Universal Love Port Adelaide 2015 Bushfire Appeal and Intra-Club Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Only got there half time.

Monfries is looking fit. Very smart and obviously along with Ryder, the ASADA stuff aside, he looks like he is in for a good year.

Really liked Arch's work in the forward line. He often outsized his opponent but he moved well, nice leads, created space and his blocking was very good. Very early but i think he has stepped up a level.

Butch was out to make a mark. His running and attack on the ball was miles improved to last year. Some confidence boosting marks and goals.

Negatives on Butch, at one stage he lost his defender from a point kick out and boy did Lobbe go to town on him. Clearly heard Lobbe's leadership coming out. Still relies too much on leading towards his own goals rather than providing the lead up target.

Butch was knackered halfway thru the last qtr. But as i said, heaps better than i've seen him for a fair while.

Krak showed only bursts. Some excellent tackles, collared gray at one stage with a beauty. Hoped for more from him.

Ryder, yum yum. At one stage, on the wing on hands and knees gets the hard ball out to Hoff who then nonchalantly waltzes around before giving back to Ryder who then passed of nicely into the fwd line.

Hoff and Ryder are going to be awesome twin towers around the ground. Great agility and speed for their size.

Barely noticed Hitman.

Oh and just wanted to say, Sam Russell is a tough lil bugger. Certainly makes you earn a possession. Has some niggle. Future tagger maybe?

Young in the guts was a clearance machine. There is a spot for him in fhe best 22 if he keeps improving and nails his chances especially in front of goals.

Billy Frampton's first official duties for club - goal umpiring. Showed his personality with a very casual KT like performance. Those show ponies at the AFL could learn from fhe young man. pretty sure Mason Shaw was acting as his deputy standing near him. They are on the right hand side goals in the club video.

A few observations from me:
- Ryder looked out of this world, he is going to add some serious flexibility to our side this year. I was really impressed.
- Wines is a freak. I'm not sure its possible for my man-love to get any bigger
- Lobbe took some clunking marks which has been a bit of a criticism so hopefully he brings that to the big league
- Harvey looked exhausted after every sprint. Definitely going to make Burgo earn his money to extract the most out of his body to get fit enough for AFL. To me he does look a natural forward but he needs a way bigger engine yet. I had expected him to look fitter this year. As my mate said, if he had all the tools he never would have slid to us.
- I love Polec. That left foot is out of this world. The two goals on the members flank were great.
- Good luck keeping stopping our midfield. Who do you tag?

I singled him out in my post. He was Louis Sharrad according to the sheet they gave out.

I think this #25 was taller than Sharrad. Players were swapping jumper numbers adding to the confusion. Well mine anyway. ;)

2:30

Jakey is just a freak kicking to a leading forward. Maybe the match of Polec in that regard. This never seems to get talked about.
Jake's got my favourite leg in the team sub 40m. Intentful, perfectly weighted, wormburning passes which always seem to hit the key forward on the chest with a bit of fire behind it.

Watching the finals last year, i gotta say he's already exceeded the player i thought he'd become.

Fos Williams talking about Russell Ebert once commented on Russell's power and the heaviness with which he ran. He mentioned Reg Beaufoy once said he would never get in Russell's way because he ran with a heaviness that carried him through other player's bodies. That's what Ollie Wines does to his opponents.

But if you want to know how good Russell Ebert was in his day, imagine Ollie Wines with Robbie Gray's skills. No I'm not kidding.

A good mate of mine who saw a lot of russell said in ollie's first season that he saw a young Russell in Wines

The guy that impressed me the most - was not BOG or anything like that because the guns played to their normaly high standard - but I had NFI who he was and assumed a Sanfl player was #22 in white who Matthew Richardson late in the last quarter told me was Luke Reynolds. He is very clean and has a great left foot - didnt see him miss a target. He spent last year on Carlton's rookie list. Keep an eye out for him with the Magpies. Wouldnt be surprised if the Burgo Kern double act produce another Krakouer type rebirth.
I actually wanted us to draft him... As a junior, he had a dominant feel to his game as a third tall forward / half forward, but the knock on him was he was a one trick pony - great on the lead, then would instantly swing around Buddy Franklin style on to his left every time. More often than not was a great kick, but I guess recruiters felt he'd get exposed at AFL level if that's all he could do, so he slipped to the rookie draft.

