Vic & NSW live online raceday coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

slotting in coverage of horse racing between the trots and dogs will be awful. started my punting days with the assistance of tvns round the clock coverage major assisted my success

Sky Channels general coverage is horrendous. Watching it in the pubs is impossible. Every person they employ is a moron except Tony Brassel and Mark Guest. Their co-ordinator Allen Gaskell is the most incompetent person hosting in any role on any sort of TV ever.
Having said that I am not really a fan of TVN either, Their pre race coverage is ok, but the vision is like it using cameras from the 1950's. Their graphics are like they are using computer programs from the 80s. I cannot stand their biasness towards favorites and "market movers" and jockey challenges. Shane Templeton seems to think if the market mover and favorite has lost then the world has ended. A lot of callers do this as well.. not everyone is on the favorite so call the race without bias please! I hate the post race interviews that give absolutely no insight to the race that just happened.
Ideally if i ran a racing station. i would have 2 form analysts (with some sort of personality) in the studio discussing each horse before the race, show the race and then have the analysts do a quick post mortem of the race afterwards, showing the replay and actually point out the hard luck stories or the great runs. It doesn't take long and you learn a lot more than listening to the winning trainer or jockey. I would also encourage the analysts to be critical of aspects of the race.. it might hold racing more accountable.
This isn't going to happen though, we will have to put up with this crap which is enforced upon us because i get the feeling we are going to get stuck with Sky for a long time to come.

Do people really care what some media tipster has to say? Surely people do their own form and dont wait to see what the sky host likes 3mins before a race

Do people really care what some media tipster has to say? Surely people do their own form and dont wait to see what the sky host likes 3mins before a race
I do my own form.. i hate it when "analysts" pick my top pick but its a racing station.. thats what they should have. I would say about 80 percent of punters listen to the "experts"

its the coverage they give to horses outside of races i.e. blackbookers which certainly helped me out immensely with my knowledge. not being able to dedicate that much time to racing TVN helped a lot.

Personally, given I rarely bet in Adelaide - I always liked Hilton for the LOLs :D
Yeah, been a while since we could play Hilton Bingo

BSaDX4kIUAAAPLP.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still can't understand why TVN is going off the air next week, when we still got the Golden Slipper, the AJC Derby, the Doncaster, the BMW, the Sydney Cup and the three-day Warnambool Carnival to come, plus from an overseas perspective the Royal Ascot Carnival. June 30 would've been better for TVN to sign off after 6 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Chief racecaller: Darren Flindell
· Host: Greg Radley
· Form expert: Ron Dufficy
· Analysis: Richard Freedman
· TAB updates: Glenn Munsie
· Mounting Yard picks: Caroline Searcy
· International guest: Gina Harding (Channel 4 UK)
· Interviews on pony: Bernadette Cooper
· News reporter: Brent Zerafa

Sky World's Sydney Carnival raceday lineup.

She is pretty good, really knows her stuff.

Still can't understand why TVN is going off the air next week, when we still got the Golden Slipper, the AJC Derby, the Doncaster, the BMW, the Sydney Cup and the three-day Warnambool Carnival to come, plus from an overseas perspective the Royal Ascot Carnival. June 30 would've been better for TVN to sign off after 6 years.

NSW jumped from the TVN wagon, that's why.

Shoot me.

Just out of curiosity, what was the very first race meeting broadcast live on TVN when they started up the channel?

As a tipster I don't mind Gator. I will miss the extended coverage of TVN. I was watching a race somewhere this week on sky and there was a photo finish and instead of a replay they cut to a harness race in bum* nowhere. That's what we have to look forward to now.

As a tipster I don't mind Gator. I will miss the extended coverage of TVN. I was watching a race somewhere this week on sky and there was a photo finish and instead of a replay they cut to a harness race in bum**** nowhere. That's what we have to look forward to now.

Give me vision of a live race over a bloody replay every day of the week.

From a punting perspective there are just as many winners in a race at Randwick as there are at a Bunbury harness race. Sky racing is for all racing not just the gallops so no point getting in a bind over them showing a race you dont care about because there are people out there relying on vision of these races

If you're that concerned just dvr the races and do it yourself. It isnt hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back