Universal Love The 2014/15 Pre-season Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of Caro's articles about us have been great reads.

Rucci always infects his articles with his own opinion on what everything means.

Caro will provide quotes and leave drawing the conclusions up to the reader.

There is a difference between reporting on something negative towards the clubs and backing it up with facts and quotes. Sure we wont like it, especially if its not balanced but its hard to argue with.

Then you've got someone like Rucci who does little more than write one sided opinion pieces that take less than 5 minutes of Googling to find the actual information that proves he is wrong, something he obviously doesn't care enough to do when writing the article. Then he goes on Twitter to further stir things up. And when asked straight out why did you write one thing on Tuesday, and another thing on Wednesday when the information was in another paper on the weekend he denies the whole thing.

With the return of Van Berlo and Henderson it will be interesting to see the make up of our back line.
While our tall/3rd tall defenders are quite thin or inexperienced, I think the pressure is on those around them to perform.

Jed Anderson is an absolute freak. I know he was widely regarded as a serious talent, but the fact that Hawks gave up stephen gilham for him...

Will go toe to toe with Crouch and O'Meara over the years.

Jed Anderson is an absolute freak. I know he was widely regarded as a serious talent, but the fact that Hawks gave up stephen gilham for him...

Will go toe to toe with Crouch and O'Meara over the years.

Investment paying off.

There is a difference between reporting on something negative towards the clubs and backing it up with facts and quotes. Sure we wont like it, especially if its not balanced but its hard to argue with.

Then you've got someone like Rucci who does little more than write one sided opinion pieces that take less than 5 minutes of Googling to find the actual information that proves he is wrong, something he obviously doesn't care enough to do when writing the article. Then he goes on Twitter to further stir things up. And when asked straight out why did you write one thing on Tuesday, and another thing on Wednesday when the information was in another paper on the weekend he denies the whole thing.
Roo and Fagan had a crack at Ruccis expense this morning. Roo brought up the article claiming we were hiding. Roo said we revealed our membership nos in 2 papers 2 days earlier. Fagan went on to say we've done more media than this time last year and he told Rucci he missed it because he spent 6 weeks in Italy. They had a laugh which would have pissed Rucci right off.

Roo and Fagan had a crack at Ruccis expense this morning. Roo brought up the article claiming we were hiding. Roo said we revealed our membership nos in 2 papers 2 days earlier. Fagan went on to say we've done more media than this time last year and he told Rucci he missed it because he spent 6 weeks in Italy. They had a laugh which would have pissed Rucci right off.

That is just brilliant.

I have mentioned before, that if I were AFC, I would hold off on releasing information til Rooch heads overseas & also release information early before he gets back.

This & not answering the questions he poses at pressers to get a quote for his prepared article are the best way to teach him a lesson.

Rooch needs AFC more than the other way around, as there are many other media channels.

If he is not going to be reasonable, then isolate him!

I have mentioned before, that if I were AFC, I would hold off on releasing information til Rooch heads overseas & also release information early before he gets back.

This & not answering the questions he poses at pressers to get a quote for his prepared article are the best way to teach him a lesson.

Rooch needs AFC more than the other way around, as there are many other media channels.

And have one of these reserved for him in the corner at press conferences.

highchair18-645x645.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the question is would most prefer to read facts albeit negative or positive bullshit?

People here would rather read the fluff piece about Talia's cat than how our club flushed its chances down the toilet for 5 years over a few hundred thousand that would've fitted in the salary cap.

People here would rather read the fluff piece about Talia's cat than how our club flushed its chances down the toilet for 5 years over a few hundred thousand that would've fitted in the salary cap.
Bit of a generalisation!

I'm actually stoked that it's getting streamed - hanging out to see what has changed with my own eyes ... rather than through a radio broadcast's caller.

Is it going through the AFL App as well? Or just streamed through AFC website?

That caller will be last years forward coach, Bicks, he should be able to notice what has changed as much as anyone.

As some astute posters pointed out he consistently manages to put into each article Danger's contract and the Tippett sanctions its about time the Club did take a stand and draw a line in the stand.

He should realise that his bread and butter comes from the AFC providing him with info and if he wont come to the party then he needs to be taught a lesson.

Considering we're talking about rooch i'm suprised no one has said about that article on the marketing manager et al from InDaily in the other thread. It contains direct quotes from Fagan.

We're now 2 from 2. Thats evidence we have given out information deliberately to two media entities in as many days (and none to one particular entity). This seems a strategy to me. Give a heap / varied information to everyone except one. Will be interested to see if the pattern continues.

Rucci is so fixated with the Crows website not having a membership counter. Maybe instead we could have a counter for days remaining until Rucci goes back to Italy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back