Random thoughts not worthy of a thread (Part I)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why anyone even bothers to go near her in a ring anymore is absolutely beyond me. She is unbeatable. I've watched all 96 seconds of her last three fights to have formed this opinion.
A prodigy in a sport that's not traditionally attractive to women (to participate in).

Theres not going to be a lot to challenge her in the near future.

On Grohl (and the Foo Fighters in general), it makes me laugh when people say that the Foo Fighters are generic rock. The only reason they're generic is because, since 2000, they have basically determined what the current sound for 'rock' is in mainstream music.

Not a fan myself, but have to agree with this 100%

Unpopular opinion incoming.

The beatles were incredibly generic as bands go and look how they went.
Yeah, unpopular would be it.

Just think. Their discography spans 8 years, from 1963 to 1970, from Meet the Beatles to Abbey Road and Help!, during which they reinvented popular music multiple times.

For reference, 8 years ago the ARIA charts featured such gems as "black fingernails, red wine" and "sexyback", and bugger all new and interesting has happened since (not to say there hasn't been good stuff, just not anything really groundbreaking).

Yeah, unpopular would be it.

Just think. Their discography spans 8 years, from 1963 to 1970, from Meet the Beatles to Abbey Road and Help!, during which they reinvented popular music multiple times.

For reference, 8 years ago the ARIA charts featured such gems as "black fingernails, red wine" and "sexyback", and bugger all new and interesting has happened since (not to say there hasn't been good stuff, just not anything really groundbreaking).

Yeah, but Magical Mystery Tour can go and get f***ed.

what is the new point system (since we lost, 0.11.14.80 to 1.12.9.90). i now about goals and behinds but what is the new point.

Unpopular opinion incoming.

The beatles were incredibly generic as bands go and look how they went.

So thats all good and well.

Name a band who plays some form of rock and roll (or the many derivitives there of) and you can almost guarantee that The Beatles were at the very minimum some kind of influence, or an influence of an influence.

Most bands these days would be lucky to have one genuine artist who is a master of their craft. The Beatles had 3.

I've never owned a Foo Fighters album, I have none of their songs on my Ipod, but as a live act in a big arena they have been up there with the best for a very long time.

You can't knock a bloke who is responsible for at least a dozen classic rock songs.

Saturday night was the second time I have seen them.

For mine as a live act what sets them a apart is that Dave Grohl is a man that appears to be completely in love with what he is doing. He gets up on stage and just loves it. The audience the interaction, the fact that because they have a huge back catalogue they come on earlier and play longer. He gives the complete appearance of a man who enjoys what he does and wants the audience to enjoy it with him. As I said it is the second time I have seen them and this was the appearance he gave both times. I am no die hard fan but I will go see them again when they next come out purely for the fact he puts on a good show.

Conceptually their latest Album also has a decent amount of artistic merit. Who records like that? Who takes their band on the road and then interveiws people, takes the interviews strips back the words comes up with a concept and then sings songs inspired by the city they are in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone seems to be missing the point completely.

The Beatles were generic as **** and one of the most acclaimed bands in history.

Generic is not always a bad thing.
No, they only seem generic in hindsight because they are so influential. In their time they were revolutionary several times over. It's like Shakespeare being full of clichés.

Tasmania Police
3 hrs ·
This is a Call for all drivers attending tonight’s Foo Fighters Concert.

Don’t let the traffic get the Best of You, it is Times Like These drivers and pedestrians need to exercise patience, we don’t want you to be Dead On Arrival.

Unless you have Learned to Fly allow plenty of time as traffic conditions are expected to be heavy.

At least they have a sense of humour.

Tasmania Police
3 hrs ·
This is a Call for all drivers attending tonight’s Foo Fighters Concert.

Don’t let the traffic get the Best of You, it is Times Like These drivers and pedestrians need to exercise patience, we don’t want you to be Dead On Arrival.

Unless you have Learned to Fly allow plenty of time as traffic conditions are expected to be heavy.

At least they have a sense of humour.
The queue is Everlong but tickets free for the Beaconsfield Miners. Or just wait till Next Year.

Anyone see the thing about the LAPD Cop who shot a homeless guy dead?

It's insane, too hard to see what actually happened but sounds like the guy went for the officers weapon.

I hate to say it but the cop who did it being african american may keep things quieter, I don't think america could have taken another white cop shooting.

Who the hell eats sushi at the footy. It'd probably make me spew after a gutsful of beer. :D
I dare say the people eating sushi at the footy are not the same ones who have a gutful of beer at the footy

I dare say the people eating sushi at the footy are not the same ones who have a gutful of beer at the footy

south-park-you-re-being-ignorant-mj-meme-generator-no-that-s-ignorant-you-re-being-ignorant-e4046c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back