Wimmera League 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Forum has been very quiet, probably because not many clubs have done much this year with the exception of stawell and the burras.

Thought I'd get a bit of interest back, what's everyone's thoughts on:

Premier:
R'up:
Biggest improver:
Biggest slider:
Toohey:
Goal kicker:
Best recruit to the comp:

Premier - Minyip Murtoa
R'Up - Horsham
Biggest improver - Stawell
Biggest slider - Warrack
Toohey - Daniel Mendes
Goal kicker - Sean Christopher
Best recruit - Brad Thomas - stawell warriors

Premier: saints
R'up:burras
Biggest improver:Stawell
Biggest slider:warrack
Toohey:Kieran del
Goal kicker:Gavin kelm
Best recruit to the comp:Kyle pinto burras

anyone have any news on Ararat or Stawell ? I expect ararat to really challenge this year, from all accounts have signed up all of this years squad already with only mendes waiting to see if he relocates for work. stawell have kept things pretty quiet but recently ran into someone who is heavily evolved with the Warriors and they told me they have recruited extreamly well. Will be interesting to see ! The WFL should be very competitive next year with only penciling in a win against Nhill .

Mendez on the move back to Melbourne, zach louder has gone to tatyoon an there is a strong rumour jake Williamson is following zach with talks of a coaching role at tatyoon with Cameron. The set up at Alexander oval looks fantastic should of done it ten years ago any news on how the demons are looking this year???

Premier: Minyip-Murtoa
R'up: Horsham Saints
Biggest improver: Stawell
Biggest slider: Warrack
Toohey: Nick Pekin
Goal kicker: Lachie Exell
Best recruit to the comp: Kyle Pinto

Minyip-Murtoa to be the team to beat, big recruits, as well as the appointment of Jaye Macumber and an improved game plan will push them to the top of the league. From what I know about Jaye he likes to have a very fit, hard running team, so I'd expect that from the Burras this year.

Saints will be back with an even bigger chip on their shoulder this year, finally they have to say enough is enough and bring home some silverware. Got agonizingly close last year and look to continue to improve. They have in my opinion the best coach in the league and Bru will give them a chance to finally taste premiership glory. Not many outs, Keegan Mellington is the only one I can think of and have had a very solid pre-season from what I've heard.

Horsham will be a different Horsham from the past years, but just as dangerous. A massive number of 18 players make the step up to the senior and reserves sides from their premiership under 17's and that will lead to an influx of young talent to the senior side throughout the year, may suffer some growing pains due to the young nature of the side. Jordy is obviously a huge loss too as he is/was one of the league's best.

Dimboola are hard to judge as obviously Stuey Farr is a great coach and breeds success but they lose Bell, Blake, Matt Magee and a few apparently to Jeparit-Rainbow and Pimpinio, will be hard to cover all the outs.

Haven't really heard anything or know anything about the remaining clubs. Anyways that's just what I'm thinking of upcoming season, interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

Premier: Saints
R'up: Horsham demons
Toohey: Sam Clyne
Goal Kicker: Lachie Exell
Best Recruit: Torin Petrie

Well yeah the Burras look set to be the pre season favs with some good inclusions but they are known well for there chokin when it comes to the big games! I havent heard to much on the Demons front with only a few ressies leaving and the big red flying the coupe. Stawell have picked up apperently. not knowing any real names. Dimboola have come across some very handy recruits. out of the bendigo leauge and NTFL 4-6 players. and Nhill are heard to be picking up numbers aswell.

So hopefully its a better year for everyone! Most clubs are keeping very queit though!

Premier: Saints
R'up: Horsham demons
Toohey: Sam Clyne
Goal Kicker: Lachie Exell
Best Recruit: Torin Petrie

Well yeah the Burras look set to be the pre season favs with some good inclusions but they are known well for there chokin when it comes to the big games! I havent heard to much on the Demons front with only a few ressies leaving and the big red flying the coupe. Stawell have picked up apperently. not knowing any real names. Dimboola have come across some very handy recruits. out of the bendigo leauge and NTFL 4-6 players. and Nhill are heard to be picking up numbers aswell.

So hopefully its a better year for everyone! Most clubs are keeping very queit though!

Who has recruited Petrie? I'd imagine even if Dimmy has recruited 4-6 players they still won't be a threat considering they have already had clearances in for Baker, Bell, Blake & Everett, with talk of others leaving and i also heard Hamish Excell will miss most of the year after needing surgery.

I've heard Warrack have lost a lot of their core (hinkleys, Harrison, weir, peters), stawell have picked up as too have the Burras while saints and Horsham will be strong again.

Saints
MM
Horsham
Ararat
Stawell
Dimmy
Warrack
Nhill

I don't think we should be writing off Warrack just yet.
Signed Ben Martin last years Swifts co captain. Along with former NEAFL player who is the new physio in town.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Martin will struggle in the WFL he's on his last legs and lack of pace will expose him. You only have to ask him how good he is and he will soon tell you. He's only playing 7-8 games and then is shooting off overseas to get married and travel

Who has recruited Petrie? I'd imagine even if Dimmy has recruited 4-6 players they still won't be a threat considering they have already had clearances in for Baker, Bell, Blake & Everett, with talk of others leaving and i also heard Hamish Excell will miss most of the year after needing surgery.

I've heard Warrack have lost a lot of their core (hinkleys, Harrison, weir, peters), stawell have picked up as too have the Burras while saints and Horsham will be strong again.

Saints
MM
Horsham
Ararat
Stawell
Dimmy
Warrack
Nhill

Dimboola Recruited Torin Petrie

warra
Dimboola Recruited Torin Petrie
warrack are keeping fairly quiet but have a few blokes in the pipe line. martin is signed i have heard. but they have lost there best 10 players so i dont expect they will be a chance of premiership but finals is not out of the question. a few old warrack boys returning i hear.

Rumour has it Shane Field from the Warriors has put in the hard yards this preseason and is reaping the rewards on the track. Age is no barrier for the Big Show.

Saints
MM
Horsham
Ararat
Stawell
Dimmy
Warrack
Nhill

Not sure I would have saints on top!... Tend to choke in the big games (grand finals) rely on kelm to kick all the goals which at his age isn't a good thing! Horsham demons are my pick! Best young kids in the league !

Horsham Saints had a trip to the Port Adelaide FC last weekend. Session with Hinkley, Buddha Hocking & fitness staff etc. By all reports a great weekend. Excellent numbers on the track over preseason, quite a few new faces.

Anyone know of who's been tearing up the track? Any preseason flyers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back