No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
I just hope we get some closure on Dank at some point.

He remains a mystery. A mystery who has caused catastrophic damage to our great club. But a mystery none the less.

No doubt he will release a book at some stage. But it will probably raise more questions than answers.

The thing that shits me is that Dank, for mine, is full of what you might term ambiguities, misrepresentations and half truths. Him saying something isn't illegal is just as likely to mean he thinks it shouldn't be illegal, or that there is some debate elsewhere around whether it should be.

Him saying he'll tell the truth one day could just as easily mean in a book.

I suppose I look at it pragmatically. If he held the ace which exonerated the players, why the * should it even matter if it's, to use his favourite parlance, a 'kangaroo court' that he presents it in?

If it's a lay down misere, then just put it on the ******* table.

Ultimately, if the players are suspended and he then takes ASADA to court (unlikely to happen, but just run with it) and has it proven that their classification procedures, or whatever else, are inadequate, it's an entirely pyrrhic victory for the players; it doesn't change the fact they will have been suspended and branded drug cheats.

What people need to understand is that there is only one forum where Dank, if he holds the aces he claims to, can help the players in. One of his chances is already well and truly gone when he failed to be interviewed by ASADA, and you have to ask serious questions as to why he would refuse to be interviewed. His other chance is the current process with the tribunal, and again, he dismisses it and refuses to get involved.

Well, guess what- that's his last chance in terms of saving players from suspensions, if indeed he holds information that can actually do that. That last bit is a ginormous if and, on balance of probabilities, his behaviour and evasiveness suggests to me that he in fact holds no such information. Yes, ipso facto, he's full of piss and wind.

MightyDon

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
One of his chances is already well and truly gone when he failed to be interviewed by ASADA, and you have to ask serious questions as to why he would refuse to be interviewed.
I believe he has said if ASADA had have come to him quietly before getting out in the media and talking s**t he would have spoken with them, again who knows but i think its a legit reason for giving them the bird as Essendon should have done.

I believe he has said if ASADA had have come to him quietly before getting out in the media and talking s**t he would have spoken with them, again who knows but i think its a legit reason for giving them the bird as Essendon should have done.
It's a cop out. If he could have exonerated the players there and then, he should have done so.

MightyDon

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
It's a cop out. If he could have exonerated the players there and then, he should have done so.
Its been a political and then media driven circus since they had the blackest day in sport presser. A Salem witch hunt, prove you're not a witch while the foaming mob with pitchforks are screaming for blood.

How much would Dank sue the AFL for in the real court ($20-30 million maybe?

LOL, he wouldn't get near that. On the very, very unlikely chance he did sue followed by then highly improbable chance he won, he'd be doing well to get $3 million.

Who are the players going to sue for loss of income?

I'd say Essendon, but the recent hearing before Middleton I think highlighted the AFL as an employer as well, which could make it interesting, so potentially both?

Why didn't ASADA specifically state TB4 is a banned peptide? There is a long list of other banned peptides on the WADA list.

?

Why did ASADAs opening address to the tribunal immediately start mentioning other banned peptides (including the one sold to Carlton and others)?

How could we know at this point? It could just be highlighting the other product that were purchased at the same time as TB4.

Why did the opening address of the Bomber player defense immediately start questioning if TB4 is in fact banned?

If the reports are correct and we spent significant time arguing it, it's because either we're ****ed or the players' lawyers are *ed. Maybe both.

cymarak

Go Gators !
Aug 7, 2009
Over it. All of it.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
49ers, Gators
Its been a political and then media driven circus since they had the blackest day in sport presser. A Salem witch hunt, prove you're not a witch while the foaming mob with pitchforks are screaming for blood.
Dank's refusal to provide a credible defence has kept the witch hunt going.

It's hard to prove you're not a witch, but not anywhere near as hard to provide answers to reasonable questions. If you choose not to do that, then you lose most - if not all - of the benefit of the doubt.

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Packers, Bucks, Pens, M's, Chelsea
I just hope we get some closure on Dank at some point.

With the proceedings tracking as they are - this won't be the case any time soon.

As much as people are saying "* Dank, the stupid prick" I can say that he has played the game the best of anyone so far. EFC included.

If you look at the case from day one, he has kept his mouth well and truly shut. He has only answered questions in a general sense and has not gone on the front foot at any stage... basically, because he doesn't have to. The AFL is bound by it's own competition rules and refers to basic civil interpretations, with a mix of sport law thrown in. Has Dank been found to have broken any of these rules over the last two years? You would have to say not definitively, otherwise the book would have been thrown at him well before now.

The tin foil hat wearers, with me included, thinks that there is an issue with Dank's practices - but I'm still waiting to see if these issues are one the good or bad side of the law lines. With sports science not being a new trade, we've all seen how there is still much grey being ruled by a black and white rule book. This will be up to better minds than you and I to decide, over time. Until then, he has really only been told to stop practising with Australian sporting teams as a matter of circumstance rather than of proof.

