Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a really bias view mate. Danger is only slightly behind Gray, but he is better than Wines (only at this stage, Wines will be better soon) and Hartlett. He is probably on par with Boak ability wise, however leadership is not what we comparing. Danger would easily walk in and be in our best 3 players. I absolutely hate the guy, but you cannot deny his ability.

Based on actual output rather than media attention the Wines/Dangerfield comparison is closer than you may think. Especially if you compare solely on 2014.
Given his leadership, I'd take Boak over Dangerfield, but think Boaks 2014 was ahead regardless.

Last edited:

That is a really bias view mate. Danger is only slightly behind Gray, but he is better than Wines (only at this stage, Wines will be better soon) and Hartlett. He is probably on par with Boak ability wise, however leadership is not what we comparing. Danger would easily walk in and be in our best 3 players. I absolutely hate the guy, but you cannot deny his ability.
How is he better than these guys if they get more of the ball, use it better offensively and work harder defensively.

Slightly behind Gray? Gray was close to best on every week, most Crows fans I know wanted Dangerfield out of the team at some point in 2014.

Seriously, what.

Boak, Gray, Wines and Hartlett are all better mids, there shouldn't be any argument there.

Boak & Gray yes. Wines & Hartlett no chance.

Hartlett gets dicked around for half a season at Port playing half forward/half back/wing because of the strength of our midfield. He only really got a chance once Ebert dropped off the map in 2014 and was excellent in the middle.

If he was given the same opportunities at a club outside the top 8 like Dangerfield has, we wouldn't be arguing over who is better.

phil walsh said he wanted to be closer to the crows fans , explains why the team left at 3qtr time

completely agree macca , wines will soon be better then him but not atm, Dangerfield's clearance work is very good but his kicking is at times awful, wines is a better kick but not clearance player yet , hartlett is getting better every year but if you had count on someone for your life getting a clearance i would pick danger but having said that i would want danger to pass it off ass soon as he could unlike hartlett who i would love to give the ball from 65 or closer , but end of the day danger is a tosser and hammer is awesome :)

Put Dangerfield into a forward half rotations with Schulz, Westhoff, Gray, Wingard, White, Neade and Ryder and we'd be simply awesome in that part of the ground. Better than the Swans/Hawks fwd lines IMO. Dangerfield would absolutely kill it only having to worry about beating his man and needing to kick at goals.

Is he worth 1 million plus to play HFF/FF....nah thanks.

Put Dangerfield into a forward half rotations with Schulz, Westhoff, Gray, Wingard, White, Neade and Ryder and we'd be simply awesome in that part of the ground. Better than the Swans/Hawks fwd lines IMO. Dangerfield would absolutely kill it only having to worry about beating his man and needing to kick at goals.

Is he worth 1 million plus to play HFF/FF....nah thanks.
Yea I've probably posted it before plenty of times before but Dangerfield spending 90% of his time up forward would be awesome. He would be too strong leading out of defence and would be like Matt White when he gets the chance to run toward goal. He is wasted as a mid, too hit and miss.

Danger is a walk up starter to literally every team. Lets not pretend.

Yeah I don't think anyone who isn't a complete moron - and thanks to 5AA/Advertiser culture, there are a few - truly believes he's rubbish.

But insanely overrated? Absofreakinglutely.

I once got told to go f**k myself on Twitter after responding to a fanboy who said Dangerfield would end his career as the greatest ever Crow. Apparently pointing out that by the age of 21 Andrew McLeod had two Norm Smith Medals and a B&F is trolling. He will also never come close to Ricciuto's achievements, which were career-long. I mean at this point he'll be fortunate to supersede the likes of Goodwin, Hart and Rehn, who were brilliant.

The cart-before-horse attitude when stacked up against his contemporaries is also ridiculous.

If you dare to question his superstar/uberelite/top-3 players in the competition status you're often hit with "he's better than anyone on your list". Yeah nah. Wouldn't be trading him for Boak, Gray or Wingard.

Basically, you'd think he had the exact resume of little Gaz, such is the mythology. It's reminiscent of that bizarre time around 2004/5 when Warren Tredrea and Nick Riewoldt were tearing up the competition week-in, week-out, yet a bit-playing Jonathan Brown was considered the preeminent forward in the competition after the odd dominant game against undersized spuds like Ty Zantuck.

Yeah I don't think anyone who isn't a complete moron - and thanks to 5AA/Advertiser culture, there are a few - truly believes he's rubbish.

But insanely overrated? Absofreakinglutely.

I once got told to go f**k myself on Twitter after responding to a fanboy who said Dangerfield would end his career as the greatest ever Crow. Apparently pointing out that by the age of 21 Andrew McLeod had two Norm Smith Medals and a B&F is trolling. He will also never come close to Ricciuto's achievements, which were career-long. I mean at this point he'll be fortunate to supersede the likes of Goodwin, Hart and Rehn, who were brilliant.

The cart-before-horse attitude when stacked up against his contemporaries is also ridiculous.

If you dare to question his superstar/uberelite/top-3 players in the competition status you're often hit with "he's better than anyone on your list". Yeah nah. Wouldn't be trading him for Boak, Gray or Wingard.

Basically, you'd think he had the exact resume of little Gaz, such is the mythology. It's reminiscent of that bizarre time around 2004/5 when Warren Tredrea and Nick Riewoldt were tearing up the competition week-in, week-out, yet a bit-playing Jonathan Brown was considered the preeminent forward in the competition after the odd dominant game against undersized spuds like Ty Zantuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The market pays what the market pays but I wouldn't think anyone would want to win on price tick the other boxes instead. Haven't heard Dangerfield ask for a million but what are the next TV rights worth? Does the salary cap go up in proportion? Will a million be a lot in 3 years?

Boak. Gray. Wines. Wingard. Hartlett. Ebert. Ryder. Trengove. Lobbe. Polec.
10 blokes on our list who I would never even entertain a trade with the Crows for Dangerfield. Hypothetically, of course,as the Crows don't deal with us and he is a free agent anyway.
Does this mean he wouldn't be in our top ten players? No, he definitely would. He would not be regarded as our best though

Much prefer Danger the midfielder over Danger the forward.
Difference is he could rotate through our midfield/forward line much more. Saves his body taking the punishment it does, and he does not have to be 'the guy' all the time. Would be a serious weapon if he played that role (Gray type almost). Imagine having those two rotating between fwd and mid.

I agree. It was a hilarious display of hive-mind. It was like watching all your lemmings follow each other off the cliff.
The fall from grace was arguably the most beautiful think I've ever witnessed on bigfooty, even funnier, the #donial still runs deep in some posters today.

He'd make our midfield easily the best in the league. Dangerfield, Gray, Boak, Wines. You'd never lose a clearance.

It would permanently traumatise a whole generation of opposition supporters, especially those across the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back