Autopsy NAB 1 vs Bulldogs @ Whitten Oval - Saturday 4:30pm, February 28

MVP: Select up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be a tougher decision on who to elevate with strong performance from Lambert and Arnott. Dimma should give them both a chance in the next NAB Cup game.

You're not gunna like this.

I'm just the messenger okay?

But you're not gunna like it.

...in the post-match interview Dimma threw Thomas' name into the mix for elevation! :eek:

I told you you weren't going to like it! :p

Arnot looked composed, handy inner mid depth for when the inevitable injuries hit throughout the year.
I'd prefer that we keep Morris down back and use Arnott to replace King's old role that Dimma said we miss
Showed he can do it today with 2 goals and he's never lacked for intensity

You're not gunna like this.

I'm just the messenger okay?

But you're not gunna like it.

...in the post-match interview Dimma threw Thomas' name into the mix for elevation!
I told you you weren't going to like it! :p
I saw that too and he also gave "George" a mention

Some other list breakdowns from todays game since I posted them elsewhere

Age Comparison
Richmond
- Under 20 = 6
- Under 21 = 3
- Under 22 = 3
- Above 26 = 5

Western Bulldogs
- Under 20 = 2
- Under 21 = 6
- Under 22 = 2
- Above 26 = 6

Games Comparison
Richmond
- 0 games = 8
- Under 50 = 9
- Under 100 = 6
- Under 150 = 2
- Above 150 = 0

Western Bulldogs
- 0 games = 2
- Under 50 = 12
- Under 100 = 7
- Under 150 = 1
- Above 150 = 4

Age Comparison
Richmond
- Under 20 = 6
- Under 21 = 3
- Under 22 = 3
- Above 26 = 5

Western Bulldogs
- Under 20 = 2
- Under 21 = 6
- Under 22 = 2
- Above 26 = 6

Games Comparison
Richmond
- 0 games = 8
- Under 50 = 9
- Under 100 = 6
- Under 150 = 2
- Above 150 = 0

Western Bulldogs
- 0 games = 2
- Under 50 = 12
- Under 100 = 7
- Under 150 = 1
- Above 150 = 4

Cmon Mike its pretty clear from the other threads i've read that the dogs were just as young and inexperienced and its way more of a worry being a tigers fan going forward.

Stop making up facts or i'll be voting for tigs2010 to be moderator... I will need a shower after but even then i think my soul will never be clean.

Age Comparison
Richmond
- Under 20 = 6
- Under 21 = 3
- Under 22 = 3
- Above 26 = 5

Western Bulldogs
- Under 20 = 2
- Under 21 = 6
- Under 22 = 2
- Above 26 = 6

Games Comparison
Richmond
- 0 games = 8
- Under 50 = 9
- Under 100 = 6
- Under 150 = 2
- Above 150 = 0

Western Bulldogs
- 0 games = 2
- Under 50 = 12
- Under 100 = 7
- Under 150 = 1
- Above 150 = 4
But that young dogs list. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty happy with that really, some guys pleasantly surprised me.

• 2 Dylan Grimes- Played well, composed down back, obviously had to stand up as a leader today and did
  • 6 Shaun Grigg- Pretty quiet really, would want to do more if he wants to get a gig round 1
  • 11 Jake Batchelor- Fantastic today, reckon he gets first crack at the HBF role based off that
  • 13 Ricky Petterd- Typical workmanlike tough performance, best 22 for mine
  • 15 Chris Knights- How good was it seeing him out there, just a class above
  • 16 Shaun Hampson- Did a pretty good job on Minson in all honesty, wasn't super around the ground but smashed him at the bounces
  • 22 Nathan Gordon- One of the few that dissapointed me, was expecting him to be one of our best today
  • 26 Anthony Miles- Jet
  • 27 Sam Lloyd- Was ok, nothing that got me too excited
  • 28 Taylor Hunt- Thought he was excellent, very astute signing I think
  • 29 Ty Vickery- Oh Ty, still think he has the makings of a good player, just doesn't seem to care
  • 31 Nick Vlastuin- Courage personified, gotta love him
  • 34 Liam McBean- Struggled, was always going to be tough with no support
  • 35 Ben Lennon- Thought he was ok, certainly not as bad as some of the people in the game thread were making him out to be. Still needs a bit of development, but only his second year.
  • 36 Matt McDonough- Didn't notice him that much which dissapointed me
  • 37 Connor Menadue- Pretty quiet but showed a few nice flashes
  • 38 Steven Morris- Did ok at the small forward role, think we will see him play there this year
  • 39 Nathan Drummond- Held his own today, not a bad debut effort
  • 40 Dan Butler- Showed some real dash and potential, tick from me.
  • 42 Reece McKenzie- Ditto McBean, but showed a few nice things
  • 43 Todd Elton- The biggest surprise for me, was really good today, honestly had almost given up on him
  • 44 Matt Arnot- Very good game from bikkies, might have a future with us yet
  • 45 Jayden Short- Didn't notice him an awful lot, but first game no judgement here
  • 46 Jason Castagna- Started very well, good game first up, exceeded my expectations
  • 48 Kane Lambert- Showed why hes such a highly rated VFL player, based on today it will be interesting to see who gets upgraded out of him and Arnot
Lots and lots of positives, can't be too critical of most of the guys who weren't super as they were mostly kids, happy with that performance. No injuries to us is the other big plus.

