news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on the level of competition...no. GSP and Bones Jones are.
I have no issue with that, and it's a fair answer. I rate those two as the most dominant men, but yes the level of competition in the women's is poor so I'm probably wrong.

Has anyone seen the Conor McGregor's 6 part series? I watched part 3 yesterday (sods are RTE have taken down the first 2). It makes for some good viewing. Interesting to see all the behind the scenes stuff. Most would change their opinion of him if they watched it (good bloke).

Has anyone seen the Conor McGregor's 6 part series? I watched part 3 yesterday (sods are RTE have taken down the first 2). It makes for some good viewing. Interesting to see all the behind the scenes stuff. Most would change their opinion of him if they watched it (good bloke).

I watched episode 3 last night too. I love it, going to watch ep 4 tonight. Need to track down 1+2 somehow.....

I watched episode 3 last night too. I love it, going to watch ep 4 tonight. Need to track down 1+2 somehow.....
If i find it I'll let you know (surprised it wasn't downloaded by someone). I'm sure when all 6 are out they will market it as a DVD. Then free download it is.

Bloody hell he's a funny man. I hope he smashes Aldo

If i find it I'll let you know (surprised it wasn't downloaded by someone). I'm sure when all 6 are out they will market it as a DVD. Then free download it is.

Bloody hell he's a funny man. I hope he smashes Aldo

Yeah I had a quick look on a few torrent sites but there wasn't anything. :(

He's good value, that's for sure. I like him even more now. It'll be massssive if he beats Aldo.

Yeah I had a quick look on a few torrent sites but there wasn't anything. :(

He's good value, that's for sure. I like him even more now. It'll be massssive if he beats Aldo.
All his 'stay ready' merch is discounted on dethrone too. Some good stuff. Get it while the goings good. Once he's the McGOAT the prices will sky rocket.

how did u watch it? I've been looking every ******* where for it.. I've read it's really good and I've loved the guy since I first heard of him..

TKO via leg-mincing. That wide stance is gonna hurt Mr McGegor.

aldos lack of killer instinct is gunna hurt him.. if both guys arnt sitting in the pocket slinging kicks and punches, aldo will be moving backwards, because Conor ain't got a shell to go into.

Conor will finish aldo in the 3rd or most likely the 4th when he slows down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how did u watch it? I've been looking every ******* where for it.. I've read it's really good and I've loved the guy since I first heard of him..

aldos lack of killer instinct is gunna hurt him.. if both guys arnt sitting in the pocket slinging kicks and punches, aldo will be moving backwards, because Conor ain't got a shell to go into.

Conor will finish aldo in the 3rd or most likely the 4th when he slows down
http://www.rte.ie/ (website deletes previous episodes)

But it's only meant for the irish so you need an irish proxy. Download a free google extension called 'Hoya' (great program). You no longer have to deal with the "sorry but the uploader hasn't made this available to your country"

http://www.rte.ie/ (website deletes previous episodes)

But it's only meant for the irish so you need an irish proxy. Download a free google extension called 'Hoya' (great program). You no longer have to deal with the "sorry but the uploader hasn't made this available to your country"

I've tried this process a few times and I couldn't get it to work.. was still getting the that sorry msg. might try again tomoro

I've tried this process a few times and I couldn't get it to work.. was still getting the that sorry msg. might try again tomoro
Step 1 - go to hola.org IN CHROME BROWSER

Step 2 - Select Ireland from the drop down box

Step 3- enter this link in the url box beside where you have just chosen Ireland http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10382179/

Step 4 - It will prompt you to install hola add on for Chrome, do this

Step 5 - Watch video and enjoy!

Only episode 3 and 4 are available.

Is everyone here saying that McGregor will win basing that on what they think will happen or what they want to happen?

McGregor has shown that he's very good, but Aldo has been the best at 145 for years. There's no way I can pick against Aldo.

good bloke
Except when he's calling people Nazis I guess.

Is everyone here saying that McGregor will win basing that on what they think will happen or what they want to happen?

