No Oppo Supporters THE TAN XVI - [INSERT RICHMOND POSTER] IS TRAINING DOWN THE HOUSE!!! [TIGERS ONLY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh with all the vitriol directed at him on here I'll probably be laughed at but I actually think he's ok as a second ruck.
Yeah he's fine. It's more the price we paid for him. If we got him for a 4th round pick or as a delisted FA I don't think he'd cop so much s**t.

After many beers and discussions at the pub we got on a convo about whether to abolish the NAB cup and just lengthen the season for the 500th time, was actually wondering what you guys and girls think? I myself would like to see an end to a pointless competition where players risk injury for no premiership points and the whole thing is honestly a wank job.
EDIT: Am pissed as f@rk making this post so please forgive me if i missed some finer points, read between the lines post nazis :D

After many beers and discussions at the pub we got on a convo about whether to abolish the NAB cup and just lengthen the season for the 500th time, was actually wondering what you guys and girls think? I myself would like to see an end to a pointless competition where players risk injury for no premiership points and the whole thing is honestly a wank job.
EDIT: Am pissed as f@rk making this post so please forgive me if i missed some finer points, read between the lines post nazis :D

get rid of it. Hawks playing two down just showed how little clubs care about it

I myself would like to see an end to a pointless competition where players risk injury for no premiership points and the whole thing is honestly a wank job.
What about Petracca doing his knee? Should we get rid of pre-season training too? Those players could've just as easily done their knees in round 1 or first week of pre season. You can't have 23 blokes going full on in round 1 after no practice matches

What about Petracca doing his knee? Should we get rid of pre-season training too? Those players could've just as easily done their knees in round 1 or first week of pre season. You can't have 23 blokes going full on in round 1 after no practice matches

Yeah I agree. Its just terrible luck but you need practice matches. Maybe its a bit glorified with the NAB cup format but every sport does it.

The practice matches not only allow players to blow out the cobwebs but allow fringe players to try and earn a spot. Prac matches are a necessary evil. Imagine round 1 with players that havent had a full intensity hit out....UGLYYYY

Let's get rid of it and have....interclub practice matches. And have them televised.

ie. no change.

no, there is a massive difference

we had webcast praccy games in the past, and there was no pregame media attention, no betting on the results, no bullshit that "this club will make finals" or "this club wont".

players also go in harder IMO when on this national stage than they do a WGAF praccy game

The only point of the NAB Challenge is to get money from NAB, and sell content to Foxtel

lose the preseason games and just have unofficial praccys that are not broadcast on mainstream media

I'd rather not go into round 1 without any match conditioning, risk injury and miss actual games.

Given we historically aimed to only get 1-1.5 games into our 1st 22 out ofthe 3 games, how much conditioning were they getting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just stupid.

Agree. Libba did what nearly every player would do multiple times a game, unfortunately, this time, he did his ACL. Had NOTHING to do with Vickery.

They need to vent and Vickery makes an easy target.

Agree. Libba did what nearly every player would do multiple times a game, unfortunately, this time, he did his ACL. Had NOTHING to do with Vickery.

Exactly. Innocuous incident too, sometimes the ACL just goes.

Vickery should be accustomed to the angst and venting of supporters , he isn't spared any here and rightfully so .
On a side note, we all suggested Big utensils had a glass jaw when Vickery whacked him last year. Yet Vickery dropped as if shot when touched yesterday .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back