Based on that my current best 22 would look a little like this

B: Newman, Astbury, Chaplin
HB: Houli, Rance, Batchelor
C: B.Ellis, Cotchin, Vlastuin
HF: Knights, Griffiths, Deledio
F: Edwards, Reiwoldt, Morris
R: Maric, Miles, Martin

I: Hunt, Conca, Petterd
S: Lambert

EMG: Grimes, Foley, Grigg

Beveridge said on the telecast all your players wanted to play because it was at the Whitten Oval.

Beveridge said " Yeah this is one of our strongest sides we can put out"

Hardwick said " yeah, it will be good to give our kids a run"

How anyone can suggest not having 13 starting 22 players out there means squat is laughable. A lot of those kids we had only had one or two pre seasons ffs. I am really happy with yesterdays game. It showed we have talent, and that is whats important

How anyone can suggest not having 13 starting 22 players out there means squat is laughable. A lot of those kids we had only had one or two pre seasons ffs. I am really happy with yesterdays game. It showed we have talent, and that is whats important
Flower sniffer

Just finished watching the game on delay; It was a bit early to wake up at 5 am to see live here in the UK but had recorded the game which was shown live on BT sports, ESPN channel. Dermie's prematch mention of Jason Castagna, more an excuse to mention his nickname "George" than to highlight one of our more fancied recruits.

Could say it was a win for both teams as I gave most of seconds a chance to compete against AFL players. It is quite valuable for the youngsters to see the intensity of the AFL level.

Positives;
Elton/Vlastuin/Knights/Bachelor/Grimes/Miles/Arnott/Lambert/Castagna/Short/Buttler/Hunt/Hammer (ruck work)

Was disappointed in the ball movement forward and the forwards holding the ball in. Lacked outside runners
Need to improve Vickery/ McBean / McEnzie/ Menudue /Lennon/ Lloyd / Drummond / McDonnaugh /Gordon

I was daft enough to get up for the 05:40, first bounce! Stupid is as stupid does I suppose.....:drunk:. Nothing a wee Granda nap, didn't sort out mid morning.

Good workout for the Cubs, really liked Vlaustin's attitude, club must be in great shape if we can have a few Captains in waiting, working along side Cotch. I include A Miles here as well.

Arnott, Elton, Batchelor, Knights, Lambert showed well, with some of the draftees showing little glimpses of what they can do.

I wont comment too much on those who didn't shine too brightly, but they need to take a look around them and get with the program, or they are offski/VFL fodder.

I also wish all the best to Libba.

Considering we only had 2-3 players who would be straight in our best 22, I thought we did pretty well. Also, Vlaus should be Captain from now on when Cotchin or Lids isn't playing. Absolute star.

Because they are * heads who love richmond being s**t.

One of my best mates is like that, but in annoying way that he doesn't want to talk them down to me so i finds round about ways of doing it. Get a msg from at the end of the game craping on about how the bullies have went past us. I replied with the list of 14-15 who weren't playing then replies with we've got no forward line and dimma is overrated so it doesn't matter who is out.

But he is a Dees fan who worships the ground Roo's walks on.

I think the Libba injury is something that just highlights the mentality of players needing to get the ball forward at all costs. He was right next to the boundary line, wrong footed and had Vickery bearing down on him, while a pack formed down the line. One simple decision to try and turn Vickery inside out and break the tackle to get another 5-10 meters to clear the pack and kick to space might have cost Libba this season.

He had two decisions:

The option he chose of trying to break the tackle.

or

Take the ball over the line and get a throw-in.

Unfortunately for Libba, he chose the one that significantly increases the risk of injury, and it was because it is something that is drilled into players from a young age. Keep the ball alive and get it forwards. Sometimes, that just isn't the right option. In situations like that, there is no shame in taking the ball over the line and forcing a boundary contest. I've seen quite a few players, including teammates of mine in under 16's dislocate knees, break ankles, tear acl's etc. doing what Libba tried to do because of this very same mentality, and most of them were near the boundary line. Sometimes I think that what we are taught as juniors isn't necessarily the right thing.

Because they are **** heads who love richmond being s**t.

One of my best mates is like that, but in annoying way that he doesn't want to talk them down to me so i finds round about ways of doing it. Get a msg from at the end of the game craping on about how the bullies have went past us. I replied with the list of 14-15 who weren't playing then replies with we've got no forward line and dimma is overrated so it doesn't matter who is out.

But he is a Dees fan who worships the ground Roo's walks on.

Next time you see him, grab his head and drown him in the toliet after you have taken a s**t.

Back