Very excited to have him at the Magpies and see how he develops for us.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/pa...intra-club-match/story-fndv8s6g-1227242255693
Paddy Ryder shows he’ll bring another dimension to Port Adelaide in intra-club match
BOOM recruit Paddy Ryder showed glimpses of his magic as Port Adelaide warmed up for its NAB Challenge campaign with a solid intra-club practice match at Alberton Oval.

Ryder, who the Power gave up its first two draft picks to secure in a trade from Essendon in October as it zeros in on its second AFL premiership, had seven shots at goal in a lively performance up forward and in the ruck.
Showing great athleticism for his size (196cm), Ryder's kicking let him down as he bagged 3.4.
But his ability to take a mark and win the ball at ground level was impressive and highlighted how he will bring a new dimension to a Port side which went within a kick of playing in last year's grand final.
More...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/pa...intra-club-match/story-fndv8s6g-1227242255693
upload_2015-2-28_7-7-25.png
Paddy Ryder wins the tap against Matthew Lobbe

In line waiting for autographs(which i bailed on) and i think Boaks mum and people she knows wanted to see if they could get in and KT let them in and the security guard said something like "there are 400 people waiting in line ya know" , classic casual KT as always just smiled and said "no this lovely lady is always welcome , its ok mate " , i wanted to get in that guys face but then commonsense kicked , so i just looked at him mean lol, could not believe he did not get angry with the bloke , just as cool as i remember him
I am sure Boaks mum didn't have a sign around her neck saying "I am Boakies mummy" so I must be let through.
The security guard always cops the abuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree he was doing his job, however I can't imagine reminding the CEO of the club how many people are in line was a smart idea.
I know it may be hard to believe but a lot of these security guards are hired contractors and apart from eating meat and eggs and doing 400kg bench presses they aren't real bright at the best of times.There is a chance that he didn't even know who KT was let alone Boakies Mother.
Lol! Here is me with one post going in to bat for security.Next post rubbishing them. Must be having a shcizophrenic morning.

Last edited:
I know it may be hard to believe but a lot of these security guards are hired contractors and apart from eating meat and eggs and doing 400kg bench presses they aren't real bright at the best of times.There is a chance that he didn't even know who KT was let alone Boakies Mother.
Lol! Here is me with one post going in to bat for security.Next post rubbishing them. Must be having a shcizophrenic morning.
Maybe if KT wasn't so casual the guard would of known who he was. ;)

I was probably a bit vanilla in that crowd tonight to notice, need some tatts I reckon.
Or a mullet. I was clearly over dressed myself, Ford levelled himself off by taking off his tie :)

just watched 5min highlight package - it was just a 'blow the cobwebs away' training/match.
A no-bruise session - hurry up and bring on the real stuff please.

2:30

Jakey is just a freak kicking to a leading forward. Maybe the match of Polec in that regard. This never seems to get talked about.
Some of Jakey's evasive work there up the ground in those highlights was very Gray like. It wouldn't surprise me to see Neade spend more time up the ground this year. With Ryder and Schulz up forward he'll really come into his own as a crumber, but geez he's electric linking up through the centre as well.

just watched 5min highlight package - it was just a 'blow the cobwebs away' training/match.
A no-bruise session - hurry up and bring on the real stuff please.
Someone should have told Logan, Russell, Wines and Krakour that...

All is see is white and gold.

Our colours in hoops look interesting. :p

1425076911930.jpg

Or a mullet. I was clearly over dressed myself, Ford levelled himself off by taking off his tie :)

I couldn't match the guys with tattoos on their faces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back