2015 NAB Challenge - Bulldogs v Richmond, Western Oval, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol at the weak team excuse.

Best 22 or not, most of the players Richmond fielded had 5 years under Hardwick to get use to their gameplan and couldnt get over a bottom 4 team that have only had 1 preseason (compound that with the loss of Griffen, Cooney, Higgins).

If you dont think getting use to a gameplan matters and the strength of the best 22 is what matters then explain why AFL all star games look scrappy and unstructured.

This is not delving into stuff like our best player getting injured in the first 10 minutes. Worrying signs for richmond, for a side wanting to challenge the top 4, you'd want your depth to be up to scratch. Objectively speaking i think a finish 10-12 is about par for richmond based off today's performance.
Hahahahahahahahaha!

Oh yes, the team that had the all their rookies and first year players had the advantage of knowing the game plan better!

Ok mate. There's a gig on Saturday Night Live for you!

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Oh yes, the team that had the all their rookies and first year players had the advantage of knowing the game plan better!

Ok mate. There's a gig on Saturday Night Live for you!

lol at the tigers supporters clutching at straws, matter of the fact is, the richmond team as a whole had a much longer time to get use to hardwick's game plan.

And the most important question still hasnt been answered, your depth squad should still spank a bottom five team from the previous year (minus Griffen, Cooney, Higgins) by 40+. Previous top 4 challengers have done it (Hawks, Syd, Geelong, Freo, Port), why cant Richmond who is suppose to be challenging for top 4 do it?

lol at the tigers supporters clutching at straws, matter of the fact is, the richmond team as a whole had a much longer time to get use to hardwick's game plan.

And the most important question still hasnt been answered, your depth squad should still spank a bottom five team from the previous year (minus Griffen, Cooney, Higgins) by 40+. Previous top 4 challengers have done it (Hawks, Syd, Geelong, Freo, Port), why cant Richmond who is suppose to be challenging for top 4 do it?
Can someone please work out AFL games played to shut this moron up.

When half your team has never played a game together, it's hard to worry about game plans. Add that to the fact that not a single player had ever played on Whitten Oval, while the other side trains on it everyday.....

You obviously know very little about football. Give it up.

Tigers lost Bulldogs won.
Its pre season and teams use it for different reasons.
We used it to unearth some kids the dogs used it to gather some form into season proper. I dont see why people look at these results with any grain of salt.

IMO i would rather play kids and lose then play our best and lose someone to a season ending injury.

I feel for Libba. If hes season is over then he and the doggies are the real losers out of this. Hopefully its only a PCL and not an ACL.

Tigers lost Bulldogs won.
Its pre season and teams use it for different reasons.
We used it to unearth some kids the dogs used it to gather some form into season proper. I dont see why people look at these results with any grain of salt.

IMO i would rather play kids and lose then play our best and lose someone to a season ending injury.

I feel for Libba. If hes season is over then he and the doggies are the real losers out of this. Hopefully its only a PCL and not an ACL.
They are fearing for the worse and it seems it's season over for Libba im crying right now

Christ almighty, thank you to the very few posters who actually analysed the game.

Disappointed to hear Mckenzie was unsighted, but Master Bate hinted at a moment of Menadue brilliance, what was it?

Really looking forward to the *real* game against the Dogs this year, a moment of Gia guile cost us a home final last year, with disastrous consequences. Hardwick won't need to remind the players, and I'm expecting one Brandon Ellis to put in a very big one.

They are fearing for the worse and it seems it's season over for Libba im crying right now
Sometimes they just say that so when the worse does happen everyone involved is mentally prepared.
Hopefully its only a PCL and back for round 3.

I really enjoyed that game! Exciting times ahead for the Tigers IMO! :)

They say in the preseason no injuries is a win - so that's all I was hoping for today, we rested our key players and had a lucky day injury-wise, which is always good. If we get through the preseason unscathed I'll be happy, only two more meaningless games to get through. Statistically it happens to all teams though, so I'm hoping we have more luck than last year. The glimpses of talent from our depth was icing on the cake.

Should be a good game in Round 2 when it matters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre-season football.... Serious business...

Trying to find a positive... was it our elite goalkicking? nope. No injuries? * nope. Did we dominate and get into good form? nope.

On the bright side we had a few promising starting points for our first competitive hit out, and at least Beveridge has us taking the game on. Seemed to be a lot more run and handball rather than the old stop start netball stuff.

Fanfooty said Batchelor was on Redpath...

