to SoG and a alleged Bay 13 meltdown where similar personal issues were affecting him. If my comments have gone below the belt I'll cop my whack but all I'm just mentioning facts of a previous event (and apologized when I initially got it wrong).

That's impossible. Son of God says he doesn't post on the Bay.

You're right there.......I've posted alongside SOG for many years now, and he is indeed very respected amongst other Geelong posters.
It's only when he's around you blokes, that he seems to stink it up........."Royals Culture"

Prior to this year I had 0 contact with SoG.

I initially thought he was a Wonders team member.

Then got confused thinking he must be in the Dragons.

Now turns out he's a Royal and I still have 0 idea why he cares about us or posts about us constantly. he appears to want me to leave the SFA. Thats ok, disappointing him is fun. But for what I was told was generally meant to be a lighthearted banter thread, wow you guys get nasty and personal quickly. Which is odd, since the in the unwritten laws of the Bay if you take it to that level you lose.

Weird that here in the 'nicer' element you can still revel in upsetting a stranger in his moment of grief years later and think you're 'winning'.

Royals culture? :thumbsu:

Now turns out he's a Royal and I still have 0 idea why he cares about us or posts about us constantly. he appears to want me to leave the SFA. Thats ok, disappointing him is fun. But for what I was told was generally meant to be a lighthearted banter thread, wow you guys get nasty and personal quickly. Which is odd, since the in the unwritten laws of the Bay if you take it to that level you lose.

Weird that here in the 'nicer' element you can still revel in upsetting a stranger in his moment of grief years later and think you're 'winning'.

Agree with every word said.

Just out of interest, who does SOGGY play for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never wrestle with a pig, you'll get dirty, and the pig will like it.

WAY OF THE CONEY ISLAND WARRIOR

Diane+Arbus.jpg

"Squeal like a pig boy."

#ladygagawarriors
#coneyislandwarriorshavefunnybones

He used to go by the name MD in the Bay.

Out new recruits - James Hird and Ian Callinan
LOL.........I can see you lurking to see if anyone's responded to your lame attempt at humour. I imagine you're sweating profusely with anticipation:rolleyes:
image.jpg

I'll put you out of your misery so you can get on with the rest of your day......"2 thumbs down" :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Agreed and was gonna post something similar. It's obvious by his trolling from even before the season began that Soggy had an agenda - some need to discredit the Warriors and FR.

He seems to think that the Warriors and their bay contingent in general are spoiling the SFA. And yet it is only this Match thread which has degenerated into a banal and in enjoyable shitfight.

I gather that has been his purpose all year when posting in our threads - to sabotage them and garner support for some anti Warrior ticket in the league.

It's quite clear that he is the one that has deliberately made this thread a spiteful, mean angry one. He is the poster that won't just relax and have fun and this behavior wouldn't be tolerated on the bay (speaking of poor leadership...).

As I mentioned earlier if we all stalked other teams constantly posting bitter and hateful tirades the whole league would fall apart.

I'm pretty sure this behavior goes against the essence of what the admin have tried to create ang foster here - a fun environment we can all enjoy SFA - and so I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna push the "moral" report button on you Soggy.

Let me just hand it over to the man that does it best, Plugger, come and do the honors.

He used to go by the name MD in the Bay.

See I knew MD, as not a HAwks supporter most of the Geelong guys were erstwhile allies (hell I clashed with you more than him on the Bay as Im sure you recall well ;) ) but I have always viewed the Bay as its own universe. Grudges and rivalries there didn't really seem to count elsewhere. (Hell half my team-mates I have gone toe to toe hard with on the Bay before.I think it makes us stronger. Not sure why but Im sure there a psychology thesis on team-work in there somewhere!)

MD was a nothing poster to me, SoG is, tbh, completely worthless here. He doesn't banter and he seems hell bent on being a pain in the ass for no actual reason. :thumbsu:

See I knew MD, as not a HAwks supporter most of the Geelong guys were erstwhile allies (hell I clashed with you more than him on the Bay as Im sure you recall well ;) ) but I have always viewed the Bay as its own universe. Grudges and rivalries there didn't really seem to count elsewhere. (Hell half my team-mates I have gone toe to toe hard with on the Bay before.I think it makes us stronger. Not sure why but Im sure there a psychology thesis on team-work in there somewhere!)

MD was a nothing poster to me, SoG is, tbh, completely worthless here. He doesn't banter and he seems hell bent on being a pain in the ass for no actual reason. :thumbsu:
MD was/probably still is a very good poster. I fought many a battle with him against The Hawfie Boys, and enjoyed the way he went about his posting. Once our little Premiership run came to an end, he seemed to lose the plot, and lose his bottle on a regular basis.
Perhaps that just shows him to be nothing more than a bandwagonner.....I certainly hope not!
I only hope that we (Geelong) can win another flag soon so we can see him can get back to being a half decent poster.
Of course, the Royals Culture wouldn't be helping matters

Last edited:
(hell I clashed with you more than him on the Bay as Im sure you recall well ;) ) but I have always viewed the Bay as its own universe. Grudges and rivalries there didn't really seem to count elsewhere.

This is why I targetted certain posters when I was recruiting.

I want people who are funny, witty and can dish it out but I also want people who can take a joke, laugh at themselves and not take a fantasy football competition seriously.

Some of our opponents have been great fun and we've had some excellent Match Threads. Unfortunatley some people don't like change and can't handle sharing the limelight and have to act like tools.

I'm just hoping people read this thread and see the Royals for the overrated wet blankets I believe they are.

LOL.........I can see you lurking to see if anyone's responded to your lame attempt at humour. I imagine you're sweating profusely with anticipation:rolleyes:
View attachment 112443

I'll put you out of your misery so you can get on with the rest of your day......"2 thumbs down" :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Wrong again. You see, I am completely comfortable with who I am and my place among the Pantheon of Royals stars. I don't need the approval of really, really dumb people. If I did, I would join a club like the Coney Island Warriors, a team with a collective IQ well below the national average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back