McGregor has shown that he's very good, but Aldo has been the best at 145 for years. There's no way I can pick against Aldo.

Aldo is a bad matchup for anyone, particularly for a guy with an unproven ground game and take down defence. Aldo also isn't a slouch on the feet. Mcgregor has pretty good head movement but still allows himself to get tagged in fights (see Dustin's fight). He can win, but smart punters will wait for the hype to drive up the value on Also and put their hard earned on.

I want McGregor to win and I think that he can, but I am realistic of his strengths and weaknesses.

Only recently caught up on the fights from the weekend. UFC 184 was a lot of fun, with some great finishes. I saw people saying that Holm would KO Rousey a while ago and I thought that was just wishful thinking because they didn't like Rousey. After these fights I don't think Holm stands any chance against Rousey. Nobody in the division really does, so that's not saying much.

I've listened to some episodes of this podcast called 'Heavy Hands'. It's basically all about striking. It's really good. Maybe it was on the podcast or maybe somewhere else, but Connor Ruebusch and Patrick Wyman mentioned prior to UFC 184 that Holm's boxing isn't as good as it's made out to be. I don't think she's going to hurt many opponents with her hands, it's the kicks that will hurt them and can get her finishes.

Ellenberger didn't look that good to me, but it was good enough to beat the current version of Koscheck. Koscheck seemed to be doing alright until Ellenberger landed something heavy. From then on Koscheck didn't have much and Ellenberger missed some good opportunities to land strikes. Unexpected and cool to see Ellenberger get a sub.

Good win for Jouban. Excellent win for Ferguson. Good win for Carneiro but Munoz doesn't look like he has much left. Means with a very good showing. Potts probably looked better in this fight than his 1st 2 UFC fights (ain't saying much), but Lewis eventually got the finish.

McGeary/Newton at Bellator was great. McGeary's grappling from the bottom is so good. He's got some cool submissions and some KOs on his record.

Grasso/Inoue at Invicta was also great. Grasso's striking is very good. Just needs to work on her wrestling and ground game (although taking the back almost immediately after being taken down was impressive).

Aldo is a bad matchup for anyone, particularly for a guy with an unproven ground game and take down defence. Aldo also isn't a slouch on the feet. Mcgregor has pretty good head movement but still allows himself to get tagged in fights (see Dustin's fight). He can win, but smart punters will wait for the hype to drive up the value on Also and put their hard earned on.

I want McGregor to win and I think that he can, but I am realistic of his strengths and weaknesses.
McGregor had a really slick pass to mount against Siver. Siver was probably all but done at that stage but it was still impressive. I brought up his 2 submission losses early in his career before and I think it's safe to say that his ground game is much better than it was back then. A lot of really good fighters have submission losses early in their career too; JDS, Aldo, Mcgregor and probably a heap more. Having said all that, I think he'll have a distinct grappling disadvantage against Aldo. Aldo's grappling against Florian, a really good BJJ guy, was sublime.

Here's the gif of the pass to mount:

720cb99b7cc182f08eaf6cb3af2dd960.gif

The Siver fight showed something with his Takedown defence too. The official statistics say that Siver got no takedowns. I think you could argue that Siver got a couple, but McGregor's ability to get up really quickly after being taken down/nearly taken down was on display. Siver has good takedowns and a heavy top game, so that was really good to see.

I had no idea when the fight was and now I see that it's not till July. We getting started early.

I think Mcgregor wins.. really I just want to watch it, because it's going to be awesome!

I put $100 on Conor to win the title by 2016 about a year and a half ago at $5.50. I was confident he could beat aldo then and I'm confident he can now.

the fact he hasn't had his ground game tested is irrelevant! pretty sure Aldo won't try for a take down unless his desperate and it's not like aldo has great offensive wrestling.

Mcgregor is one of the best strikers in the ufc easily.. now that's not saying aldo isn't but Conor is constantly pushing forward whilst being an excellent counter striker. that's a seriously hard puzzle to solve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back