NAB cup 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Jezza is just a better player and plays tall and has a bit of mongrel about him to body up against the bigger Fwds .Schofield will always be suited picking up the 3rd tall so he can use his pace and rebound out of defence .
I agree that Gov has better marking and has mongrel but at this point of time gov still had a lot to learn about defending . He also doesn't have the tank to cover repeat leads .
Schofield had been slimmed down to create a KPD sized wingman by woosha and co due to us having 4 tall defenders . Schofield's versatility was his downfall .
Schoey is a better defender than McGovern ! He can cover repeat leads , can spoil appropriately to the boundary, knows how to position himself as to not let his defender get goal side and doesn't have many marks taken on him 1on1 .
Gov still has a lot to learn about being a defender and that will take time .

West Coast have more runners now so with Eazy out , our game plan may change a little ... more run of half back !

= Brophy

I was thinking the same thing, do we now reasses our gameplan & structure with Easy down & out?

Probably too late to make drastic changes in all reality.

Hell...why not try it though. If we finish in the bottom 5 and Scotter wants to head home to play with Joel, the afl might gift us a top 10 In return! ;-)

I agree that Gov has better marking and has mongrel but at this point of time gov still had a lot to learn about defending . He also doesn't have the tank to cover repeat leads .
Schofield had been slimmed down to create a KPD sized wingman by woosha and co due to us having 4 tall defenders . Schofield's versatility was his downfall .
Schoey is a better defender than McGovern ! He can cover repeat leads , can spoil appropriately to the boundary, knows how to position himself as to not let his defender get goal side and doesn't have many marks taken on him 1on1 .
Gov still has a lot to learn about being a defender and that will take time .

I think both scenarios can work and either player can be the 3rd man . My only doubts on Schofield was his strength in body to body work and also his confidence to be a good player.

I think both scenarios can work and either player can be the 3rd man . My only doubts on Schofield was his strength in body to body work and also his confidence to be a good player.
Schoey has bulked up considerably this off season after stripping mass during the woosha years he also seems thinner due to having long limbs compared to brown who has broader shoulders and short stumpy limbs .

Lamb is a rookie coming off a limited preseason. He's not ready to line up at CHF in round 1. At most he might get a green vest.
Darling is CHF? We'll have a forward line of Lycett and Kennedy - can't Kennedy play CHF, Lycett/NN FF, with Lamb as the roaming third tall??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the game from the middle of second quarter

Nelson should play games this year - looks composed and great kicking both feet. Genuinely high hopes for this lad.

Sheed looking very good in tight

Sheppard looked like he has been practising in the midfield

Yeo's dash... Very worried it looks like he is playing behind the ball. Need him at clearances this year

Still gutted about e's knee

Sheed looks the goods inside but admittedly Carlton weren't playing their best mids by any stretch.

Lamb still has some developing to do but the attitude was pretty good I thought. Went in hard and had a crack when there was opportunity. Had to have a chuckle when he tried to tackle one of the Carlton blokes in the forward pocket, laid a solid looking effort and bounced off. He probably hasn't experienced that too often coming through.

Shep was pretty awesome. Hopefully he continues to make me eat humble pie going forwards.

Lamb still has some developing to do but the attitude was pretty good I thought. Went in hard and had a crack when there was opportunity. Had to have a chuckle when he tried to tackle one of the Carlton blokes in the forward pocket, laid a solid looking effort and bounced off. He probably hasn't experienced that too often coming through.

I think I found his repeated second and third efforts the most impressive about his game. Looks tenacious.

Terrible news regarding Emac.

There were a fair few positives though tempered by the fact that Carltons midfield was well below strength.

Sheed - Very impressed with his inside game and seems to have matured a fair bit, looking forward to seeing how he goes against better opposition

Nelson - Was a bit of fan when we recruited him judging on Video clips and Phantom draft bios. Showed great composure and looks like he won't have to many problems playing at the elite level.

Sheppard - Showed some signs last year before being injured so was great to see him play such a dominant role.

Gaff - To me seems to have transitioned from a boy to a man over the summer, looked really self assured.

Masten - Not great but liked that he is playing more of an outside role, just hasn't got the physical attributes to be an inside player.
Would really like to see him become an elite gut running player.

Yeo - Would have liked him to have got a bit more of the ball but when he did he made things happen which is what the team needs

Wellingham - Added some class, hope he pulls his finger out and applies himself 100 percent for the whole season.

Lamb - Didn't do a lot but but just has a presence about him. Will be interesting to see how he goes this season development wise.

Tunbridge - Not sure if he will make it as his role is a bit up in the air (Would love to see him having an impact similar to Darling as a forward) but played a reasonable game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back