Game Day North Melbourne vs Adelaide - NAB Cup 1 (STREAMS CAN COME TRUE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody knew it - promise a lot over the pre-season and f**k it up when it's showtime. Fire up for a better second half FFS.
If you're serious, you're a moron.

If you're "trolling", you're a moron. Please * off.

Majak 7 touches 5 marks 10 HO.

His decision making looks to have really improved and his positioning.

Only thing I care about during pre-season games is skill level, teams can lift the intensity pretty quickly but when the skill level is poor that can take some time to overcome. I felt our skill level was okay, our intensity is just not there which is understandable for a first practice match.

I like the way the Crows are putting pressure through the middle and they have a number of X-factor types who are appreciating the extra space to operate in. But, this is a team that got their coach sacked last year, expect them to be hungrier than us to show something.

Getting in all the right spots and cutting off attacks like it's his bread and butter.

Very strong set of hands.

I wasn't expecting much from him given he has missed a lot of the pre-season as well. He has been playing well so far.

Looks like it's IschenkoUBeauty I'll be adding to the ignore list in season 2015 :thumbsu:

yep i only take these as glorified practice matches where fine tuning is in progress it would be good to win but watching the likes of waite higgins and turner, actually forgot about majak has been good, we have huge problems if we are gonna rely on mcmahon and currie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotty is still to slow even with the lost weight. Was a good player but not AFL standard anymore.

Not worried about the score at all. Worried how we stop Betts in a months time though.
Play Atley on him, not a recovering weight watchers member.

First half thoughts:

- Wells is absolutely flying. Not treating it like a practice game and I love it.
- Waite is already showing to be a good target up forward.
- I think our backline has been ordinary.
- Boomer has been practically unsighted.
- Higgins is willing to get involved with most contests and I like that.
- Majak hasn't looked lost. Not getting a lot of the footy, but isn't a liability.

Add Turner to that, looks like he'll be playing all season.

Must also take into account the coaches said they would intentionally be playing players out of position and in roles they've not played as much in the past to experiment with depth.

Atley has been sighted numerous times in the forward pockets but not in the back so much.

Turner tagging Sloane.

Tazz in Defense.

etc etc.

From what I can see Adelaide is lining up pretty traditionally and things will gel a lot easier for them.

Must also take into account the coaches said they would intentionally be playing players out of position and in roles they've not played as much in the past to experiment with depth.

Atley has been sighted numerous times in the forward pockets but not in the back so much.

Turner tagging Sloane.

Tazz in Defense.

etc etc.

From what I can see Adelaide is lining up pretty traditionally and things will gel a lot easier for them.
Plus they have pulled a few goals completely from their backside as is Betts tradition.

Yep, Daw has been a huge plus. Make or break for him this year and he's been good so far. Five marks and doing well in the ruck. Keep it up!

Turner tagging Sloane.

Tazz in Defense.

etc etc.

This. At one stage we had a midfield of Daw, Thomas, Boomer and Dumont. I think that's as good an example as any that we're not taking this too seriously.

Why is everyone so revved up?
I don't care for the result at all.

Just wanna see individual performances and no injuries.
Plus I am sure they're testing out there game plans/defensive structures as well. Yes we are playing sh*thouse, but players like higgins, wells etc has shown great glimpses.

this is just "game time" for the players, especially considering most of kangas has been through surgery/injuries. Settleeeee

True colours of some "supporters" coming out already and it's kind of making me wince. As a few wise heads have noted here it's a round 1 NAB practice match with a large number of new recruits, players coming back from post season surgery, most likely implementing new game plans, players being tested in unfamiliar positions. Who the **** cares what the result is as long as we can see our team making positive steps forward and really, most critically no injuries sustained. From what I've seen, yeah there have been some frustrating periods to the first half, but actually a lot of positives. Honestly from what I've seen with the players still to come back for us I can guarantee we're better side from these pretenders. I've loved a lot of what I've seen so far from Waite, Wells, Higgins, Turner, Jacobs, Daw, Dumont, Dal Santo, Cunnington, Ziebell and whole host more. It's been our inability to stop a few players, namely Betts that is causing us issues here. Definitely some food for thought for Scotty come round 1 of the regular season. For all those wanting to lay the boots into our team or our coach after 50 minutes of football please go away and stop embarrassing us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back