Toast Kane Cornes

Nov 16, 2007
Glenelg
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies
Like he did in the EF against Collingwood (last qtr, iirc) kicked it inside from the defensive 50 which resulted in a goal. It was the best kick I have ever seen him make, so he is capable, just doesnt do it enough.

I am not his greatest fan, but it has been great to see him turnaround from running into defensive positions getting seagull touches to being a great defensive run-with player that gets alot of the ball and generally uses it pretty well.

The unfortunate thing about not being flashy is people don't recognise how important he has been for the team.

If you flash back to the 2004 GF, everyone remembers Wangas 4 goals, Pickets run through the centre corridor and Burgoynes first half, but most people easily forget about Kane Cornes ability to keep Simon Black, a Brownlow medallist who was averaging 40+ possessions in the 10 games leading up to the GF, absolutely ineffective in that game. The only thing Black got out of the game was a 3 game suspension because he was so frustrated.

I have a lot of man love for Kornes, a true PA legend

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He loves the social media does Kane!!
10417775_789772711114948_5426488658076852119_n.jpg

Kane Cornes

How are some of the do's getting around Alberton at the moment! Thoughts?
February 15

The unfortunate thing about not being flashy is people don't recognise how important he has been for the team.

People adored the tireless, no-frills, blue collar grunt you speak of.

It was when he became a freewheeling sheepdog, sprinting 80 metres to dead pockets, waving his hands around begging for the receive only to 9-iron it to a teammate in a similar position that he started copping flak from the supporters all the way up to the football department.

He's still prone to demanding the ball in bad spots, but he's far more accountable under Hinkley, which is why his career has been rehabilitated.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think a lot of supporters can get down on blokes who are doing nothing other than exactly what they're asked to do. I think Kane could be the poster-boy for those players. He's such an uber-professional, I find it hard to believe that he's ever not played the exact way he's been asked. I think he might have ended up a casualty of the end of the Primus period, but his continual ability to perform since those days suggests it was less about him than it was the performance of the footy dept as a whole. Guy's a gun and is great to listen to. Huge fan.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

It was when he became a freewheeling sheepdog, sprinting 80 metres to dead pockets, waving his hands around begging for the receive only to 9-iron it to a teammate in a similar position that he started copping flak from the supporters all the way up to the football department.

He's still prone to demanding the ball in bad spots, but he's far more accountable under Hinkley, which is why his career has been rehabilitated.

Yep.

He went from someone who knew his limitations and extracted the absolute best out of himself, to someone who felt like as one of the best players he had to do it all, and wound up getting us into trouble too often. His previous laser handball also deserted him for a bit.

He's sorted it out though

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think a lot of supporters can get down on blokes who are doing nothing other than exactly what they're asked to do. I think Kane could be the poster-boy for those players. He's such an uber-professional, I find it hard to believe that he's ever not played the exact way he's been asked. I think he might have ended up a casualty of the end of the Primus period, but his continual ability to perform since those days suggests it was less about him than it was the performance of the footy dept as a whole. Guy's a gun and is great to listen to. Huge fan.
TOTALLY agree with this .... No doubt in my mind that Kane was a victim of everything that was wrong with us.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I'm just going to keep thinking my thoughts and then wait for you post them so eloquently. It's a beautiful bit of telepathy we have going on Tribey.

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I watched the prelim final replay against Hawthorn today and was constantly reminded of how cringe worthy Kane can be at times. No body will be able to take the honors and accolades from him as a great Port man but im looking forward to the day when he is gracefully led out to pasture to enjoy the fruit of his hard labor and replaced by someone who can deliver that little bit more than he has been able to.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I watched the prelim final replay against Hawthorn today and was constantly reminded of how cringe worthy Kane can be at times. No body will be able to take the honors and accolades from him as a great Port man but im looking forward to the day when he is gracefully led out to pasture to enjoy the fruit of his hard labor and replaced by someone who can deliver that little bit more than he has been able to.

:drunk:

1395142627542.gif

I reckon this is one of the most putrid posts ever made on this forum, and there have been a few.

BIG MATTY WHITE

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2013
sydney2newzealand
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I will stick up for him no matter what...the guy is a dead set legend...

So much tripe and rubbish has been said about him over the years and its disgusting that people buy into it on here...

1 bad season yet constant top 3 bnf finishes under 3 different regimes and people still talk utter s*** about him.

The guy is one of the greatest PAFC players and fully deserving of the 300 club

I am fully disgusted at how our supporters disrespect such a club legend...disgusted.

Last edited:

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I will stick up for him no matter what...the guy is a dead set legend...

So much tripe and rubbish has been said about him over the years and its disgusting that people buy into it on here...

1 bad season yet constant top 3 bnf finishes under 3 different regimes and people still talk utter s*** about him.

The guy is one of the greatest PAFC players and fully deserving of the 300 club

I am fully disgusted at how our supporters disrespect such a club legend...disgusted.
Dont hold back! ... Tell us how you really feel!

Fact is that it generally come from just s few knobs! Kane is loved by most of us ... we know he has a few flaws, but then most do. He will go down as a legend of the club - and rightly so!

BIG MATTY WHITE

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2013
sydney2newzealand
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dont hold back! ... Tell us how you really feel!

Fact is that it generally come from just s few knobs! Kane is loved by most of us ... we know he has a few flaws, but then most do. He will go down as a legend of the club - and rightly so!
You must not of been on this board in 2011-12

I mean just look at the rubbish in this thread

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 113314

I reckon this is one of the most putrid posts ever made on this forum, and there have been a few.

Im glad you love my posts i dont begrudge K Kornse and the fact that he has thrived at port Adelaide im just looking for someone who can contribute more than what he does offensively. He has been a great tagger and has the potential to get the ball but someone who can aslo kick and hand pass to the advantage of the side imo would be much more preferred.

BIG MATTY WHITE

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2013
sydney2newzealand
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Im glad you love my posts i dont begrudge K Kornse and the fact that he has thrived at port Adelaide im just looking for someone who can contribute more than what he does offensively. He has been a great tagger and has the potential to get the ball but someone who can aslo kick and hand pass to the advantage of the side imo would be much more preferred.
Stop...just stop

Apr 27, 2002
2004 Premiers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers, Newcastle
Just get used to it - I have. People here have such a wide ranging number of views on the same thing. At times it makes you wonder how you can all be looking at the same thing and seeing completely different things. They are probably looking at your views, thinking the same. There's no 1 single "correct" viewpoint of a situation. I am a big Kane fan, but I understand and accept the views of those who are not.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When that player come along, he will put Cornes out of a job. There just isnt anyone that can replace him yet. Hopefully this year we will see one of the lads groomed to take over... But until then forget it.

Back