WTF is a "spec moderator"?
(a) adjudicator of Mark of the Year
(b) Examiner of expectorant
(c) someone who administers an anti-expectorant
(d) Someone who advises you not to have a flutter on a long shot
(e) a design reviewer
(f) a person who counts the number of spectators at VUWO
(g) all of the above
(h) none of the above - something else altogether - if so ... what?

Unorth

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Although, and I know it's a preseason practice game, and the first one at that, but...

One of the issues the team had last season was actually kicking for goal, mostly on seemingly straightforward shots. Particularly from guys like Hunter and Dahlhaus, who went 0.2 and 1.1 today, two usual suspects from last season. Particularly Hunter. But I'm willing to put that down to rust for this first (unimportant practice) match. I just hope it's something they actually identified as an area that needs attention and worked it, thus we will see improved goal kicking in the regular season. Hopefully...I'm not sure how much more Hunter/Dahlhaus/Hrovat/Others missing easy shots and subsequent face palming I can take.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
WTF is a "spec moderator"?
(a) adjudicator of Mark of the Year
(b) Examiner of expectorant
(c) someone who administers an anti-expectorant
(d) Someone who advises you not to have a flutter on a long shot
(e) a design reviewer
(f) a person who counts the number of spectators at VUWO
(g) all of the above
(h) none of the above - something else altogether - if so ... what?
Essentially they're my training wheels. :p

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Although, and I know it's a preseason practice game, and the first one at that, but...

One of the issues the team had last season was actually kicking for goal, mostly on seemingly straightforward shots. Particularly from guys like Hunter and Dahlhaus, who went 0.2 and 1.1 today, two usual suspects from last season. Particularly Hunter. But I'm willing to put that down to rust for this first (unimportant practice) match. I just hope it's something they actually identified as an area that needs attention and worked it, thus we will see improved goal kicking in the regular season. Hopefully...I'm not sure how much more Hunter/Dahlhaus/Hrovat/Others missing easy shots and subsequent face palming I can take.

Been saying all along that hunter is poor set shot and should be turned into a backman.

cammo78

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mooroolbark FC, Arizona Cardinals
Great day. Libba aside. That's ****ed. Par for the course as a Dog fan it seems.

Ground an absolute treat. Never seen a better surface in my life.

However. At what point was it decided that a couple of beer tents would service 12k people on a 35 degree day. Basically a quarter line up for a beer.

They kicked a goal in every respect bar this (pretty important) one.

Had a family event to attend so missed this.

Happy we got a win, and what a turn out at our old home ground!

Libba news sucks, from Beveridge's press conference it doesn't seem good.

10865945_10153621872703561_1783276749337880237_o.jpg

indeed that is Candy at .55

Beasley

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2005
Full Forward
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Beveridge spoke well at his press conference. It was damn refreshing to hear our coach speaking with positivity and enthusiasm for the players and club. None of the "quality young men" crap or "we will go back to work on Monday....." that we have suffered the past couple of years from the school teacher.

Well done Luke.

Had a family event to attend so missed this.

Happy we got a win, and what a turn out at our old home ground!

Libba news sucks, from Beveridge's press conference it doesn't seem good.
You going to the family day/intra next week?

You going to the family day/intra next week?

Yeah might be along, we got my nephew a Bulldogs membership this year...so Dad is taking him to finalise the indoctrination. (His Dad's a Melbourne supporter)

Yeah might be along, we got my nephew a Bulldogs membership this year...so Dad is taking him to finalise the indoctrination. (His Dad's a Melbourne supporter)
hahaha
i know the feeling, my old man a dees man
sweet, if you go
wanna have a kick after the game?

OK, I'll preface my remarks by admitting I'm of the slightly pessimistic - until proven otherwise school of thought.
I've come away from that game with some anxiety about the coming season. If I was an independent observer and was asked which team looked to have more potential I'd probably say the Coburg Tigers. They seemed to have a clearer game plan and their kicking was better than ours. When pace was needed they had plenty.
There are so many areas for Beveridge to work on: disposal, which still needs big improvement; failure to put pressure on ball carriers; goal kicking, which, considering we were playing on our home ground, was poor; game plan: resembled last year's shemozzle at times. Loss of Libba - gut wrenching.
Some other doubts that linger are: T Boyd as a ruckman (jumping and positioning not there yet - do we need him as a ruckman?), Stringer as an on-baller (doesn't yet know where to position himself), Hunter as an on-baller (strength, pace and second efforts not yet evident).
Some positives (already covered in earlier posts): Redpath plays like a genuine forward and must be persevered with, Hamling and Talia both showed enough to give hope we have found a CHB, Picken - if some of the more skillful players played with his endeavour and courage we would be a significantly better team.

Very early days and it's best not to make too many predictions but Bev has a huge job to develop this team. Hang on for a wild ride.
PS We have back to back AFL victories at Whitten Oval albeit nearly 18 years apart!

ErnieSigley

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
OK, I'll preface my remarks by admitting I'm of the slightly pessimistic - until proven otherwise school of thought.
I've come away from that game with some anxiety about the coming season. If I was an independent observer and was asked which team looked to have more potential I'd probably say the Coburg Tigers. They seemed to have a clearer game plan and their kicking was better than ours. When pace was needed they had plenty.
There are so many areas for Beveridge to work on: disposal, which still needs big improvement; failure to put pressure on ball carriers; goal kicking, which, considering we were playing on our home ground, was poor; game plan: resembled last year's shemozzle at times. Loss of Libba - gut wrenching.
Some other doubts that linger are: T Boyd as a ruckman (jumping and positioning not there yet - do we need him as a ruckman?), Stringer as an on-baller (doesn't yet know where to position himself), Hunter as an on-baller (strength, pace and second efforts not yet evident).
Some positives (already covered in earlier posts): Redpath plays like a genuine forward and must be persevered with, Hamling and Talia both showed enough to give hope we have found a CHB, Picken - if some of the more skillful players played with his endeavour and courage we would be a significantly better team.

Very early days and it's best not to make too many predictions but Bev has a huge job to develop this team. Hang on for a wild ride.
PS We have back to back AFL victories at Whitten Oval albeit nearly 18 years apart!
Very pessimistic not slightly.
We doubled their scoring shots

Back