2015 Membership Thread - 70,000 MEMBERS! WE BROKE LAST YEARS RECORD!! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Do people really fight with their own fans? Lol
I had a time last year that I went with a mate in the reserve seat area behind the goals on the city end. The lads behind us were swearing a lot(we had kids with us) and my mate suggested to them to calm down a bit and it caused a huge slanging match. It got quite heated and it nearly ended in a blue. It was sorted out at the end of the game, shaking hands but if it didn't, it would be awkward next home game.

It happens

Esp when people bring in opposition supporting mates who start abiding the fans if the Tigs are losing

Also you get fights over seats. Some like to move to better seats than their own, and crack the shits when asked to move

We had a bad year once where we got into an argument with the group in front of us (they objected to us cheering loudly). Yelling match occurred, and let's just say things were frosty for the balance for the year

Does any one have an update on our current member numbers vs others teams? Surely we have passed the hawks by now.

It happens

Esp when people bring in opposition supporting mates who start abiding the fans if the Tigs are losing

Also you get fights over seats. Some like to move to better seats than their own, and crack the shits when asked to move

We had a bad year once where we got into an argument with the group in front of us (they objected to us cheering loudly). Yelling match occurred, and let's just say things were frosty for the balance for the year
I guess people are just knobs. Who woulda thought? :eek:

You need to get access to the reserved seat zone though, and that's all about the seat.

You have three groups of seats in there under your proposal, RFC reserved seats, publicly sold on game day seats, and RFC resold seats. Under your idea one of them would have no barcode referencing the seat or the zone, it's fraught with problems in terms of error management (you are effectively policing the distribution and allocation of one bay in two it platforms.

What ever solution is done, it must tie in with what ticketmaster is doing
Then use the Ticketmaster Resale site and require purchasers to enter their membership number as a code to get access to the available seats. That platform already exists also.

I still don't think having it on two platforms is that big a deal as that is how these companies resell unused tickets in the first place and they seem to be doing just fine in the process. I've used everything from Viagogo to Ebay for tickets and never had one problem. I understand that you can't put a membership barcode on there as it could be reused, but the barcode is never used to get you access to other sections of the stadium. It is always just a staff member looking at the text on the ticket so as long as the club is able to provide a single use barcode from Ticketmaster to get someone access on the day then that is the only hurdle I can see.

Perhaps it could be something like setting up a system with Ticketmaster that allows a member to create paper tickets for a particular game. Once they are issued then their member cannot use their card for that particular game, but the paper tickets can be transferred.
You say the club has been looking into this for 2-3 years and would have done it if they could, but this is already done by other sporting clubs around the world, so surely it CAN be done.

Then use the Ticketmaster Resale site and require purchasers to enter their membership number as a code to get access to the available seats. That platform already exists also.

I still don't think having it on two platforms is that big a deal as that is how these companies resell unused tickets in the first place and they seem to be doing just fine in the process. I've used everything from Viagogo to Ebay for tickets and never had one problem. I understand that you can't put a membership barcode on there as it could be reused, but the barcode is never used to get you access to other sections of the stadium. It is always just a staff member looking at the text on the ticket so as long as the club is able to provide a single use barcode from Ticketmaster to get someone access on the day then that is the only hurdle I can see.

Perhaps it could be something like setting up a system with Ticketmaster that allows a member to create paper tickets for a particular game. Once they are issued then their member cannot use their card for that particular game, but the paper tickets can be transferred.
You say the club has been looking into this for 2-3 years and would have done it if they could, but this is already done by other sporting clubs around the world, so surely it CAN be done.

Ticketmaster in the USA has a system already inplace... surely we can use a similar system here in Aus!?

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/

It's about the bay's, they won't want three categories of seats they have to allocate to and sell to within a single section. It's either available or not, but under this idea you throw in a curve ball

Words of wisdom from the cfc board....

Two weeks into the 5 thousand members in 5 weeks and the website has only 862 listed.
This campaign is not going to well.......

My response? No s**t Sherlock!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the sadness continues:

Carlton: 1,727
Richmond: 4,986

So during their membership drive, we have sold nearly 3:1 over them

As for 5in5, it's still at 685, so they now need to be selling 290 a day to meet their target. Might be a tough ask given they are running at around 70 a day

Just a reminder, how much s**t did we cop from blues fans over 3-0-75?

Right now Carlton is so unloved they are all but locked in as the daytime hooker of the AFL.

Seriously, they are Rebel Wilson without the funny

Carlton: 1881
Richmond: 5696

So that's 171 memberships a day, and this is during a promo!

As for 5in5, it has accelerated to a grand total of 862, just 78 a day.

Please Carlton, shut down the clock, you're just embarrassing yourselves now, and I'll be ****ed if I start feeling sorry for your mob

Couple of years ago when North beat us at the G (Petrie went mad in Q4)a Richmond knuckle went off his head on the siren. Language was horrific and when I asked him to ease up, games over etc he wanted to go me. Would have been on if the guy in the row behind didn't step in. (and I would've been destroyed:eek:)

Jan 14th (Hawks + 8920)

Feb 10th (H+4863) Hawks-60,743 Tigers-55,880

Feb 23rd (Hawks +2378) Hawks-61,663 Tigers-59,285

Feb 24th (Hawks +1955) Hawks-61,758 Tigers-59,803

Feb 25th (Hawks +1561) Hawks-61,866 Tigers-60,305

Feb 26th (Hawks +1161) Hawks-62,027 Tigers-60,866

Friday Feb 27th (H+754) Hawks-62,122 Tigers-61,368
Actual - Actual-61,576

Monday2nd March (H+347) Hawks-62,217 Tigers-61,870
Actual- Actual-

Tuesday 3rd March Hawks-62,315 Tigers-62,370
Actual - Actual-