libba knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Very very similar to prismall doing his acl in a final playing for the cats a few years back - you can actually see the knee separating as he lands and twists. Almost certainly an acl

Didn't look too bad as he walked off.
Haven't seen the incident, but I fear for him if that's the case. Players who do an ACL are usually able to walk/limp/hobble off. Hoping it's something minor, and for a speedy recovery either way.

Hope he's okay and if worst comes to worst, his dad was a miracle healer with knee injuries - didn't he return after only 3-4 months?

On this topic, proven performers do not need 3 full practice matches. No team should play a full strength team in NAB 1 in my opinion, should rest your proven stars, play more kids, then bring in the guns closer to NAB 3.

On this topic, proven performers do not need 3 full practice matches. No team should play a full strength team in NAB 1 in my opinion, should rest your proven stars, play more kids, then bring in the guns closer to NAB 3.

Coach wants our best team playing the first game in the challenge to see how they go as a unit, will be playing the kids for the other two games.

I don't think it makes a difference that he did it in NAB rd 1. If it happens, it happens. Petracca did his in a simulation at training - do we ban that? These things can happen at any time.

I don't think it makes a difference that he did it in NAB rd 1. If it happens, it happens. Petracca did his in a simulation at training - do we ban that? These things can happen at any time.

I remember a soccer player injuring himself horribly just by putting his feet on his table.

I remember a soccer player injuring himself horribly just by putting his feet on his table.
there have been a few footy players fall in the bath, for memory? it happens, but damn that acceptance doesn't lessen the hurt.
s**t we had one cleaned up by a golf cart shooting a vid.....

You can't avoid training, but you can avoid 1 or 2 meaningless preseason games 5 weeks out from Round 1 for a gun player with nothing to prove.

If they rested him today he wouldn't have injured his knee, period. Let's just hope it's something other than an ACL, he might only miss 3-4 weeks and be back for Round 1.

You can't avoid training, but you can avoid 1 or 2 meaningless preseason games 5 weeks out from Round 1 for a gun player with nothing to prove.

If they rested him today he wouldn't have injured his knee, period. Let's just hope it's something other than an ACL, he might only miss 3-4 weeks and be back for Round 1.

Practice games are necessary preparation for the season so no, not really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have happened next week? It's a freak incident.

Very very similar to prismall doing his acl in a final playing for the cats a few years back - you can actually see the knee separating as he lands and twists. Almost certainly an acl
He never ended up reaching the highs expected of him. Was one of my favourites. :(

There always seems to be a lot of ACL's early in the season. I wonder if this is caused by certain activities in pre-season training.

Looks bad. Drops the pressure on us this year drastically. Only up from here hopefully

There always seems to be a lot of ACL's early in the season. I wonder if this is caused by certain activities in pre-season training.

The way it got explained to me is that their bodies are so finely tuned much like a formula 1 car that as soon as they do something against a normal movement it just goes. Which is the reason you see more in the AFL then you do it park footy

Hope he's okay and if worst comes to worst, his dad was a miracle healer with knee injuries - didn't he return after only 3-4 months?

Bit different for a team like the Dogs imo.

Dogs have a new coach, having lost Griffen (19 games in 2014), Cooney (18), Higgins (20), Jones (10) Giansiracusa (15) hell even Tutt played a third of the season (7). Also a chance Crameri may be out for some portion of the season. So for a third of 2014 (7 games) there is 7 players to replace. There is a new KF who will be the focal point of their forward line in years to come. There's heap of structures to put into place etc.

Meanwhile Hardwick is entering his 6th season, and has a solid crew of players that have been developed (even drafted) under his tutelage. There's probably only 6 best 22 players that haven't been in the side for at least 2 seasons. There's no need to play the bulk of your best 22 when you guys have developed structures, know what's going on etc. The Dogs don't have that luxury.

It sucks what happened with Libba but pre-season is important for clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back