NAB cup 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Well f**k...my excitement of season 2015 was shattered into a million pieces 5 minutes into the second qtr of the first NAB challenge game.

Our backline is in serious s**t if Easy is done

b3eeea2a58580009e58b5371f181f63de56351d9f5a8ceb83127b59f52c1d60c.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gentleman, although i was one hitting the panic button lets just wait for scans. If it is bad there is nothing we can do... s**t happens, we need to find a way around it I'm sure Simmo has something in mind

It doesn't look good for E-Mac. First thing I thought when I saw his injury was LeCras a few years back.
No contact whatsoever but the positioning of the knee was awkward.

Definitely thought ACL and most likely the probably cause.

Could be though a PCL in which we'll be looking around 6-8 weeks.
Or even a Knee fracture.

Another damning fact was with LeCras ACL he actually walked off the ground unassisted.
So when you do an ACL you aren't immediately incapacitated.

I was probably most impressed with Sheppard. Read the play beautifully across half back and a little onto the wing. I was at the game and his positioning was really good and he looked stronger around the ball. Will certainly start round 1.

Nelson looked good too, showed some impressive signs and got a bit of it. Masten and Wellingham was good in the middle, and Shuey made several explosive moves. Kennedy and LeCras were pretty dominant up forward as well.

Ruck battle was interesting, Sinclair and Lycett both played well.

I was probably most impressed with Sheppard. Read the play beautifully across half back and a little onto the wing. I was at the game and his positioning was really good and he looked stronger around the ball. Will certainly start round 1.

Nelson looked good too, showed some impressive signs and got a bit of it. Masten and Wellingham was good in the middle, and Shuey made several explosive moves. Kennedy and LeCras were pretty dominant up forward as well.

Ruck battle was interesting, Sinclair and Lycett both played well.
Did Sheppard start in the centre square at all, or mainly play outside?

Anyone have some thoughts on how our guys who aren't E-Mac went.

Shuey was BOG for mind, but others will probably disagree. Just burst through the centre of the ground ala Judd about five or six times. We see it every now and again but to see it so many times in one game is excellent.
Sheppard was consistently good except for one poor kick across our defensive goals.
Likewise, Wellingham who coughed up a clear 50m penalty.
Kennedy had a consist, but restrained, game.
Yeo's kicking wasn't great but his evasion and the way he backs himself to break lines was fantastic.
Sheed needed to be more involved but was standing in the tackles and delivering with handballs. Kicked a tremendously well weighted ball to Cripps in the second quarter.
Masten and Gaff were using the ball well and were overlapping to great effect.
Priddis looked like he was really enjoying playing against some of the younger players at Carlton. His creative work around the contest was vaguely similar to Sam Mitchell's. Doesn't usually translate that well.
Cripps played well and, as the commentators observed at one time, he ran hard and wasn't always rewarded.
Sinclair played better than Lycett.
Lamb needs to work on his composure.
Hill and McGinnity were poor. Karpany was unsighted. Tunbridge was not involved in the first half but had a more productive second half.

My votes:
5. Shuey
4. Sheppard
3. Masten
2. Kennedy
1. Priddis

HM: Wellingham, Gaff, Yeo, LeCras

I had a bit of a look and this is what simmo said about Mitch Brown last year when we all thought he had done his knee

"I went in thinking the worst," Simpson said. "But there is a little glimmer of hope that it might not be as bad as we thought. But a very small chance."

That is somewhat similar to what he said about emac, so i guess there is always hope. The main concern for me is that emac was able to walk off the ground fairly soon after hurting his knee, which as others have mentioned is often a sign of an ACL injury :(

Did Sheppard start in the centre square at all, or mainly play outside?

Shep played off the Hbf and didn't have too do too much defending but was pretty good with ball use out I on his own .

If you haven't seen the game most of the scoring was done at one end on account of the breeze .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back