Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

This shits me:
Chairman Rob Chapman said while “there’s a lot of romance attached to our club being in the city … we’ve got all our facilities here, the SANFL pay to keep this facility for us and we’ve got it rent-free for 40 years”.

40 year rent free, provided/maintained by sanfl crying poor on stadium deals crows supporters that want to go on about our handouts etc.

I hope that the club has spoken to the SANFL about the equal footprint at AAMI that we were and still are entitled to after the Crows built their s**t there. Could be a nice little money spinner.

40 year rent free, provided/maintained by sanfl crying poor on stadium deals crows supporters that want to go on about our handouts etc.
I think it's funny. Their whole existence is based on a handout. The fact they are 'independent' but still get mummy and daddy pay their rent and clean up their mess is amusing.

They stand for nothing, Walsh can spin slogans all he wants but he knows what the crows are. Most of us here have heard Walsh's opinion of the company he coaches - of course this was before they shoved a million dollar ayear paycheck in front of his snout!

So why aren't the SANFL paying all of the SANFL clubs to 'maintain their bases' at their respective ovals and letting them live rent free?

The lack of outrage from SANFL ceos/boards towards the crows is very odd. They seem to funnel it all at lolpoortper est. 2002, why? It makes no sense.

I wouldn't mind 40 years rent free.
we pay a pepper corn rent to the council but no idea how much we pay for maintenance to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can vaguely remember going to an information nite back just before we moved into the AFL (sometime in 1996) where it was stated the Port Adelaide council sold the land to us for a token value...

As such, I been under the impression we owned the land at Alberton...

I can vaguely remember going to an information nite back just before we moved into the AFL (sometime in 1996) where it was stated the Port Adelaide council sold the land to us for a token value...

O rly #scratcheschin

we dont own the land as when we used to release decent accounts there was no land asset in the accounts.

But then again in the borrowing notes it has said that loan facilities are secured against the Group's freehold land and buildings. In 2010 we did have an asset called - Land and building classified as held for sale - so it could be that.

Im skeptical that we own the land because the council still has a big involvement at Alberton and the club. Anyone here work at the Land Titles Office??

I recall reading something years back about peppercorn rent and restrictions regarding what we can and cannot do as we don't actually own the land.

But then again in the borrowing notes it has said that loan facilities are secured against the Group's freehold land and buildings. In 2010 we did have an asset called - Land and building classified as held for sale - so it could be that.

Im skeptical that we own the land because the council still has a big involvement at Alberton and the club. Anyone here work at the Land Titles Office??

You guys don't own Alberton oval and the Port Adelaide Enfield Council maintain it. Back when the PAMFC was in existence I recall going to an AGM where the club discussed the issue of lights and difficulty in the council providing adequate lighting.

Also this article suggests ownership and control of the oval by the council.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...d-council-budget/story-fnii5yv4-1226898265085

Not really much different to our set up with the Crows and SANFL. Instead of football patrons funding the upkeep of Footy Park for the Crows, it is rate payers funding upkeep of Alberton Oval.

Not really much different to our set up with the Crows and SANFL. Instead of football patrons funding the upkeep of Footy Park for the Crows, it is rate payers funding upkeep of Alberton Oval.

It's completely different. PAFC has contributed, more than any other organization, to the self-esteem and psyche of the local community in which it is based.
What has AFC done other than rape and pillage the clubs from which is supposedly founded? Where is the increase in self-esteem to football patrons who have never supported the Crows and never will?

That's why you were never a Port Adelaide supporter, and nor is anyone who at any stage rejected the desire of the PAFC to strive for something better for itself and the community it represented locally, as well as those who identified with its ideals. You never got what it meant to be one, and I don't think you ever will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back