Preview NAB 1 Port vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Players im looking forward to seeing most:
Krakouer; Being Melbourne based didn't get to see much of his development.
Wagner; Did not pay any attention to the recruit and the reports from Friday's game has caught my attention
Butcher; Just how he plays, body language, running and forward pressure, even if Ken throws him in the backline who knows. Somewhat a pressure game even though its nab just hope he's relaxed and confident
Byrne Jones; Skinny fella if he's worked on his counter attack and physicality

General question do we expect all our draftees to play?

Players im looking forward to seeing most:
Krakouer; Being Melbourne based didn't get to see much of his development.
Wagner; Did not pay any attention to the recruit and the reports from Friday's game has caught my attention
Butcher; Just how he plays, body language, running and forward pressure, even if Ken throws him in the backline who knows. Somewhat a pressure game even though its nab just hope he's relaxed and confident
Byrne Jones; Skinny fella if he's worked on his counter attack and physicality

General question do we expect all our draftees to play?

All our draftees can't play as only 1 of em is fit I think I heard somewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care about the result. It should a bit more intense than an intra-club knock about so its all about getting prepared for the season proper.

The last game in the series should be basically a rest up before the trip to subi.

This week raise the intensity but try to avoid injuries, next week run a bit harder, in the last week run younger/depth players to give them some exposure.

Roll on round one :)

Possibly but I wouldn't think Ken would be making it a priority. Even though all our draftees were late he has played late draftees in the NAB cup before so I see no reason he would change.
If you listened to him on 5AA on friday he indicated he might do it differently this year due to our first season trip being a trip to Perth. So the Crows game could have a lot of those outside of the 22 and rest the guns ready for Perth. Means the experienced players could play round 1 or 2 NAB while Mathew Nicks is coaching from the box.

Why are we playing at Norwood and the Crows playing at Port Lincoln? Would make so much more sense the other way around. We have far more connection to Port Lincoln than they do (used to be our zone, the Burgoynes/Wagner/I think Pickett are from there) and I'm sure there are a lot more Norwood/Crows fans than Norwood/Port fans.

I think we've aced our last 2 Nab seasons. Blood the youngsters early, get a much more experienced side in for the next game, then play a near full strength side for the final game. This formula has worked well for us under Ken and I can't see us changing it this season.

If you listened to him on 5AA on friday he indicated he might do it differently this year due to our first season trip being a trip to Perth. So the Crows game could have a lot of those outside of the 22 and rest the guns ready for Perth. Means the experienced players could play round 1 or 2 NAB while Mathew Nicks is coaching from the box.
Haven't listened to radio for years. The wires on my speakers are broken and I haven't fixed them but even before that I only regularly listened to radio back in the 70s when may dad used to listen to The Goon Show on what was at that time 5AN(frequency 891).

Why are we playing at Norwood and the Crows playing at Port Lincoln? Would make so much maore sense the other way around. We have far more connection to Port Lincoln than they do (used to be our zone, the Burgoynes/Wagner/I think Pickett are from there) and I'm sure there are a lot more Norwood/Crows fans than Norwood/Port fans.

I wonder what the stadium deal is like at Coopers? For those intending on going, make sure you put the correct Coopers Stadium into the SatNav

I'd run out a team something like this .
F. Neade Butcher Harvey
H.F Ah Chee Shaw Young
C. Polec Wines Moore
H.B Pittard Clurey Krakoer
B . Impey Hombsch Broadbent
R .Lobbe , Ebert Mitchell
Int Amon , Stewart Wagner , O'Shea

Not the best 22 by any means but a good hit out for the second tier players , let Moore , Young , Clurey , Hombsch and Mitchell the chance to step up . Give Butch , Harvey , Shaw a chance to shine . Pity we haven't got another ruckman available so Lobbe could have a break

Remove this Banner Ad

Back