wian

Premiership Player
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NZ Breakers / New York Knicks
Seriously, this if F'n Bullshit now hearing about Hrovat also ! What a s**t end to what was supposed to be a great day :(

21cs7m1.jpg

looked pretty much like an acl when he went down, terrible news, were going to being even shittier this year than what we already were going to be.

A comment I seen earlier I agree with. Even if only from the outside, expectations on us have dropped a lot. While today showed our forward structure that we've lacked for the last 3 years looked 10x better, we now have issues in midfield as well as question marks still in defence.

Midfield is the funny one because the upside of our last few struggling years was our "young midfield". Now, it literally is just youngsters & inexperience. M Boyd has just gone from fringe 22 to "get him the * in there", for example. Dwelling on it won't help, let's just hope we can get a couple of players step up to the next level & hope like * Clay comes back into the team & gets a good run started

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Hopefully you have better luck with Liberatore than we did with Mackenzie. He's a promising young player hope he dodges an acl.
Appreciate the sentiment but Libba is far more than a 'promising young player' he has lead the league in clearances and tackles for two years running with a disposal efficiency comparable to Pendlebury. The game may have lost a season from one of the elite.

CoastersFlag No.5

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2007
Not in Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Appreciate the sentiment but Libba is far more than a 'promising young player' he has lead the league in clearances and tackles for two years running with a disposal efficiency comparable to Pendlebury. The game may have lost a season from one of the elite.
Yeah he's off to a great start him and Wallis have great synergy. Wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Was kinda looking forward to him and Bontempelli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So we have lost our two best mids from last year....two of the best in the league....and we were s**t last year.......REALLY??!!

A massive test for our youngsters, just got so much harder. F*ck I hate football sometimes. Libba gone - REALLY??!!

Just F*ck.

All the best to Libba and Hrovat in their recoveries. And to Clay Smith too....

F*ck.

Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Was a big downer in what otherwise was a great day out at the WO. I hope for a full and speedy recovery.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
If Libba is out we lose so much of everything from our midfield, clearances, contested ball, composure, tackling and leadership. There's now way way too much on Macrae and Bonts, we will get absolutely smashed in the centre in the real stuff. If Nick Riewodt can remain in good health, this probably spells a wooden spoon for us.

dogzrule

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2010
nfa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That's footy. But we wait and see, you never know it may not be as bad as first thought. That said, if he is out for any length of time, I think it would be prudent to elevate Brett Goodes to play the Libber role, he would be very good at it.

I wasnt overly happy we retained matthew boyd this year but it is just as well now

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey guys.

Hoping it's not an ACL but just remember if it is he's young and tough enough to get through it. It'll be okay!

Malceski did his ACL with us in a NAB game and ended up a premiership player. It's not all doom & gloom.

Back