Review Good, Bad and Ugly vs NM (Preseason Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Kerridge resting at full forward going to be a regular occurrence this year? He did it a bit today and took a good mark for his first goal.

You need to keep a few aces up your sleeve prior to round 1.

Surely "in the field of play" is the crucial part. Since when is a goal umpire in the field of play?
To hit the goal umpire, surely the ball has crossed the line, so it must be a goal?

It should be a common sense rule that if the ball hits the umpire and he is behind the line then it's a goal. You would hate for a grand final to be lost by the ball hitting the umpire when a player was running into an open goal.

GOOD
  • the win
  • ball movement in the middle
  • Ramsey, Betts, Jetts, VB's purple patch in the 3rd, Hartigan
BAD
  • the last qtr
  • so many incorrect disposals not paid
Ugly
  • CEY - we sure do draft some indigenous spuds. jacky, petrenko now CEY.. Thank god for Cameron
  • Thomas just the most punchable player in the leauge

Not much seen in terms of gameplan. But a good first hitout.

I think people are a bit harsh about the last qtr. No point in the margin and some young guys got some game time.
This is a loser mentality. We couldn't stop them and almost gave up a 50 point lead. When trying to start a fresh, putting in similar efforts as last year are unacceptable.

I don't know if this was an optical illusion due to the lack of stands, but the goal posts looked absolutely massive at Port Lincoln. Bigger than the ones at Adelaide Oval?

View attachment 113013
Yeah I agree. I can remember watching a player kick for goal but the camera didn't scan high enough and it was difficult to tell if the ball had passed over the goals or a point.

This is a loser mentality. We couldn't stop them and almost gave up a 50 point lead. When trying to start a fresh, putting in similar efforts as last year are unacceptable.

more than once it becomes a trend... i reckon the round 1 clash was a big carrot for putting the cue in the rack... sit back and watch their patterns...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thaughts on Wright folks? Of the smaller brigade I didn't notice him as much and saw the holding up of the play first up which is a pet peeve of mine. I'm hoping someone can provide some positives as I'm not set on him.

He was out there ?

If Walsh finds excuses for our performance in the last quarter then I will be disappointed because it was no where near elite standards....I mean no where near. Losing the quarter is one thing but losing it like we did was disappointing.

Last edited:
more than once it becomes a trend... i reckon the round 1 clash was a big carrot for putting the cue in the rack... sit back and watch their patterns...
Also to see how the lesser lights compete and try to arrest the momentum which clearly was with North. Don't expect it round 1!

Good: Lyons, Crouch, Eddie, VB. Obrien got spanked in the ruck, but he shows some promise.

Bad: Griggs foot skills. Lynch still ducking his head for frees after he's lucky to be still walking.

Ugly: that last quarter looked very familiar.

Hopefully it was a one off, I just don't like excusing efforts like that, first game or not. Had we kicked on the club would have gained a lot from it, as it stands the last thing remembered is getting smashed in the last.

I don't know if this was an optical illusion due to the lack of stands, but the goal posts looked absolutely massive at Port Lincoln. Bigger than the ones at Adelaide Oval?

View attachment 113013

They are huge compared to the old ones, which are now the point posts. They were put in for this game to the AFLs specification, I think thats 15 metres with 10 metre point posts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back