AFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to have you back, is this your first post in here for 2015? You had a great record in player v player last year.
I do the odd post but I'm always about. Yeh did well on the player exotics, think I will struggle to get much on this year due to a productive off season.

I see a few future Supercoach markets are out and while nothing seems outrageous value yet I wish one of the bookies would allow multis on these!

I don't think I'll take it but surely Beams to win the highest SC average at Sportsbet (it's a group of all players who moved club) at $2.25 only loses if he gets injured. Griffen at $9 the only one I could see troubling him.

Considering I have Griffen in my current SC and not Beams (moreso due to the fact Griffen represents very good value), I would have to say I'd rather be on Griffen at those odds than Beams. However, if you held a gun to my head and asked me to choose which one will average more, I'll go with Beams.

Anyone think Wingard less than 41.5 goals for the year is good. Struggling with injury i think Port will ease him into the season in doubt for the early rounds of the season

If Emac is out for the eagles then the buldogs could be a chance round 1. Darling also looking unlikely.

I really dont rate the dogs much this year, however eagles look weak when you take out Waters, Mckenzie and Darling with Scooter behind in preparations aswell

If Libbas out for the season then the effect of losing all of Higgins, Griffen, Cooney and Libba will be a huge loss for the dogs especially with ageing Boyd, Minson, Murphy and Morris. Tom Boyd doesnt look like he will have a big season just yet, has apparently struggled over PS a bit.

I know not long ago i was talking them up to beat WCE round 1 but if Libba goes down then there side looks so weak IMO almost weaker than demons and saints.

Dogs to finish below 14th @1.75
Dogs least wins @5.00 (Is the one i really like).

$150 Adelaide to make the 8 $1.88

Don't usually outlay money on bets involving bias but im pretty confident about it as long as Talia, Tex or Jacobs don't miss significant games.

$150 Adelaide to make the 8 $1.88

Don't usually outlay money on bets involving bias but im pretty confident about it as long as Talia, Tex or Jacobs don't miss significant games.

Not convinced on Adelaide personally to back them at 1.88
Who knows how they will take to the new coaches gameplan.
Who do they knock out of the 8?

Not convinced on Adelaide personally to back them at 1.88
Who knows how they will take to the new coaches gameplan.
Who do they knock out of the 8?

Richmond/Essendon are the obvious ones.

Adelaide missed the 8 last year by 1 game. We lost at least 4 games simply due to sub par coaching (Melbourne the main one but also Richmond/North/WestCoast). We had Tex for half the year and even then he was underdone. Douglas was hindered all year from a testicle issue, Danger was playing at 60% fitness and kicking on his left all year, Crouch was way underdone. We still had one of the better midfields despite this. Adelaide were 3rd in Attack yet near the bottom in defense because we were incapable of defending a turnover. Walsh has put a massive emphasis on team defense over the pre season. I understand you dont become Freo like overnight but we will be much, much better. Richmond looked very suspect for most of last year, Essendon have so much unrest and may not even compete for the 8 if ASADA get their way.

Having said all this, its a gamble and im not betting money i cant afford to lose. Still feel good about it however but also hoping we keep Tex, Jacobs and Talia in cotton wool these next few weeks.

Just saw on sportsbet a johann wagner special

Will he play a game

yes 3.50

no 1.25

I'm shocked, why wouldn't he get a game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did have a look at this. I think Anzac16 knows a bit about him.

Was $6 to play a game before. Been smashed in.

Wagner came to Central Districts with some huge raps on him. Was recruited as a tall forward who could lead up and kick a bunch of goals. Never really got going with the club due to injuries and The Recruit. Obviously won that (I can't say I watched it though, but by all reports he was the obvious stand out).

If he was to play for Port this year I'd say it would be in a later game in the season against one of the Bottom 6 teams. Most likely he'd slot into a 3rd tall role. Port fans would probably know more about his preseason form. He looks a likely type though.

