Game Day NAB Round 1 Crows v Kangaroos, 1 March @ 4.10

Remove this Banner Ad

With all the love on here after one half of footy....I guess we better get ready for September!
Mmmmmm Yer, not if we remain as sloppy as this. A couple of kicks straight into the man on the mark in the back lines and kick out from a point crossing the line with nobody touching it - all putrid. There simply is no excuse for kicking into the man on the mark. Should have cost us two goals and in a H&A match that kind of slackness costs games. Only NAB, but need to squash that s**t.

Not really, with the quality of football Sanderson was dishing up we were fast tracking for bottom four.

I'd expect us to be around the 6-10 mark this year while we adjust to the style of football Phil is working towards. Next year I'd have finals as a non-negotiable.

Half to agree with that. 6th would be huuuuge from where we were last year.

Charlie and Eddie look completely in synch. Love it.
They remind me of the Goofy Gophers in that they could both be standing in an empty goal square and they pass the ball back and forth between each other

"You kick the goal, Eddie"
"No, I insist you do, Charlie"
"Oh no, I couldn't possibly do that"
"Oh, but it would bring me so much joy to see you do so"

Both very unselfish players.

In general terms I liked the pressure around the stoppages, we seemed very switched on in both our individual defensive action and also collectively ensuring there were good numbers around the contest.

Can't recall too many occasions where they skipped away cleanly from a stoppage.

This greatly assisted our defence.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/fiveaa-player + http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-03-01/watch-live-stream

Just hit the pause button the radio a few times and you should be able to line it up pretty closely.
The trouble is the other way around.

I'm streaming the audio through VLC, and can set a delay manually to whatever I need, but that only works when the audio is before the video, as it is when the game is on TV. The video is currently a minute or so behind the audio.

If B Crouch is going to take that step to elite he really needs to add kicking the football to his game
Totally agree, each time he gets ball at a stoppage there is no danger of him bursting with it and kicking it , he needs to use his power out of stoppages and show intent to kick it !!

Tom Lynch needs to be abit smarter me thinks.

I think it's instinctive and not a concious decision. Sometimes it works and he's able to break a tackle or draw a free kick but it also leaves him open to those sorts of injuries. Hopefully it's nothing serious because he can be a valuable player when in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully they trial CEY in some kind of tall utility role in the SANFL. The Sando option would be to have him rack up stats in the midfield. Will never make it as an AFL player in that role.

Mmmmmm Yer, not if we remain as sloppy as this. A couple of kicks straight into the man on the mark in the back lines and kick out from a point crossing the line with nobody touching it - all putrid. There simply is no excuse for kicking into the man on the mark. Should have cost us two goals and in a H&A match that kind of slackness costs games. Only NAB, but need to squash that s**t.

Got to admit....the kicks into the opposition are quite shocking. Movement going forward is infinitely better than last year, and that's with a handful of A Graders out. Bit of class back, and some game time, should eradicate some of the sloppy stuff before the big time stuff comes.

Grateful for the stream but it's five minutes behind the radio, so can't use the radio commentary, and the commentary from the stream is ahead of the vision. Meh

Quote of the day..."Ramsey loses sight of the ball". :D
Use 5AA's online radio and just pause it for 20 secs or so till it matches up with the stream.

Although then you'll notice just how wrong most of their commentary is!

most other trial games have been scratchy with horrible skills ......this game is not too bad considering no lead up interclub trials :thumbsu:

1.Like Reilly Obrien .....he's showing something

2. REALLY like Josh Jenkins ....finally some muscle definition in his arms .....finally some aggression with his bodywork

Remove this Banner Ad

Back