2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to stop talking about injuries. Saturday funnies, that I found for the cricket world cup.

dekock_zps6xh3rp0j.jpg
Guess they don't believe in foreplay.

God bless the Port Power general AFL thread.

It's nice to know they care so much to dedicate so many posts to us.

I don't know why any other team are even trying this year, according to that page they have the premiership in the bag and we will gain the first pick in the draft as we are bound to finish bottom.

God bless them.

I would like to see the statistics of in what months the Acls predoninately occur. Is it the harder, drier post summer grounds?

I wonder if playing on non standard AFL grounds also makes a difference. Both Libba and McKenzie were played on such grounds.

Although the Bulldogs do train at Western Oval?

I don't know why any other team are even trying this year, according to that page they have the premiership in the bag and we will gain the first pick in the draft as we are bound to finish bottom.

God bless them.
#insecure
#obsession

It's unhealthy how much hatred some of them have. It's almost as if they live vicariously though their football club and do not have any other interests.

I think its safe to say, they hate us more than Kenya West hates Taylor Swift winning an award.

Just pointed out to them that the deal we have with Footy Park and SANFL is pretty similar with the one they have with the Port Adelaide Enfield council and Alberton.

Many there have been crying out about how the SANFL pays to upkeep our training oval at Football Park and will do so for 40 years. Yet the Port Adelaide Enfield Council owns Alberton Oval and pays to upkeep their oval. The big difference being that Football patrons fund our training grounds, and theirs are funded by Port Adelaide Enfield ratepayers.

Just pointed out to them that the deal we have with Footy Park and SANFL is pretty similar with the one they have with the Port Adelaide Enfield council and Alberton.

Many there have been crying out about how the SANFL pays to upkeep our training oval at Football Park and will do so for 40 years. Yet the Port Adelaide Enfield Council owns Alberton Oval and pays to upkeep their oval. The big difference being that Football patrons fund our training grounds, and theirs are funded by Port Adelaide Enfield ratepayers.

Don't bring logic and comment sense into the argument. That's not fair, they can then not use the argument we get AAMI for free. That's not fair to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's unhealthy how much hatred some of them have. It's almost as if they live vicariously though their football club and do not have any other interests.

I think its safe to say, they hate us more than Kenya West hates Taylor Swift winning an award.

As we all know. it comes from fear more than anything. Take a look at where our clubs sit after the split from the SANFL. We have got a new CEO (from outside the club and indeed the entire sport), sacked the coach who still had 2 years on his contract and now have brought in 2 brand/marketing people who have international sporting experience (again from outside the sport of Aussie Rules). Whereas Port still have largely the same off-field team that were put in place and endorsed by their SANFL masters.

Regardless of how good a job the club is doing right now, the fear that a swing will happen before they get their next premiership would weigh heavily on their minds. They can continue to deny it all they like but a form slump like last year which knocked them from a top 2 finish to 5th is still a very real nightmare.

They also trained on AAMI stadium every second week when matches were played there, had offices and storage sheds at AAMI free of rent (have to store the tarps somewhere) and still use AAMI to train even last year when it is closer in size to the interstate venue they will be playing on that weekend than the Alberton oval is.

The reality is port could have anything the crows had, if they wanted to train on SANFL owned land rent free the SANFL would have found somewhere for them, but they wanted Alberton. Despite their hate for the SANFL it would never reuse them anything that it had given to us, but it would refuse us things it had given to them because they were the ones who always cried that we were the favourites.

Geoffa…never ever ever let facts enter the minds of the delusional, I'm told their heads explode.

And round and round it goes...Adelaide board obsesses over Port board's obsession with Adelaide.
Obsessive? I haven't been to the Port board for a long long time, but if you want to see obsessive, drop in for some fun.

A few comments, usually retorts, on this board every now and then is hardly obsessive.

OK someone needs to go into their non port thread and count how many of their posts are about the crows, work out the %, then count how many of the posts in this thread are about port and work out the %. Return with the results so we can see who is more obsessed with who.

I gave up trying to talk logic with Port supporters years ago. Good luck with that.

This was just on one page. Would love a dollar for every time someone mentions us being mentioned on the port board.
If the Port board's Crows thread was to be put into a library, it would be filed in the "Fiction" section

#insecure
#obsession

#paranoid
#lunatics

Children's fiction, probably

If they were going to make a movie version of that thread, Nicholas Cage would be the lead actor.

Don't bring logic and comment sense into the argument. That's not fair, they can then not use the argument we get AAMI for free. That's not fair to them.

They are busy now hitting the report button and crying foul.

As we all know. it comes from fear more than anything. Take a look at where our clubs sit after the split from the SANFL. We have got a new CEO (from outside the club and indeed the entire sport), sacked the coach who still had 2 years on his contract and now have brought in 2 brand/marketing people who have international sporting experience (again from outside the sport of Aussie Rules). Whereas Port still have largely the same off-field team that were put in place and endorsed by their SANFL masters.

Regardless of how good a job the club is doing right now, the fear that a swing will happen before they get their next premiership would weigh heavily on their minds. They can continue to deny it all they like but a form slump like last year which knocked them from a top 2 finish to 5th is still a very real nightmare.

They also trained on AAMI stadium every second week when matches were played there, had offices and storage sheds at AAMI free of rent (have to store the tarps somewhere) and still use AAMI to train even last year when it is closer in size to the interstate venue they will be playing on that weekend than the Alberton oval is.

The reality is port could have anything the crows had, if they wanted to train on SANFL owned land rent free the SANFL would have found somewhere for them, but they wanted Alberton. Despite their hate for the SANFL it would never reuse them anything that it had given to us, but it would refuse us things it had given to them because they were the ones who always cried that we were the favourites.

#dramaqueen
#incest

Geoffa…never ever ever let facts enter the minds of the delusional, I'm told their heads explode.

Obsessive? I haven't been to the Port board for a long long time, but if you want to see obsessive, drop in for some fun.

A few comments, usually retorts, on this board every now and then is hardly obsessive.

OK someone needs to go into their non port thread and count how many of their posts are about the crows, work out the %, then count how many of the posts in this thread are about port and work out the %. Return with the results so we can see who is more obsessed with who.

God bless them.

I liked the post likening the power to the Spartans and us to Xerxes' big bad Persians. I found it quite ironic they liken themselves to Greeks. There is a nice symmetry there with a history of bail outs and a sense of thankless entitlement.

Almost as funny as the drama queen last year who likened the plight of the power to that of the jews haha. Comic genius that thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back