What are you listening to right now? - Part 1 (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't generally quote my own post but just had to on this occasion.

First, knew I'd get a like from you Zakk Wylde . You and me gotta have a beer when I get down to Adelaide in a few weeks time.

So anyway, let me just say this show. It was f*cked.

F*cked it ever had to end.

I literally can not speak. On this board I have to sheepishly admit, I've never roared and screamed that much in my life. Nup, not even at a Port game.

The only gig I've ever been to that just... just pips last nights.... Iron Maiden's Powerslave @ Thebby.

Had this half centenarian, in the pit, about 1 metre from the barrier, goin' OFF!! (I always let anyone shorter immediately around me stand in front, it's metal code, you've got to belong to it). ;)

They played up until the obligatory early end/encore, came back on, played till the also planned second encore. Came back on for a third time, played the last three songs on the set (I'll post a photo of the set list later a friend of mine scored) then played another three I think but honestly it's a bit of a blur. Twenty songs in all I think it was.

Ended with a blistering version of Painkiller. Melt the paint off the walls s**t. Also played a couple other faves of mine including Hell Bent For Leather and Beyond The Realms Of Death.

Rob Halford has lost nothing. Nothing. ******* epic. My ears will be ringing for days. My throat is killing me (note to self: get the vocal chords fit before attempting to scream along with Halford).

Breaking The Law, Livin' After Midnight and Electric Eye all had the crowd participation at eleven and even Turbo Lover, far from my favourite Priest song seemed to be pretty popular too, especially amongst the females around me.

Typically for bands like Priest and Maiden that have been smashing it out since the '70's the crowd ranged from a few under 18's to people who would have to have been near 60. Bit of a smattering of grey hair around the place.

To say it was an awesome show would still be an understatement.

Amazing that you got a set like that.... Was shattered Painkiller and Judas Rising weren't in the Soundwave set list.

How good is Richie Faulkner... So refreshing to see the next generation guitarist come through with influences from Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde.

Amazing that you got a set like that.... Was shattered Painkiller and Judas Rising weren't in the Soundwave set list.

How good is Richie Faulkner... So refreshing to see the next generation guitarist come through with influences from Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde.
Slick. But what stood out to me was how clear it was that he was having a ball. Rob mentioned before they played Painkiller that they'd just rehearsed it at sound check. Probably why you guys didn't get it. You'd think they'd been playing it for years. Well most of them had and even I can play the riff but the solos...
No Judas Rising. It was four I think off Redeemer, they opened with Argonaut several classics and a few off Defenders as it's the 30th Anniversary this year.
I wanna go see 'em again next weekend. s**t I'd see 'em every weekend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back