Game Day NAB Round 1 Crows v Kangaroos, 1 March @ 4.10

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway to watch a replay of this game that the AFL decided to put on at the same time as another during a day there were only 2 games scheduled? It would be very handy! Their AFL app doesn't have it unfortunately.

Given the severe criticism of him last year in the SANFL (which I never watched) I was expecting a lot worse.
Pleasantly surprised. not fantastic but serviceable.
He's a big lad, remember Hartigan was more mature age selection. I think they give him more time.

O'Brien's ruck work is OK just don't give him the ball.
CEY on track for last season as a crow
Lynch head hit again! WTF!
Wigg looked really nervous, he may settle down, yet to be seen.
Siggins...meh, looked out of his depth more exposure may cure this.
Delivery still not fantastic, but for a first shot in anger probably will improve.

on the upside
Ramsey looks really good as does Kelly. both should get game time if this game is anything to go on.
Liked the defensive spread in 1-3 qtr, covered the runners well and roo's struggle to open us up.
Charlie "Jetts", man I can't wait until he hits full flight and stops teasing. X-Factor, you just get excited seeing him around the ball.
Lyons and Grigg on track for 20 odd games and Crouchy (apart from a few wayward disposals) will push into the elite status this season.

BUT! the important thing is........

FOOTY'S BACK!!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH!

Anyway to watch a replay of this game that the AFL decided to put on at the same time as another during a day there were only 2 games scheduled? It would be very handy! Their AFL app doesn't have it unfortunately.
i'd imagine it will be avail in 12 hrs on replay

Sorry to intrude but whats the deal with Henderson? Heard he was subbed today but at what stage of the game was it and what role was he playing? Is he likely to play rd 1 and play consistently

I didn't see any desperate moves or tactics to suggest Walsh would be too perturbed. He will have to say it's not good enough of course, but I don't think he's going to go home and smash a vase.

Never meant he was going to have a dummy spit but in reality no coach in any type of game would be satisfied with how the last quarter went, its just something the players will improve on but as I said for our first game of the year it was a darn good effort today.

Sorry to intrude but whats the deal with Henderson? Heard he was subbed today but at what stage of the game was it and what role was he playing? Is he likely to play rd 1 and play consistently
Subbed at 3qtr time I think. Half back flank / sweeper role. Intercept marks and run for defense. Will know more as NAB goes on to say whether he plays r1

So how was our ruck setup without Sauce today ?? Good to see so many promising reports on Ramsey and Lyons, also Eddie in the guts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Brien did really well for a first year rookie. Both he and Jenkins got toweled up by Daw though.

Actually I thought Jenkins has improved his ruck work around the ground. He was stopping Daw jumping in those instances. Jenkins was actually using his body strength pretty well. Daw might have got clean hits at the ball, but we overall were winning the clearances and reading his ruck work. There was some nice follow up work during centre clearances from Jenkins too.

O'Brien was a little raw at times, but there is a lot of promise there and he is very willing to tackle and follow up, a bit Jacobs like in that respect as I think he will develop into another 'tall mid'.

Ramsey was the most impressive for me, can see him being that 2nd or 3rd forward in years to come. Liked what i saw from Siggins and not sure why there is so much Martin hate?

I think the Martin hate comes from that Radar isn't playing to be the normal whipping boy.

I completely mistook Ramsey for Walker a couple of times!

WTF ......Johncocks thinner now than when he played !!!!
Yeah that was my first reaction as well! Great to see Stiffy around the club rooms again!

In terms of the game today, there is not a great deal to take out in terms of players' future when a few of them got thrown around the park a bit. I did like a few signs from some of the players.

I thought Ramsey was good and might be the pick of the rookies. Got him confused with Walker a couple of times on a feed with questionable quality.

O'Brien showed a bit. He is years away from being AFL ready but some encouraging signs from the big man. Some nice ruckwork, a couple of good marks and a couple of shocking kicks.

Charlie Cameron creates so much havoc with his closing speed. He makes defender panic.

Betts was a superstar. Good to see VB back and he got better as e game went on. Very fumbly early.

Like you, I liked what I saw from Jenkins. In for a big year. His ruckwork is not great and it will never be but his attack on the footy and the man was improved compared to last year.

Backline still worries me a bit but I think as the games get more serious, players like Talia will take it more seriously.

In terms of team play, it's a lot more encouraging than last year. We defended a lot better as a team than we did last year. We also showed a better ball movement at times. The tackling appears to be better as well. I think the youngsters through the midfield did really well today.

Overall, a few positives to take out of the game. Not much to take out of it as Walsh clearly experiemented and played some players all over the field. I think we will learn a bit more out of the next couple of games than this one.

Good to have footy back though!

Last edited:
Same! Twins from a distance.
I had trouble distinguishing a lot of players.

I'm looking forward to rewatching it once it's been uploaded, cause based on the few highlights it appears the quality will be much clearer than what I was streaming at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back