Game Day NAB Cup Game 1 - Brisbane Lions v St Kilda @ Burpengary

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is the first time Ive got a Game Day thread in! Being awake at 1am at work probably helps that one...

The Game starts at 3:10PM and thanks to an AFL Backflip that would make a Gymnist proud the club WILL be streaming a live broadcast of the match, which will be linked on Lions.com.au.

Current team:

Brisbane Lions
1 Luke McGuane
4 James Aish
5 Mitch Robinson
6 Josh Green
7 Jed Adcock
8 Rohan Bewick
9 Dayne Beams
10 Daniel Rich
14 Brent Staker
15 Dayne Zorko
17 Claye Beams
18 Nick Robertson
21 Daniel Merrett
22 Marco Paparone
23 Matthew Leuenberger
25 Daniel McStay
26 Tom Cutler
27 Darcy Gardiner
28 Lewis Taylor
29 Jaden McGrath
30 Jack Redden
31 Harris Andrews
32 Sam Mayes
33 Michael Close
35 Ryan Lester
38 Tom Rockliff
42 Justin Clarke
44 Archie Smith
47 Zac O'Brien

Really keen to see first year players Jaden McGrath and Harris Andrews, as well as how much Archie has developed. Good to see Rich back on a footy field to, and D.Beams first run in our colours, as well as Robinsons!

I wonder who will be the three who drop out of the squad.

Really wish i could attend/watch, although Soundwave is a good replacement. Really keen to see how Bergs goes holding down the ruck, as well as Rich and Beams go across HB. Our new Beams will also be good to watch to see how he fits in with our midfiels group. Then there is the forward line. Staker is better than he is given credit for, and hopefully him and Close have a good game. McGuane as a 3rd tall can kick a bag as well.

On Instagram McGrath (I almost called him Ash) posted that his parents were up for the game so he's in.
Might be a coupe of older players instead- that's normally how it goes.
McGrath is probably our only small forward depth, good to get him some experience. If Zorko is going to play midfield, that only leaves Green and Taylor(who isn't really a small forward anyway).

Besides looking forward to the obvious( the game itself), I'm looking to see how our new midfield work together with the inclusions, plus Harris Andrews. Leppa has given him a bit of a wrap, so obviously rates him and his progress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy! It's a party.

7gtQVYh.gif

#footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back