The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we need more WA-centric public holidays.

There's a bit of a lull between Foundation Day and Queen's Birthday.

15th July, Emperor Barnett Day to commemorate the birth of our supreme leader.

I like it, we could celebrate by throwing hipsters to the lions in the Colinsseum once it's open!

I think we need more WA-centric public holidays.

There's a bit of a lull between Foundation Day and Queen's Birthday.

15th July, Emperor Barnett Day to commemorate the birth of our supreme leader.
That's the problem with the march long weekend. It's a WA only holiday that isn't connected to an event but it creates an imbalance in the spread of holidays

We have New Year's Day, Australia Day, labour day, the two Easters, Anzac Day and foundation day all in the 1st half of the year

Then only queens birthday in late September until we get to Christmas. Instead of March the holiday should be around July / august

Move this public holiday or piss the queens birthday public holiday off completely and book the first tuesday in November for a public holiday.

Move this public holiday or piss the queens birthday public holiday off completely and book the first tuesday in November for a public holiday.

I'd rather not have a f***ing horse race be the reason for a public holiday.

We can still move Labour Day to July/August as KS suggested and I doubt there'd be many objections to it. We're never going to have it on May 1st anyway like much of the rest of the world.

I'd rather not have a f***ing horse race be the reason for a public holiday.

We can still move Labour Day to July/August as KS suggested and I doubt there'd be many objections to it. We're never going to have it on May 1st anyway like much of the rest of the world.
Apart from Foundation Day and ANZAC day whats so great about the reasons we have our public holidays anyway. Queens Bday isnt important and its not even her bday. The cup is just as good a reason and if you dont like the event, its November, weather is great, hit the beach, take the Monday off and have 4 day weekend.

Apart from Foundation Day and ANZAC day whats so great about the reasons we have our public holidays anyway. Queens Bday isnt important and its not even her bday. The cup is just as good a reason and if you dont like the event, its November, weather is great, hit the beach, take the Monday off and have 4 day weekend.

We are a constitutional monarchy and therefore Queen's Birthday is important in that respect. The premise of a Melbourne Cup holiday would still be that the day off is for a f***ing horse race - which isn't even in the same State.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2010 was quite some time ago.

So when is Swan Draught going to come to terms with West Coast's wooden spoon?

I swear the

Q: Which three AFL clubs have never won the Wooden Spoon?
A: Adelaide, Port Adelaide and West Coast

and

Q: What is the West Coast Eagles worst ever season finish?
A: 15

Come up all the time
Geelong says hi :)

My Mum's cousin was killed cycling along the footpath after colliding with a car reversing out of its driveway. It's called a footpath for a reason, and it's actually illegal for bicycles to be there, so bikes must go on the road in many cases.

The attitude that is wrong is that of angry arrogant motorists who think they own the road.
so was my cousin- but that was 40+ years ago and he was 7 :(

I can't understand how everyone wants a 4 day weekend, when they've just been given a 3 day weekend. If the Friday is the holiday, they want to take off at midday Thurs, or they call in sick on the Monday. If it's the Monday holiday, they will leave early on the Friday or take it off altogether.

A lot of people won't work the day before Christmas now- and many companies shut down between Christmas and New Year because they can't get staff.

Queens Birthday is the first day of the Royal Show- more important than a bloody horse race in Melbourne

I can't understand how everyone wants a 4 day weekend, when they've just been given a 3 day weekend. If the Friday is the holiday, they want to take off at midday Thurs, or they call in sick on the Monday. If it's the Monday holiday, they will leave early on the Friday or take it off altogether.

A lot of people won't work the day before Christmas now- and many companies shut down between Christmas and New Year because they can't get staff.
You dont understand why people would prefer to extend their long weekend instead of going back to work?

Public holiday tomorrow is great. Doesn't match up with the east coast and cos my whole work team is based over there Ill be doing squat tomorrow while everyone else works, and then next week when they have their holiday Ill have squat to do. Win/win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back