Game Day North Melbourne vs Adelaide - NAB Cup 1 (STREAMS CAN COME TRUE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I never thought I'd say this, but well done Gilligan on listening to the clubs and fans.

I may have got a little over-excited and got early with the tweet. Geez, you guys are quick. Was all of 10 seconds it was up ;)

Nevertheless, it is a great result. It will be a two-camera shoot with radio commentary from Crocmedia - probably exceeds what we could have done if we set it up ourselves.

Rick will still be doing the live chat alongside the video coverage, so be sure to tune in.

So their initial reason of the internet being too s**t was actual bullshit.

Good result in the end though.

I never thought I'd say this, but well done Gilligan on listening to the clubs and fans.

Very true.

But at the same time, and I never thought I'd say this*, but Gilligan must be sitting there thinking "c'mon guys, its a freakin' practice match. Is this really such a big deal?"

* as someone who went all the way to Ballarat for our Praccy matches in the last 2 seasons

Very true.

But at the same time, and I never thought I'd say this*, but Gilligan must be sitting there thinking "c'mon guys, its a freakin' practice match. Is this really such a big deal?"

* as someone who went all the way to Ballarat for our Praccy matches in the last 2 seasons
They think highly of their customers who want to see their product. Business nous right there.

We have been told to expect some potential drop-outs etc. given the venue issues, so remains to be seen somewhat.
At the very least a drop out wouldn't prevent it from being recorded, and thus a full replay being aired, surely? Regardless, it's good that the clubs and supporters didn't hesitate to tell the AFL what they really thought, and even better the AFL responded accordingly.

Very true.

I hear ya.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NAB Challenge fixture has been out for yonks. A part of the tendering process is that AFL officials go to these regional venues and assess whether they're suitable to hold an AFL sanctioned match. Surely a part of that process would have been testing the facility for broadcast capabilities.

With that in mind, the AFL would have known about this for some time - and I find it perplexing that the AFL would:

a) Actually believe the fans wouldn't really want to see the match regardless of broadcast quality, and;
b) Agree to hold the match in Port Lincoln and not make arrangements to assure the broadcasting capabilities are up to par.

Just strikes me as unprofessional by the AFL that this decision has finally been made on the last business day before the fixture. Very rushed. Better late than never I suppose...

Bravo to the club(s) for applying pressure on the AFL.

I hope my shitty connection will play the stream. :(

Great to hear the change of mind about streaming. I was very cool about not seeing any of it, only a practice match... and then watched a bit of last night's game and realised I really, really want to see any competitive hitout by my team.

We'll see how hard Gilligan is listening when we find out if *bigears ever coaches again. Not jumping too early on praise there.

Thank goodness common sense prevails. Can't believe it took a massive public backlash for the AFL to figure out that footy-starved fans might actually want to see their teams play. It shows how little they understand their market. Simon Lethlean you are still a massive flog.

Bell was at Freo in 1995. You guys may be thinking of another game in 1998. IIRC with that Rehn got pinged for holding the ball in a questionable decision, the pass went to Bell and he sealed the deal.

I can't remember who kicked the winning goal in 1995.

Someone suggested Evan Hewitt. Ring a bell?

No Mason Wood or Taylor Garner? Are these guys not quite fit enough or just not good enough yet?

Garner is training the house down in the gym after they sewed his leg back on during the summer break. He's building his fitness base and he's expected to start walking on two legs very soon. He's an outside chance for round 1 but it's more likely that he'll be right to go by round 3.

Are you taking the piss?? Rex is seriously bad!!! He tries far to hard to be funny and just isn't.
Look it was the Nineties North were dominating and he put a different Spin on the game.. It was a different game then and more simple.. Were now every inch is scrutinised with a magnifine glass.. I thoroughly enjoyed his style and listened to him every week as i went to less games back then... Yes although not funny it was more fun listening for me...

Look it was the Nineties North were dominating and he put a different Spin on the game.. It was a different game then and more simple.. Were now every inch is scrutinised with a magnifine glass.. I thoroughly enjoyed his style and listened to him every week as i went to less games back then... Yes although not funny it was more fun listening for me...
I remember the 90's well mate, and I remember hating listen to the bearded bafoon talk s**t and make no sense. Each to there own though.... I'm sure that some people enjoy all sorts of things that I find horrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back