As noted by the amount of behinds we kicked, our mids tended to blaze at goal rather than hit up Redpath. He was still the best KPF on the ground, and is very inexperienced, so good signs that he was still able to take a couple of good grabs and crash packs.

Batchelor, all 188cm of him?

He's a flanker who can take on a smaller KPP at a pinch.

Trying to find a positive... was it our elite goalkicking? nope. No injuries? **** nope. Did we dominate and get into good form? nope.

On the bright side we had a few promising starting points for our first competitive hit out, and at least Beveridge has us taking the game on. Seemed to be a lot more run and handball rather than the old stop start netball stuff.

Few positives there. Backline was better, although against an undermanned opponent. Run from the back was good, F50 pressure was good. Ball usage was very sloppy. Kids were good (on the whole) - hopefully we are better for the run.

Christ almighty, thank you to the very few posters who actually analysed the game.

Disappointed to hear Mckenzie was unsighted, but Master Bate hinted at a moment of Menadue brilliance, what was it?

Really looking forward to the *real* game against the Dogs this year, a moment of Gia guile cost us a home final last year, with disastrous consequences. Hardwick won't need to remind the players, and I'm expecting one Brandon Ellis to put in a very big one.
McKenzie wasn't unsighted so much. He kicked a point from 20m directly in front, but also played a nice hand in getting the ball to McBean for a shot on goal late. He showed enough for a tall forward. Just don't expect him to be Jeremy Cameron this year.

Menadue's brilliance was a nice run that let to a point I think. But it was just the easy speed and movement that had me interested. He looks a natural running player.

McKenzie wasn't unsighted so much. He kicked a point from 20m directly in front, but also played a nice hand in getting the ball to McBean for a shot on goal late. He showed enough for a tall forward. Just don't expect him to be Jeremy Cameron this year.

Menadue's brilliance was a nice run that let to a point I think. But it was just the easy speed and movement that had me interested. He looks a natural running player.

McKenzie only came on in the 3rd qtr apparently, so before that, he was certainly unsighted (unless you looked at the bench). Stuffing up his first kick at goal was probably just nerves...Getting them out is one of the reasons you give these kids a run.

McKenzie only came on in the 3rd qtr apparently, so before that, he was certainly unsighted (unless you looked at the bench). Stuffing up his first kick at goal was probably just nerves...Getting them out is one of the reasons you give these kids a run.

Agreed. Fair few players either suffer from nerves or dusting off the cobwebs based on todays/this weekends games....

My 2c

Standouts for me:

Dogs
- Lin Jong looks ready to have a break out year and has exceptional athleticism.
- Redpath ran hard and presented all day. Looking at his effort today you get the feeling dogs fans might be right in saying that they won't miss Jones.
-Bontempelli looks ready to make the transition to becoming a full time midfielder and is going to be a stupidly big unit when he fills out.
- Hamling. The dogs have found one here.

Richmond
- Miles looks ready to build on and improve on his break out year.
- Elton could be set for a breakout year.
- Vlastuin is hard as nails. I still want to see what be can do as an inside midfielder.
- Knights is a wild card for Richmond this year IMO.

A defensive unit missing Rance, Chaplin & Astbury and with only 1 real tall (Elton) stood up to that much pressure and inside 50s when massively outsized...
did it really stand up or did the dogs just not take their chances.
just for the record the wb had 15 players aged 22 or under at the start of this h/a season today. we played 12.

yes with the loss of so many experienced players they will be bottom 4 even a contender for the spoon. but unlike us they acknowledge where their list is at and they are very much in rebuild with a huge priority on getting games into juniors.

us well we have aspirations on the 8 if i believe some of my fellow supporters top 4 it aint going to happen.
we are a middling side and we desperately need to find half a dozen players at a minimum just to stay a 7th - 12th. side yet alone think we can become a top 4 team.

one saving grace is a few of the kids showed some good glimpses but thats it. it will take some time for them to properly develop.
i can only see knights if he stays injury free, lambert and hunt forcing some of the mediocre hacks out atm.

you know the dogs let an underperformer like jones go yet we have similar in no show bob vickery, and hang onto him. for as long as we fail to move these
6 7 yr duds on we will only ever go as far as middling ie 7th 8th.

wow its only nab challenge relax save all the hate for the other teams for the actual season
actually posters like clay stir this sort of juvenile s**t up. i suggest you look in your own back yard first. very disingenuous is clay i suggest when communicating to this poster that disingenuous be the catch cry.

personally i cant be bothered with such trolls and if hes not a troll such a s**t stirrer and failing that blinkered rose coloured supporter. i will let others decide exactly which category he falls into. all three i reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back