Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

How much do beers cost in say nightclubs or whatever they are called nowadays in Adelaide?

Less than at AO. Pub prices would still see them making great profit off of draught beer.

I think it's more along the lines of how much beer do you still get at a nightclub for what you are paying these days. A pint is shrinking constantly

huh? Weights & measures would be interested to hear that. All alcohol must be poured out of or into an approved measure (the reason beer glasses are stamped with the volume).

I mean like a pint isn't a proper imperial pint any more hardly anywhere. It seems that some beers that come with their own glass is even smaller serve than the normal as well.

I mean like a pint isn't a proper imperial pint any more hardly anywhere. It seems that some beers that come with their own glass is even smaller serve than the normal as well.

The glass you are talking about is called a 'standard'. In NSW they have taken to calling them a 'schmiddie'. It is smaller than the SA pint yet you ask for a 'pint' in some establishments and that is what you get while you pay the price of a SA pint, they really should not be able to get away with it. Basheer sells these vegemite glasses at the Strathmore for over $7 hence my boycott of his pub. If you want an Imperial Pint you can get one at the Elephant up the top of Rundle Street.

Many of the Y's and Gen X's probably think these vegemite glasses are cool but old farts like me tend to like our beer out of a proper beer glass.

How much do beers cost in say nightclubs or whatever they are called nowadays in Adelaide?

Not sure about nightclubs never go to them cause I can't stand the crap music... but at my local, imperial pints of Coopers Pale are only $6.50 so thats almost twice the amount of beer for a cpl bucks less.

troll post can stay for ridicule
Should read his theory on how KT and Kochie have done zero re the stadium deal and it's all Fagan.

Well Fagan is the only new face to the negotiations, KT and Kochie signed off on the poor deal (as well as our Mr Trigg), with a review. I think we can all be thankful that Fages has been able to come in and clean up Triggs, KT and Kochies mistakes.

image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Fagan is the only new face to the negotiations, KT and Kochie signed off on the poor deal (as well as our Mr Trigg), with a review. I think we can all be thankful that Fages has been able to come in and clean up Triggs, KT and Kochies mistakes.
i take it you have some sort of proof of this claim ???

* off arseclown... Fagan will more than likely be a short term flash in the pan at the cows, it wont be long before the customers demand a SANFL yes man to replace him or the bring back Trigg avatars start appearing!!!

I think we can all be thankful that Fages has been able to come in and clean up Triggs, KT and Kochies mistakes.

image.jpg

Dear rocket18, thanks for the fab post of yours! I hung it on me wall! You're quite a bullshit artist!

Pity your source is Geoffa. One of the better BS spinners going around.

8217288.jpg

#faganology #19thcustomer

Hahahaha. How stupid are you. It is a well documented fact that the agreement was signed subject to the review taking place as a measure to prevent the on-going shafting of the two AFL clubs by the SANFL. The clubs were refusing to sign an agreement until the AFL stepped in to prevent the embarassment of AO not being used in 2014. Re-writing history at its best.

I love this concept that KT and Koch signed this deal which was really awful for us with the allusion that they had another option and they are bad negotiators. The interim deal was signed because the SMA had 100% of the leverage and some sort of agreement had to be put into place.

The only difference between Trigg and Fagan based on exposed form is that Fagan understands the value of aligning with KT on this one and shifting public opinion on the SANFL. Trigg was incredibly happy to sit behind Whicker and Olsen and push the "lolle poort tarps" mentality. All Fagan has done at this stage is recognise that he needs to align with KT so that his club can be profitable.

What was Fagan going to achieve prior to that interim deal that KT didn't? Was he going to be able to wave a magic wand over the SANFL and force a favourable deal? Even a favourable interim deal?

If that's the case, why hasn't he been able to get them to agree to terms after several months in the job?

https_://soundcloud.com/fiveaa/david-koch-14215 <- Delete the "_" from the link to the left

A few things pulled out of the above interview:

4:44 in: Both clubs finished with the deal before Xmas (probably around the time of the stories the deal was done started breaking). Since then until 14/2/15 ball was in SANFL's court who were negotiating with AFL (probably for compensation is my guess) as well as working with their banks/Westlakes deal - was Koch's comment. Paperwork hit the clubs for review the week leading up the 14th - review cycle etc to be done before deal is done - if Fagan was still spitting chips the documentation wouldn't have been drawn up by the lawyers.

5:20 in: Clubs "both" signed original deal subject to a review - based around 70c in the dollar, that they got nothing like, hence the review to get them towards that. Everything the clubs missed this year ended up with the SMA/SANFL (but based on further comment below - mainly the SANFL)

7:50 in: Now the deal is written up, when asked if clubs get any of the extra money from 2014 the answer is No , that moneys all gone to the SANFL. This suggests the extra money that went to the SANFL last year, no longer will.

I love this concept that KT and Koch signed this deal which was really awful for us with the allusion that they had another option and they are bad negotiators. The interim deal was signed because the SMA had 100% of the leverage and some sort of agreement had to be put into place.

The only difference between Trigg and Fagan based on exposed form is that Fagan understands the value of aligning with KT on this one and shifting public opinion on the SANFL. Trigg was incredibly happy to sit behind Whicker and Olsen and push the "lolle poort tarps" mentality. All Fagan has done at this stage is recognise that he needs to align with KT so that his club can be profitable.

What was Fagan going to achieve prior to that interim deal that KT didn't? Was he going to be able to wave a magic wand over the SANFL and force a favourable deal? Even a favourable interim deal?

If that's the case, why hasn't he been able to get them to agree to terms after several months in the job?

Yep. Fagan has no allegiance to the old SANFL regime, is free of them as a license holder, but also has to be careful not to alienate the significant proportion of his customers who still have allegiance to the SANFL. He knows the deal is a turd, just like Koch and KT have been screaming all along and just like anybody who's sole purpose is the betterment of the Football Club he is running, has taken the logical step of siding with his major competitor against a common enemy. Crows supporters are in awe of him because they've had that moron Trigg in the Chair so long.

And bottom line, even if this latest deal is all 100% the brain child of Fagan (which I unequivocally doubt),

ITS ABOUT ******* TIME the AFC did something, anything in regards to the whole AO deal.

It would be nice to say yep, we (PAFC) broached the whole idea initially, worked hard behind the scenes along with AD/AFL to get all parties involved, and eventually the AFC did its bit by holding strong against their overlords/masters/'daddies' and were 100% singly instrumental in getting a fair and equitable deal over the line.

But all along, during these negotiations, we barely hear a peep out of Fagan (or Chapman), we keep hearing the "leaks' are all coming from one party (intimating PAFC) as they try and 'screw the poor old SANFL out of its rightful share'. Not once is it intimated that its fagan. not once.
Then low and behold we finally hear some form of revisionism that Fagan is the one sorting out all the 'mess' that KT and Koch have created. The same KT and Koch who have turned around the fortunes of a seriously struggling club, to now being recognised as putting forward best game day, have stopped the bleeding financially, have invested in a football program that is bearing extremely promising fruits. But yep, its that fagan bloke single-handedly holding strong, fighting the righteous good fight all alone fixing up proven performers messes.

Go * yourselves you ******* idiots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back