Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, maybe not.

All I know is that the records we had relating to administration of supplements was inadequate, and despite the weight of accusations against the club, none have featured the deliberate destruction of records as one of them.
Donial, anger, sadness & acceptance.

You have to go through the 4 stages of grief before you can move on.
The faster you get to anger the closer you get to acceptance.

...and it took him pretty much the entire decision period to make that decision. Despite the likelihood that his lawyers would have told him within 5 minutes after reading the full court judgment that his chances of getting special leave was bugger all.

The thought that he had run out of escape hatches must have really stuck in his craw for the last couple of weeks.

#Sympathyforjmimyscraw

Yeah, I really feel for *james at this point.

My sympathy meter is officially reading higher than it has at any point since this whole saga started.

6a00d83420c2cc53ef00e54f5bab658834-640wi.jpg

At the end of Hird's interview about giving up his appeals he said that * had been unfairly and harshly treated. I nearly drove off the road - half laughter, half fury.

Loved the presser.

Only thing missing was *hirdy shouting at reporters, "I'm rich James, bitch!"

Just visited the *essendon board.

In breaking news, it's still piss funny.

Exhibit A....

A lesser bloke would have thrown in the towel and given up. I admire Hird's passion and love for EFC and its players. That passion and energy for success as a coach can take EFC a long way.

Yes. Absolutely.

Essendon-Press-Conference-628x387.jpg

Good call.

Above all the laughing and pisstaking, this has the potential to become horrific from a human element point of view. Even after the court cases, legal and political drama settles there's still the longer term health issue of the players. Some may end up with some form of crippling disease down the track (eg cancer etc) which is already likely in any person in society. But if one of the 34 end up with some major health issue later in life, it would have to cross their minds that whatever was injected into them all those years ago might have played a role. This opens a whole new legal can of worms for Hird. And while the contentious point would remain as to whether the substances did or didn't impact on long term health, the fact remains that this will probably never blow over for all those in question. Hird has kids so I wonder if he'd allow some hotshot coach oversee the same type of program with his own kids in sport - highly unlikely. Ken Hinkley put it best when he was talking about drafting young kids - you're essentially taking them from their parents at a young age, who are counting on you (the senior coach) to look after their child as if they were your own. So above all the #standbyhird rubbish, this is an issue that could very well come back at any time in life, long after grandstanding legal battles for personal gratification and footy careers are finished. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Above all the laughing and pisstaking, this has the potential to become horrific from a human element point of view. Even after the court cases, legal and political drama settles there's still the longer term health issue of the players. Some may end up with some form of crippling disease down the track (eg cancer etc) which is already likely in any person in society. But if one of the 34 end up with some major health issue later in life, it would have to cross their minds that whatever was injected into them all those years ago might have played a role. This opens a whole new legal can of worms for Hird. And while the contentious point would remain as to whether the substances did or didn't impact on long term health, the fact remains that this will probably never blow over for all those in question. Hird has kids so I wonder if he'd allow some hotshot coach oversee the same type of program with his own kids in sport - highly unlikely. Ken Hinkley put it best when he was talking about drafting young kids - you're essentially taking them from their parents at a young age, who are counting on you (the senior coach) to look after their child as if they were your own. So above all the #standbyhird rubbish, this is an issue that could very well come back at any time in life, long after grandstanding legal battles for personal gratification and footy careers are finished. Just my opinion.
Great post mate!!!

What are you doing posting while sober?

I'd liked to be a fly on the wall.....in da *Tird home. With Tan-yah cackling around the kitchen making breakfast and uttering the words the way we all imagine " those numpties at the high court don't know schit..........LEGALLY we're in da right" we're innocent I tell ya innocent....!

And * Hird will still deflect blame IUB.

Do we have an extradition treaty with France ? Just wondering.........

Following the re-establishment of full diplomatic relations with France after the nuclear testing stuff of the 90s, I can confirm we do.

Once had to look into the matter for a mate of mine, Jamie Johnstone.

All good in the end.

I'd liked to be a fly on the wall.....in da *Tird home. With Tan-yah cackling around the kitchen making breakfast and uttering the words the way we all imagine " those numpties at the high court don't know schit..........LEGALLY we're in da right" we're innocent I tell ya innocent....!

Tanya makes breakfast?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tanya makes breakfast?

You are such a pathetic toad. You put s**t on us when you thought you were good, now you know, in your tiny little black scaly heart, that you're gone, you put s**t on your supporters who are at least sticking tight and floating over here like you think we care for you.

That's what I find most vile, the way you put s**t on your own now, in the truly dark hour. You never called bullshit on the program from day one. You are the worst sort of coward and attempted collaborator.

I don't understand why the mods tolerate your s**t, they are better people than me, that's why they are mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are such a pathetic toad. You put s**t on us when you thought you were good, now you know, in your tiny little black scaly heart, that you're gone, you put s**t on your supporters who are at least sticking tight and floating over here like you think we care for you.

That's what I find most vile, the way you put s**t on your own now, in the truly dark hour. You never called bullshit on the program from day one. You are the worst sort of coward and attempted collaborator.

I don't understand why the mods tolerate your s**t, they are better people than me, that's why they are mods.
Settle - it's a joke thread. All welcome as long as they follow the rules.

Not you too.

Sooner Teff gets back from the monastery and I get some real back up here, the better.

You wouldn't last ten seconds in the real North games back in the day.

Or in Gero.

Joke thread?

Are you telling me I came here, offered my valuable, insightful and damn witty opinion and it WASN'T a serious sympathy thread for....

what is that insignia you use...

it's here somewhere...

HA!

These guys!!

&

Sympathy for &

I don't hate him with particular vengeance because he's an Essendon supporter. FFS, I have accepted that 7-10 per cent of the population (dependent on their ladder position) around me possibly carry the disease and I take appropriate measures.

It is the vile cowardice in the face of battle I despise.

Prick crowed for years about how they'd get off because they are rich and powerful.

Now they aren't, like the shiftless toad he is, he comes here.

This isn't a joke thread Wild Bill ... this is a North supporters laughing at their misery thread.

Revelling in it.

Bathing in their tears.

You don't like, how about you jump over with your mates over there.

(That you drink with before games)

That's not very sympathetic now Madman.

No, no it isn't. I didn't title the thread but I have no sympathy for them.

Never have, never will. Ever.

Recall 2007. They were ready to nail the coffin lid shut.

Now James Hird lovers like Wild Bill and Dan wish to show mercy for the squealing pig as it is cornered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back