Universal Love Can anyone help out my Collingwood supporting foster daughter? $455 RAISED

Remove this Banner Ad

There seem to be a lot of scarves and hats available.
I'm wondering if we can start some sort of donation centre, or jumper swap or something.
How about if SpeciousArgument asks the foster care people if they know of other needy pies supporters?

Many people must have jumpers that no longer fit them, or especially their kids, so perhaps they can be traded amongst us

Came late to this. Happy to donate some cashola if there is something else in the pipeline or money is still needed for a membership.

Great thread.
Awesome work SpeciousArgument hats off to you.

Will definitely donate to this, thanks Magpie Girl for providing account details.

I also have a couple of spare scarves (well about 5... Bought a new one at each 2010 x2 and 2011 GF plus another 2 I already had)
Couple of hats as well.

More than happy to send them through

Probably better to donate them to an orphanage or foster care center for kids who haven't been able to get a foster parent.

Think 'Haley' is well and truly covered now.

Hey guys, since the appeal was started to raise money for a jumper and a membership, both of which have been ordered and arranged by SnakePlisskin and Anzacday respectively Ive been discussing a few ideas with the mods for what the money could be put towards. Were moving house over the weekend so hopefully will have an update and some more pics with her new jumper early next week. Big thanks again for all the love and support.

The appeal has now finished and the amount of $455 has been raised!

You guys are absolutely awesome, kind hearted and generous, and it's a very beautiful thing that you've all done for this little girl.:hearts::rainbow:

Given that a jumper and tickets have been donated, and lots of gear has been sent, we are discussing with SpeciousArgument how she can best benefit from your donations.

I hope you are all happy and willing to trust his judgement

Well done everyone, and to the Club

I feel very proud to be a Pies supporter:hearts:

(and I think I'm making myself cry)

You guys are absolutely awesome, kind hearted and generous, and it's a very beautiful thing that you've all done for this little girl.:hearts::rainbow:
Given that a jumper and tickets have been donated, and lots of gear has been sent, we are discussing with SpeciousArgument how she can best benefit from your donations.
They way I look at it, now that Hayley has been looked after I wouldn't be at all disappointed if he took his wife out for dinner, took the kids to Luna Park or spent it on clothes.
SpeciousArgument your call mate.

Last edited:

I think the awesome people who donated and your self deserve all of the credit here. MAGPIE GIRL you have a big kind caring heart to set up such a great thing.
magpie_girl_by_kikoken-d37md5c.jpg
0a335c528a9a9423aeb6ee13bb5db50b.jpg

They way I look at it, now the little girl has been looked after I wouldn't be at all disappointed if he took his wife out for dinner, took the kids to Luna Park or spent it on clothes.
SpeciousArgument your call mate.
Love the call Anzacday. Have real admiration for the people who give something of themselves for the benefit of those less fortunate. Think Specious and his Mrs could do with a night out and give themselves a chance to romance over the prospect of becoming Pies followers. I jest. Think you both deserve something back for your efforts however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey everyone, im sorry i havent been around much the last few days. We were living in a 3 bedroom townhouse which was perfect for the 3 of us, but was too small for the 5 of us. Hayleys poor little sister had a cot in our ensuite for the last few weeks so they wouldnt keep each other awake. The girls also added a twice daily 1 hour round trip to school and daycare and the hours spent in the car have been adding up. We're now in a 4 bedroom house with a massive yard, 5 minutes from Hayleys school and literally 1 block away from the daycare. The move has been brutal but worth it.

I have an idea for what the money could be spent on but want to run the idea by all of who donated first as I think you should get a say if its being put towards anything other than its original purpose. At Hayleys school they have an ipad program where from grade one each child has access to an ipad in class. It is generally expected that children will have their own ipads but for children without their own the school has ipads for them to use but they arent allowed to take them home. DHS have elected not to buy her one and my wife and I cant really justify the expense. We were lead to believe that there would be several kids in her class without their own ipad but it turns out shes the only one. In that sort of amount there isnt really anything else she needs.

SnakePlisskin an express post satchel arrived today without a name on it, so im guessing thats for Hayley. Will post some photos tonight of her opening it.

Hey everyone, im sorry i havent been around much the last few days. We were living in a 3 bedroom townhouse which was perfect for the 3 of us, but was too small for the 5 of us. Hayleys poor little sister had a cot in our ensuite for the last few weeks so they wouldnt keep each other awake. The girls also added a twice daily 1 hour round trip to school and daycare and the hours spent in the car have been adding up. We're now in a 4 bedroom house with a massive yard, 5 minutes from Hayleys school and literally 1 block away from the daycare. The move has been brutal but worth it.

I have an idea for what the money could be spent on but want to run the idea by all of who donated first as I think you should get a say if its being put towards anything other than its original purpose. At Hayleys school they have an ipad program where from grade one each child has access to an ipad in class. It is generally expected that children will have their own ipads but for children without their own the school has ipads for them to use but they arent allowed to take them home. DHS have elected not to buy her one and my wife and I cant really justify the expense. We were lead to believe that there would be several kids in her class without their own ipad but it turns out shes the only one. In that sort of amount there isnt really anything else she needs.

SnakePlisskin an express post satchel arrived today without a name on it, so im guessing thats for Hayley. Will post some photos tonight of her opening it.

Fantastic idea - I say go for it!

PS: Edited my other post to include Hayley's name :thumbsu:

Yeah mate it is .

Only if you put a Pies sticker on it ;)

Absolutely, hope Hayley enjoys and gets plenty of use from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back