NAB Challenge - Carlton v West Coast Friday 7.10PM est - Mandurah

Remove this Banner Ad

I think my expectations of this club/team are probably at an all time low. It's a mental health protection mechanism.

Pretty much.

Our kick long and hope gameplan isn't getting any prettier. Guys like Boekhurst, Simpson and Yarran don't stand a chance if they have to keep going for loopy hospital handballs or hoping that nobody puts a knee in their neck while they are waiting for the hail mary from our kick ins to come down.

NAB Cup aside we did this last year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think WC supporters would be unbelievably disappointed with only a 31 point win given the side we went in with. All the kids put up a bit of a fight despite making plenty of mistakes. Jaksch, Cripps and Smith continue to look like they could make the grade especially with some more experienced players around them. Hopefully Whiley will be fit enough for the next one so we can see another one of our acquisitions in battle.

kevin bloody wilson.. it was over before it started !
My gut instinct tells me I'd be banned for life if I began quoting Derek & Clive. Their work was an "alternative education".

Perhaps the most annoying thing tonight is the laziness of the commentators
With so many young players it's hard to tell whose got the ball often but the commentators couldn't be ****** reading out half the possessions
At least we got to listen to a riveting chat with Will Schofield
I was hinting at the TV every time that Healy has no ******* clue what he is talking about and should stop fearmongering the worst possible outcome just to sell some drama. Flog.
This is probably the wrong thread for this, but since you've all made the comments here I'll put my thoughts here. The simple reality is that the game is run by the media for the media to impress the media. What the fan, supporter or member wants is really no longer relevant and/or important and hasn't been since coverage left nine and ten. I'd really love to let rip on this down the track.

Yes it's nab challenge. Yes it's to blow out cobwebs. Yes we had an extremely inexperienced side. What disappoints me the most is that the players that we'd hope and expect to stand up weren't up to it - Buckley, graham were missing targets, showed no composure and didn't look ready to take next step this year.

This is probably the wrong thread for this, but since you've all made the comments here I'll put my thoughts here. The simple reality is that the game is run by the media for the media to impress the media. What the fan, supporter or member wants is really no longer relevant and/or important and hasn't been since coverage left nine and ten. I'd really love to let rip on this down the track.
I feel a shandog shouts for the podcast about this issue coming on...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back