Inaugural BigFooty Keeper League

Remove this Banner Ad

"That Team" realises giving up a Rnd 12 pick is the first round of the draft?
No.. That trade was done while I was in the playoffs at one point. Unfortunately I had too many injuries at times and players who stuttered (like Allen after his fantastic start to the year) and dropped out. Now my first pick is better than it was.

Nope, was a couple of offers and i accepted.
A good trade for me - basically has ended up as Howard, Zetterberg & Yandle for Jake Allen.

Risk and reward is the notion of trades. For Brades sake he hopes that Allen becomes the goaltender he shows promise to be, while also putting him in the running for the the chance to pick up McDavid or Eichel. Meanwhile my squad gets a lift in the battle to win this year's league.

All up, what makes our league fun to be in.....

The keeper league 'consolidation' playoffs may be more interesting than the keeper league championship playoffs now that Brades has got his pick back - The winner gets first opportunity to draft McDavid!

Last edited:
Au Revoir Mr Stamkos, I hope you enjoy your new home.
I haven't had a top 10 superstar since Kovalchuk departed. Datsyuk might of been top 10 this season if he wasn't injured at the start of the season.

If you look at my team I have about 9 players that are very good scorers around 0.7-0.8 ppg. I felt it was time to do a quantity for quality trade. I'm hoping Stamkos is back to his 1 ppg game best next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't had a top 10 superstar since Kovalchuk departed. Datsyuk might of been top 10 this season if he wasn't injured at the start of the season.

If you look at my team I have about 9 players that are very good scorers around 0.7-0.8 ppg. I felt it was time to do a quantity for quality trade. I'm hoping Stamkos is back to his 1 ppg game best next season.

You win this trade every day of the week - well done

Im starting to wonder whether that broken leg Stamkos got last year has permanently reduced his effectiveness. He doesnt seem to be the player he was before it. I think we may have seen the best of him already so this was a good trade for me. Spezza is another top centre, Okposo gets better by the year and Im hoping Drouin will be firing off assists by the bucket load in a year or two.

Im starting to wonder whether that broken leg Stamkos got last year has permanently reduced his effectiveness. He doesnt seem to be the player he was before it. I think we may have seen the best of him already so this was a good trade for me. Spezza is another top centre, Okposo gets better by the year and Im hoping Drouin will be firing off assists by the bucket load in a year or two.

Stamkos' shooting percentage this season (16%) is down from his average over the past three seasons (19.5%).

Probably an aberration...

Spezza won't be what he was playing second fiddle to Seguin.

Tough sell. They'll be next season's Buffalo for 82 games next season. They're likely to lose their best forward and d'man to be replaced by prospects.

Maybe Bernier will get dealt as well, that might bump the price up.

Tough sell. They'll be next season's Buffalo for 82 games next season. They're likely to lose their best forward and d'man to be replaced by prospects.

Maybe Bernier will get dealt as well, that might bump the price up.

I can almost guarantee you he will be taken in the first round when he ends up in the free agent pool

I can almost guarantee you he will be taken in the first round when he ends up in the free agent pool

Why "almost"? Sounds like you'll pick him. ;)

The only goalie that went in the first round in this season's draft was Jimmy Howard.

You're obviously confident he will improve from his 19 wins, 2.70GAA and .916 SV%
That sits him in 29th spot statistically for goalies who have played 1300 minutes or more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back