Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

St Ignatius ( I think )RC church in Richmond has a stained glass window featuring Mary Mackillop holding the had of a boy with a Richmond jumper on. Essendon FC I believe has very close associations with the freemasons.

Yeah and Cardinal George Pell (who is a candidate for the Pope) played for Richmond.

I've got a baby due in May (well my missus does, but I put it there) so we can add one more to the tally then. Just waiting to confirm name and I'll make the call. Come to think of it, we can breed our way to 60k members. From now on CONTRACEPTION SHOULD BE BANNED FOR ALL NORTH MELBOURNE MEMBERS!

Not relevant to Horace and I:).

Not relevant to Horace and I :).
Understood.

1935dd62_jerry-seinfeld-george-costanza.jpg

If we are to be competitive we need 30,000 auto renewals so the Club has a steady cash flow all year around. Very hard in this industry to operate competitively without steady and good revenue.

If we had 30,000 renewals at an average of $30 per month repayment, that's just under 1m in the bank per month for 10 months of the year. Sept and October when we are not billed, would have revenue compensated with one off's like The Brekky and other related functions, not to mentions finals prizemoney if we make it. Having that many auto renewals is surety for the club and an ability to focus on other things a bit more. I'm sure the coach and players would appreciate not having to "sell the club at every opportunity" mantra in their daily vernacular.

Ultimately it's the fans that will make or break this club as I feel the club has done incredibly well in all facets. Our membership base, our footy depth spend increases, ability to re-sign all our key players bar Levi but I think the majority of the members side with the club on this one, improvements to our list, shrewd acquisitions via Free agency and developing Hobart beautifully have all been very well done.

What concerns me about the club is the lack of assets we hold so a regular ensured high income can be utilised to address this. I'm pretty sure with 30,000 auto renewals that would cover the salaries of the NMFC so other income can be used elsewhere knowing liabilities are covered. Maybe a simplistic view so I'd be interested in hearing others with a better accountancy understanding.

Anyway I know I'm preaching to the converted here and I've just reeled off a post of Tas proportions but I will finally end it by saying that the clubs biggest challenge is not only converting supporters to members but members to auto renewals members.

If we are to be competitive we need 30,000 auto renewals so the Club has a steady cash flow all year around. Very hard in this industry to operate competitively without steady and good revenue.

If we had 30,000 renewals at an average of $30 per month repayment, that's just under 1m in the bank per month for 10 months of the year. Sept and October when we are not billed, would have revenue compensated with one off's like The Brekky and other related functions, not to mentions finals prizemoney if we make it. Having that many auto renewals is surety for the club and an ability to focus on other things a bit more. I'm sure the coach and players would appreciate not having to "sell the club at every opportunity" mantra in their daily vernacular.

Ultimately it's the fans that will make or break this club as I feel the club has done incredibly well in all facets. Our membership base, our footy depth spend increases, ability to re-sign all our key players bar Levi but I think the majority of the members side with the club on this one, improvements to our list, shrewd acquisitions via Free agency and developing Hobart beautifully have all been very well done.

What concerns me about the club is the lack of assets we hold so a regular ensured high income can be utilised to address this. I'm pretty sure with 30,000 auto renewals that would cover the salaries of the NMFC so other income can be used elsewhere knowing liabilities are covered. Maybe a simplistic view so I'd be interested in hearing others with a better accountancy understanding.

Anyway I know I'm preaching to the converted here and I've just reeled off a post of Tas proportions but I will finally end it by saying that the clubs biggest challenge is not only converting supporters to members but members to auto renewals members.

Why is 5x 1 paragraph posts better than 1 five paragraph post? :p

Bigeasy 30,000 renewals to raise $10 million would be, by far, the highest $$ to membership proportion of any club in the comp. It is more likely that 30,000 auto renewals would net us half that unfortunately. Put it this way, the Hawks raised just over $10 million from over 60,000 memberships.

I agree that it would be great to have a minimum 30,000 autos but we will need to have add around 20,000 more members before we start getting close to the $10mil mark with the percentage of interstate and Tassie members we have.

Bigeasy 30,000 renewals to raise $10 million would be, by far, the highest $$ to membership proportion of any club in the comp. It is more likely that 30,000 auto renewals would net us half that unfortunately. Put it this way, the Hawks raised just over $10 million from over 60,000 memberships.

I agree that it would be great to have a minimum 30,000 autos but we will need to have add around 20,000 more members before we start getting close to the $10mil mark with the percentage of interstate and Tassie members we have.

Yeah fair enough, I wasn't sure as I pay $66 per month for mine so I sort of halved it. Anyway $500,000 per month guaranteed to come in for 10 months of the year is good too.

Yeah fair enough, I wasn't sure as I pay $66 per month for mine so I sort of halved it. Anyway $500,000 per month guaranteed to come in for 10 months of the year is good too.
Damn straight. We need more roll over memberships and more reserved seat memberships. Thats where the coin lies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn straight. We need more roll over memberships and more reserved seat memberships. Thats where the coin lies.

Agree completely. Unfortunately its a little chicken and egg. The more members the more reason to get a reserved seat. Finals success definitely helps push the premium memberships nowadays.

Understand where you're coming from Bigeasy, but I have a reserved seat membership that I pay in December (you have to in order to retain the same seat), but no roll-over membership. How do the club lose out of that?

Logic dictates that reserved seat membership would have to be much more important than the roll-over payment scheme.

But your point is valid, especially when it comes to the more casual umm'er & ahh'er that might sign up only when the team are finals bound.

Understand where you're coming from Bigeasy, but I have a reserved seat membership that I pay in December (you have to in order to retain the same seat), but no roll-over membership. How do the club lose out of that?

Logic dictates that reserved seat membership would have to be much more important than the roll-over payment scheme.

But your point is valid, especially when it comes to the more casual umm'er & ahh'er that might sign up only when the team are finals bound.
I'm the same as you Davey, I prefer to pay in one hit and have it done.

I'm not sure what the comparison is to last year at this time, but I am pretty happy with nearly 30K before the end of Feb/Start of March. Given that we don't start the real stuff until April 5th I reckon we have a great shot at beating last year which is what we should be aiming for every year

The late start really plays into our hands though considering that we played deep into finals for the first time in ages and that we had so many post season surgeries. We should be adding a significant amount of members between now and 5 weeks time.

The late start really plays into our hands though considering that we played deep into finals for the first time in ages and that we had so many post season surgeries. We should be adding a significant amount of members between now and 5 weeks time.
Probably shouldn't but a win against the Hawks will help this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back