news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And he's got a good chin on him too. One of my favourite fighters to watch at the moment.
He's definitely flown under the radar (injuries haven't help of course). I enjoy fighters like him that just go with the flow. Too many lose their individualism by being over coached. Fighters like him and Cruz just do whatever the * they want.

I'd love to see him shoot up the division further.

Safe to say Zingano had a brain fade at the start and lost it from there. I doubt that was her gameplan....If it was, Fire your coach!
I just don't understand it. She's waited so long to get her shot, then that...

Bit of bloody composure. Running full tilt at a judo champion...that's up there

Ferguson is a bloody good fighter.

Has a solid weight loss program too ;)

Seriously though, he's now won The Ultimate Fighter, pretty quietly gone 8-1 in the UFC so far (only loss was a decision), and is now on a five-fight win streak.

Last edited:
Can't help but think that the Holly Holm fight was a huge anticlimax. She was hyped up for so long, it's not like it was an exciting, on edge split decision either.

Safe to say Zingano had a brain fade at the start and lost it from there. I doubt that was her gameplan....If it was, Fire your coach!

My first thought .... surely no coach would ever use that rubbish as a tactic.

I reckon she got a rush of adrenaline.... her post fight interview with Rogan backs that up :p

I reckon she got a rush of adrenaline.... her post fight interview with Rogan backs that up :p

Shows how desperate girls are getting against Ronda, if that's how they're trying to beat her well they're out of ideas.

And Ronda has to be best P4P by a mile surely, it's not like you see Jones beating Gus and Cormier in 20 seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the follow up comments are brilliant:

-And conor smited her for the disrespect as soon as the fight started
-She did more damage to Conor than to Ronda.
-Hat is damn lucky he didn't counter it after slipping it.
conor_m.gif

-GOAT confirmed, man can't even be touched by projectiles (possible super saiyan)
-Cat landed more hits on McGregor than she did on Ronda...

Can't help but think that the Holly Holm fight was a huge anticlimax. She was hyped up for so long, it's not like it was an exciting, on edge split decision either.

I was impressed, but had my expectations in check prior to the fight. What she showed was superb speed in both strikes and movement, decent take down defense and some excellent footwork. She's far from the finished product (and at 33 she doesn't have a huge amount of time on her hands), but showed she could match it with a top 15 fighter at this early point in her MMA career.

Shattered for Cat in the main event, but like most have said that was pretty dumb trying to bum rush Ronda like that. I would like to see her fight Ronda again as she has tools to give her a fight, but she'll have to earn her way back to the title after being subbed that quickly.

Koscheck looked old against Ellenberger. I thought the time off may do him some good, but he looked worse than ever. Jake didn't look great either... the Ellenberger of old would have ended that violently in the first round IMO, so to see him look hesitant when having such an advantage on the feet was frustrating.

Walsh looked good against Jouban before that elbow. I though it was going to be a bit of a squash match, but Rich handled himself OK. He'll likely be fighting for his UFC career next fight, so hopefully he doesn't get matched too hard.

Ferguson finished Tibau impressively, but still has a way to go before being considered elite. His 8-1 record in the UFC looks great, but Tibau is really his only tough fight other than Johnson who completely shut him down. He didn't look great against Castillo and had to weather a bit of a beating before getting the better of Trujillo. His BJJ is good and he's got power and creativity in his hands, but he's a bit all over the place on the feet and I think the top level guys will badly outstrike him. I'd like to see him matched against Barboza next which would show how he goes against a top level striker with decent take down defense.

Munoz looked cooked on the undercard. He didn't look like he was willing to let his hands go at all and got caught in a bad spot by a vastly inferior wrestler and a natural welterweight to boot. Means looked fantastic against Lima who's chin looks like it will let him down at this level. Disappointed by the ending in the Yamamoto/Salazar fight, but it didn't look like it was going to hit much of a high and the Potts/Lewis fight was as brutal as expected. Doubt we'll be seeing Potts back any time soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back