News 2015 Fitzroy Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
2015 Membership is now available from the Fitzroy Football Club.

Download a membership form from the Fitzroy Football Club website at fitzroyfc.com.au

Become a member for 2015 and help Fitzroy on its journey to once again become one of the top football clubs in Victorian football.

There are four membership levels in 2015.
  • Ordinary membership - $40.00
  • Concessional - $30.00 (for holders of aged / widows and unemployment benefits and students under 18)
  • Family Membership - $55.00 (husband and wife and children under 15)
  • Gold Lion membership - $170.00 (essentially a donor membership. Members receive a Gold Lions Lapel Badge with the 2015 year clip. Members also receive a Club Medallion and Fitzroy cap)
Go the mighty Roys!

Would Fitzroy have one of the largest non-AFL membership bases in Australia, or am I way off?

We certainly have the largest membership base for any VAFA club and possibly of any amateur football club in Australia and probably larger than a few VFL clubs. Unfortunately without the glamour and media coverage afforded to an AFL club, much of the membership base prefer to direct their energies elsewhere. If they all got on board, we'd make substantial inroads into reaching our overall aim - that is to become once again one of the top football clubs in Victoria. (outside of the AFL)

A good time to remind people to sign up to be a Fitzroy Football Club member in 2015.

http://www.fitzroyfc.com.au/2015FitzroyFCMembershipForm.pdf

I got my Gold Lion membership package just the other day. It was interesting in the annual report that the Club actually lost a small amount of money again this year, a loss of around $6k on a turnover of close to $160k. That follows on from a loss of $9k last year, with total accumulated equity now down to $37k.

Obviously it costs more to play in the higher grades in the VAFA, so the Club needs all the support it can get. If it could get more of the latent Fitzroy supporter base behind it, it would be laughing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back