The next peg that needs to be fitted, in regards to supposed risky practices, is just when did Dank start testing the waters with such treatments. The current case is only reflective of his time at Essendon. I wonder if ASADA have really done their job thoroughly and looked back on Dank's time at the AFL supported Gold Coast Suns, then back to Geelong and other teams before then. There has to be a starting point for when this took off - where, as evidence comes to the fore, that other sporting clubs serviced by Dank will need to be investigated.

All of this relates on the governing bodies and the government body to prove a result. At this time, the best evidence that has been presented is circumstantial, innuendo and what ever has been disclosed to the tribunal. Unfortunately, we seem to have gone full circle up until now, as the case is being heard by three retired judges with no sporting drug related qualifications... not unlike our own internal report by Ziggy.

If I was Dank, until someone gets fair dinkum, I would not be saying a thing either.

Jan 10, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
LOL, he wouldn't get near that. On the very, very unlikely chance he did sue followed by then highly improbable chance he won, he'd be doing well to get $3 million.

If the decision is 50/50 on being comfortably satisfied, it may be a lot harder to prove guilt in a real court.

Nobody could deny that Danks career as a sports administrator is ruined.

And nobody could deny constant spilling to the press.

And ASADAs and AFLs case hinges largely on Dank being a liar with no concern for player welfare or the WADA code.

It's easy to throw Dank into the fire.

But not hard to understand why his legal advice would be not to spend legal fees until all ASADAs and AFL cards are n the table.

As much as people are saying "**** Dank, the stupid prick" I can say that he has played the game the best of anyone so far. EFC included.

Eh? Is the only person absolutely stone cold guaranteed to be banned from sport for life in this debacle.

Well played Dank, well played. o_O

As for why he may not want to talk to anyone is stuff like this..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...a-report-on-dons/story-fnca0u4y-1226707923613

A spreadsheet retrieved by the club from Dank's computer log-in at Windy Hill shows a schedule of Thymodulin injections given to Essendon players over 16 weeks. The spread sheet is titled "2012 THYMODULIN".

Conveniently forgotten by everyone because the majority of the media were setting the narrative at the direction of the AFL.

You mean the same spreadsheet that was created mid 2012, a day after Dank sent the forms to Alavi to sign retrospectively for February?

Yeah, I bet that was legit.

Eh? Is the only person absolutely stone cold guaranteed to be banned from sport for life in this debacle.

Well played Dank, well played. o_O
My only thought is maybe Dank couldn't care less about a sports ban as long as he keeps to keep his business..

That said, no one has come out of all this looking good. EFC, AFL, ASADA, Dank

My only thought is maybe Dank couldn't care less about a sports ban as long as he keeps to keep his business..

That said, no one has come out of all this looking good. EFC, AFL, ASADA, Dank

Yeah man because being banned from sport for life will do wonders for your business reputation.

MightyDon

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Has Dank been banned by the NRL for life or not? What has happened to the players who were not offered a deal and told ASADA were to shove their SC notice as it had no evidence attached to it?

Yeah man because being banned from sport for life will do wonders for your business reputation.
It could depend what his options are.

I think he is as dodgy as hell, and have no trust in him at all.

But over all, it depends what he has some wrong. I dcate him oubt a sporting organization would hire him these days. But if (not proof this happened, just a thought) had he ripped off the club importing, or purchasing banned substances, if they club pressed charges on that front he may well lost his business. Or face more serious charges than a sports ban.

Does he make more money as a sports scientist *cough hahhahaha* or through business.

Could clearing the players implicate him in other areas.

Has Dank been banned by the NRL for life or not? What has happened to the players who were not offered a deal and told ASADA were to shove their SC notice as it had no evidence attached to it?
Yeah Dank was banned by the NRL for live. But I believe that was only within the NRL, not an anti doping ban. So he is free to apply his trade in other sports.

I don't think anything has happened yet with the other NRL players yet.

It could depend what his options are.

I think he is as dodgy as hell, and have no trust in him at all.

But over all, it depends what he has some wrong. I dcate him oubt a sporting organization would hire him these days. But if (not proof this happened, just a thought) had he ripped off the club importing, or purchasing banned substances, if they club pressed charges on that front he may well lost his business. Or face more serious charges than a sports ban.

Does he make more money as a sports scientist *cough hahhahaha* or through business.

Could clearing the players implicate him in other areas.

Not a personal attack (your post is quite valid, the following is a general statement) but:

PEOPLE FOR **** SAKE GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD - DANK CAN NOT CLEAR THE PLAYERS.

If Dank has 'played it well' then it's the most pyrrhic distinction ever. As it stands, he's either a selfish man who has refused to help the players when he could have, or he's a bullshit artist of the highest degree.

Or indeed, both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back