Matchday 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive the picture overload here lads and lasses, but I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet but Palace and West Ham joined together before their game to help launch the Dylan Tombides foundation on the weekend for the young Aussie striker who tragically passed away last year. Great scenes and great effort from both clubs. Fitting and pleasing to see Jedinak help launch this. :thumbsu:

261EB8E100000578-0-image-a-6_1424963772074.jpg

262C111F00000578-0-image-a-6_1425128907957.jpg

_74335457_0c970c32-07a2-4e4e-a6e3-3fa62554210f.jpg

Another great moment this weekend (if you'll excuse my blowing of the Toon trumpet) was the return of Jonas Gutierrez who made his first appearance in the first team since overcoming his own cancer treatment just a few months back. Although he didn't get onto the pitch, many reckon he was the real MOTM on the day. Cisse's celebration was a great touch but the real highlight of the game was the cheer Jonas got from both sets of fans.

Newcastle_Jonas_Gutierrez__840_578_100.jpg

papisse-cisse-jonas-gutierrez-newcastle-aston-villa_3270665.jpg

P.S the Mackems losing in humourous circumstances was the icing on the cake. :D

Think he probably got VK while he was a little bit off balance.

Mmmm.. Kompany sees him coming and definitely throws his hip out to try to protect the ball. He was about as balanced as he could have hoped to be. Sterling's aggression and strength on the ball against much larger opponents has been one of the most surprising parts of his play over the last year or so. Immensely strong for a kid his size and knows exactly how to use his body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The core strength and balance from Sterling in this clash with Kompany, who probably has 15kg on him:

hahaha oh mate. Kompany was seriously off balance when Sterling knocked him over, a feather could've knocked him over as he was already stumbling. A feather did knock him over actually.

assume what you were saying was tongue in cheek....

Agreed, VK was balancing his body to turn with the ball and Sterling was just going the man. Add that to a lower centre of gravity against a much taller opponent and its not surprising that Kompany ended up on the ground, half tripped over the ball too. Certainly nothing to write home about.

Kompany and to an extent Toure are shadows of themselves from previous seasons.

All three goals were class this morning.

yaya being absent defensively isn't exactly different from previous seasons. he was still pinging the ball around to his hearts content

the decision to go with 2 midfielders, where only 1 tracks back and helps an out of form and imbalanced defence cost us the game. and has cost us in the past, and will cost us in the future. i just don't get it.

Those Henderson and Couthino goals were great. Liverpool for fourth place look the goods.

I would have said we would be a sneaky chance for second place being only 4 behind but I just looked at the rest of City's fixture. The only games that should pose any threat are United and Tottenham away, they should still win those games regardless you would think.

Are there any group of supporters (worldwide) that enjoy fapping over their team more than Liverpool supporters?
I find it amusing that we're not allowed to fap even though we are in terrific form and just beat the reigning champions in a key game for our top 4 hopes, whilst scoring two absolute crackers.

We're called supporters for a reason. We support. We fap. That's the ******* point.

He took a step towards Sterling and planted his right foot in the ground. Good strength from Sterling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back