TPFP closed :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the bump. Just wanted to check the sentiment a year in. Was just thinking about the day I went to the dunny, opened safari on my iPhone and got redirected to a site closed page. It really was quite traumatizing. I had no idea about BF so felt gutted and had no idea what I was going to do.

Once I found BF, it took a while to get used to coexisting with opposition supporters and have been carded twice (once from Freo board and once from main board), but other than that, very happy with the level of information and range of views.

I was only with TPFP a few years before it shut down. I know there were a few grudges between the two sites but I hope BF have found some value in the posters that did come over.
Bigfooty has been an absolute godsend for me. I joined a year ago yesterday, and have loved every minute of it. There's no place I'd rather visit for my daily footy fix. When news breaks, it's posted on here faster than you can say, "Crows for the spoon." :) Long live bigfooty!!!

16083442003_e26393088b_o.jpg

Would be nice to celebrate your 15 year anniversary with a premiership. Reckon I'd get myself banned from the Crows board - it'd be worth it :)

I haven't posted there for about 5 years now

I certainly miss TPFP. I still preferred having a central page showing all the recent threads across all boards. Not having that is an absolute killer for this site. It means I dont get involved in convo's other than pure Port and that's not as much fun as TPFP. I really aint interested in having to go to the other boards to find the topics. I want them all displayed, all recent topics in one area, and only topics being talked about between Port supporters.

Don't get me wrong Bigfooty is great, it's just that TPFP worked better for me. Plus it looked a tonne better and loaded easier on my phone.

The big benefit of this site is being able to peruse the other teams boards and get an idea of their thoughts.

I certainly miss TPFP. I still preferred having a central page showing all the recent threads across all boards. Not having that is an absolute killer for this site. It means I dont get involved in convo's other than pure Port and that's not as much fun as TPFP. I really aint interested in having to go to the other boards to find the topics. I want them all displayed, all recent topics in one area, and only topics being talked about between Port supporters.

Don't get me wrong Bigfooty is great, it's just that TPFP worked better for me. Plus it looked a tonne better and loaded easier on my phone.

The big benefit of this site is being able to peruse the other teams boards and get an idea of their thoughts.

OCD? I think it's fun having to search, I find stuff I hadn't seen before

I haven't posted there for about 5 years now
And 999 times out of 1000, I'd be in the same boat. But if Port wins the premiership, I may not be able to help myself: visiting our neighbour's board and rubbing it in a little. I'm sure their fans would reciprocate on our board if (heaven forbid) the Fruit Tingles ever go top.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming up to 10 years here in June...I joined TPFP at same time but mostly posted there ...after an argument with a Williams family member there things went downhill fir me. Mentioning something (can't recall what now) about them on bigfooty got me a ban there without warning or able to question the decicion.

Very happy here now.

Bigfooty has been an absolute godsend for me. I joined a year ago yesterday, and have loved every minute of it. There's no place I'd rather visit for my daily footy fix. When news breaks, it's posted on here faster than you can say, "Crows for the spoon." :) Long live bigfooty!!!

One year and 4000 + posts :eek: surely that is some sort of record! :D

The thing I used to like with TPFP was that when you started a debate on some thread and it was replied to then all previous replies came onto that post. This meant that another person could enter knowing the context. Now someone says one thing, someone else answers and sooner or later the conversation loses all meaning. Worse, it may denigrate into an argument where all that was happening was a frank exchange of views.
It was also good having sub-forums devoted to certain non-football or even non-sport subjects. I know these are on BF but they are much more difficult to find in the layout.

Coming up to 10 years here in June...I joined TPFP at same time but mostly posted there ...after an argument with a Williams family member there things went downhill fir me. Mentioning something (can't recall what now) about them on bigfooty got me a ban there without warning or able to question the decicion.

Very happy here now.
I had a similar thing where I logged in one day (after posting exclusively on here for a little while) and found myself banned.

I'd previously been a moderator on TPFP as well.

No word, no way of finding out what the issue was, nothing.

Meanwhile, the Wingates are there sucking the life out of the forum without anyone batting an eyelid.

It became an unhappy place. Maybe 2010-2012 caused too many irreversible meltdowns that never healed. I know that I started to come over here more, because every time I had a view about something, the same few posters would tell you you were wrong. A circle of elite that I got sick of arguing against

Remove this Banner Ad

Back