If he was to play for Port this year I'd say

You know about the wank fest about Port in South Australia, he is the kind of player I think they would pick as they love the "against all odds" feel good story to be in line with their marketing campaign.:rolleyes:

Wouldnt surprise me if Hinkley hit those odds at $6.:p:cool:

You know about the wank fest about Port in South Australia, he is the kind of player I think they would pick as they love the "against all odds" feel good story to be in line with their marketing campaign.:rolleyes:

Wouldnt surprise me if Hinkley hit those odds at $6.:cool:
True! About the wankfest anyway

Anyone think Wingard less than 41.5 goals for the year is good. Struggling with injury i think Port will ease him into the season in doubt for the early rounds of the season

If Emac is out for the eagles then the buldogs could be a chance round 1. Darling also looking unlikely.

I really dont rate the dogs much this year, however eagles look weak when you take out Waters, Mckenzie and Darling with Scooter behind in preparations aswell
I don't think Mackenzie's injury changes a whole lot. Dogs look one of the weaker sides as you did state, West Coast should at least win the game if not comfortably. I think WCE will make the 8 this season. $1.50 odd looks a decent bet first up. Kennedy should nail them as he usually does vs the dogs.

I don't think Mackenzie's injury changes a whole lot. Dogs look one of the weaker sides as you did state, West Coast should at least win the game if not comfortably. I think WCE will make the 8 this season. $1.50 odd looks a decent bet first up. Kennedy should nail them as he usually does vs the dogs.
Without Mckenzie and Darling struggling i cant see the eagles making the 8.

Bias does seem to be playing its part. Adelaide fan puts 150 in @1.88 and an eagle fan after the loss of Waters, Mckenzie for the year reckons eagles will make the 8.

Either the too 8s going yo have a fairly big drop off in quality or people are being biased towards there own team.

Buldogs look extremely weak right noe i think they could be in for a season of hell.

Bias does seem to be playing its part. Adelaide fan puts 150 in @1.88 and an eagle fan after the loss of Waters, Mckenzie for the year reckons eagles will make the 8.

Either the too 8s going yo have a fairly big drop off in quality or people are being biased towards there own team.

Buldogs look extremely weak right noe i think they could be in for a season of hell.

Waters hasn't played for a couple of years so I'm not sure he was ever going to be the key to a top 8 finish this season. I think we'll still do alright as long as Brown can hold his own as a replacement.

Not biased at all. You said it yourself, bulldogs look to be one of the weakest teams in the comp this season. Who do the dogs have so important that not having Mackenzie to play on him will change the game?

One Adelaide fan throwing 150 on their team to make the 8 doesn't make him Nor Adelaide fans biased as a whole.

I think west coast will make it this year as we've had a bunch of guys who've played together a while now boys like Sheppard, sheed will excel and Simpsons second year at the helm should see wce play with more identity and familiarity. Just missed it last year and blew games which should have really been won against port, Carlton, Essendon and perhaps one vs freo.

If we don't, good riddance. Footys back and that's all that matters!

Not biased at all. You said it yourself, bulldogs look to be one of the weakest teams in the comp this season. Who do the dogs have so important that not having Mackenzie to play on him will change the game?

One Adelaide fan throwing 150 on their team to make the 8 doesn't make him Nor Adelaide fans biased as a whole.

I think west coast will make it this year as we've had a bunch of guys who've played together a while now boys like Sheppard, sheed will excel and Simpsons second year at the helm should see wce play with more identity and familiarity. Just missed it last year and blew games which should have really been won against port, Carlton, Essendon and perhaps one vs freo.

If we don't, good riddance. Footys back and that's all that matters!
Im not talking about you guys beating the dogs. Libbas a huge loss, as i said they are a great candidate for last spot.

Im talking about the eagles getting near that top 8 position. Unless the dons are hit by ASADA with 12+ months and either Geelong or Richmond go crashing down its hard to see either of adelaide and certainly west coast cutting the top 8 IMO. I wouldnt be betting to much on it and id want very good odds well above the 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back