News 2015 preseason training news and updates

Remove this Banner Ad

but "Hey Zeus" is Mexican pronunciation for Jesus
Mexicans speak Spanish. Mexican is actually Nahuatl language. So they'd pronounce Jesus the Spanish way.

From the live action of Cowan I have seen he is a pure mid. He would replace Christensen.

Big ask but that's the best case scenario.
From memory he actually played a few games as a very good small defender back when he was playing seniors for Daylesford as a kid... but that could also be because he was simply better than anyone else in that comp

From memory he actually played a few games as a very good small defender back when he was playing seniors for Daylesford as a kid... but that could also be because he was simply better than anyone else in that comp
I thought read that is exactly the position they had him training for. Can't find the article now but definitely remember them saying he was training down back.

he should realistically be trying to push out Stokes because all the other guys will either be improving or holding their own. Cowan is a terrific inside midfielder prospect. Good at winning clearances and has a nice turn of speed to accommodate the outside work he can also do. With Johnson a chance to retire by seasons end, he's got an opportunity to make significant in-roads (barring further injury).

If SJ was going to retire at season's end we should have taken the picks offered for him and SJ the money and years offered to him !

I think if we can manage it we play our players where they play their best footy. For me, if we had a decent midfield, we would play Guthrie down back.

I am hoping we get Danger for the midfield role that allows Guthrie to play HBF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If SJ was going to retire at season's end we should have taken the picks offered for him and SJ the money and years offered to him !

If SJ was going to retire at seasons end, he couldn't accept a 5 year deal…...

I think if we can manage it we play our players where they play their best footy. For me, if we had a decent midfield, we would play Guthrie down back.

I am hoping we get Danger for the midfield role that allows Guthrie to play HBF.

From what I saw today, Guthrie in midfield for me.

wasn't sure what thread to put this in as it's off field related

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-03-02/reeves-joins-cats-in-key-role

Nice to see us pinch one from another team instead of the other way around
He's probably the bloke who sold all those 20c memberships at the Pies that they got in trouble with- for false advertising :(
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-20/pies-fined-for-telling-porkies
(it was $20 memberships, actually- I was being little melodramatic)

Hope he doesn't think up anything too sneaky at Catland!

Someone mentioned workload being managed earlier.
I think there were a few that got that tag. JJ, Walker, Cowan.

Id expect them in NAB 2 or 3, or both…

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back