NAB Challenge - vs. Richmond @ Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm driving down, best to park at the station
i plan on getting there at 2pm to get a solid parking
If it's a good park VD take a pic and tell us about it George Costanza style!

I'm way too excited for this! I expect nothing yet I can't wait! Hope to see some Lukey D Lachie H style stuff from the wing a couple of years ago or the one handed Bonts mark, followed by a one handed Stringer mark, followed by a Lukey D checkside! Asking too much haha?!

2 - 3 to be dropped and with the full strength side I am guessing.

FB: Wood, Roughead, Morris
HB: Murphy, Hamling, JJ
C: Stevens, Bontempelli, Macrae
HF: Dahlhaus, Redpath, Hrovat,
FF: Stringer, T.Boyd, Grant
R: Minson, Libba, Wallis
Int: (6 to chose from) M.Boyd, Picken, Jong, Hunter, T.Campbell, Talia
EMG: Cordy, Prudden, Dickson.

See how close I get.
I like it actually

There is a reasonable chance I may be late to the game. I have a ticket though. If i'm late and it does reach capacity, will I be able to get in?

Back up plan is dig a hole and tunnel under the ground.

I was too young to drink at the oval when we used to play AFL there. Consider Saturdays game a bit of a pilgrimage. Will be starting at the courthouse in footscray and working my way down to the oval in time for the game. Go dogs.

There is a reasonable chance I may be late to the game. I have a ticket though. If i'm late and it does reach capacity, will I be able to get in?

Back up plan is dig a hole and tunnel under the ground.
If you have a ticket you can enter at any time
its more for members and walk ups

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I saw was you can't bring glass into Whitten Oval. Was hoping we could still bring cans, now I'm not sure.

I am so envious of all of you who are going to the match today. I spent many a day in the outer and in the Whitten Stand on Saturdays over 20 years. Of course, most of those days the rain pelted down, the temperature was near freezing and the wind blew up a storm. I loved it! I feel like packing up my usual smoked beef sandwich, bottle of Pepsi, thermos of coffee, pastry from a bakery and await my usual purchase of hot chips there with tonnes of salt and vinegar. *so nostalgic*:p

Pic of my mum and dad at a Footscray vs South match in May 1979:

dampmfooty_zps5b95f493.jpg

Have fun and beat those damn Tigers for me!

I bought my first home near the rising sun in 83. I can't wait to do the same walk from the street I made many times with my doggies mates - some who are no longer with us. In fact I just had to wipe a tear from my eyes to continue typing. I just wish the 'Riser' was still there so I could salute them in style. This time I return after getting dropped off outside the house with my 3 sons. Have a great day one and all.

Should be a great day. My favourite memory was sitting with my mum just to the south of the coaches box on the outer wing watching The Hawk tear it up in the 80's.

I'm really looking forward to today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back