2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith! :D

Is Smith playing on the 3rd line?

Smith has been pointless in his last 25 games. 2 points in his first 2 periods as a Shark without warming up :D

Canucks acquire Sven Baertschi for a 2015 2nd round pick and Cory Conacher in exchange for Dustin Jeffrey.

Very happy with this as we didnt give up alot, and we didnt trade away our current core in the middle of a somewhat playoff run. (Yes I can dream)

Conacher, Baertschi, Virtanen, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Clendening, Corrado, Demko etc... Promising future for the Nucks.

But we need some bloody Defence, injuries are killing us to the point we have 1 legit top 4 D player in our lines at the moment.

It's a relief they didn't get involved in the rental market, and that they didn't dump Kassian, and the Baertschi trade fits with the Vey, Clendening and Pedan trades, but the loss of our second rounder I think further justifies the trade-our-UFAs theory.

I'd be pretty upset if it turns out we left a second rounder on the table because we think we can sign Shawn Matthias to a non-stupid contract, or because we think we can beat LA in a series (We can't, but maybe Quick will s**t his pants and hand it to us), and it would have been nice to claim back our third rounder we spent on Derek Dorsett, who is probably not signing and has hopefully lost his place in the line-up when Burrows returns. (I say hopefully cause if he doesn't it means Kassian or Ronalds Kenins is sitting, which I can't accept)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fine wit hthe Baetschi trade - drafter in 2011 and has managed to get past 30 games as yet - has been yo-yoing up and down between the NHL and AHL the last two seasons.

Might end having a breakout but of what I've seen so far will struggle to develop into anything more than a 3rd line player.

and what the hell are Columbus doing

The Horton contact was uninsured due to Horton recovering from shoulder surgery at the time of the contract and then the bad back happened, so I'm assuming the owners want to be paying for something, all be it probably not very much in Clarkson.

I'd be fine with the James Wisniewski trade, he's a turnover junkie. Maybe Bork Bork Bork gets his brain in gear again and Kekalainen seems very confident with the prospect and 2nd round pick. Being a Howson signing at $5.5M a season might have been an issue with Jarmo as well.

What a gong show in Chronno, how does this get to air? :D

phaneuf---Twitter-Search.png

and the day before they had to let Dustin Penner go for very inappropriate tweets. A Circus!

Phaneuf, his wife and Lupul, through their lawyers, are now seeking a formal apology and a "significant amount of damages" for the above tweet that got through to air on TSN yesterday.

Kessel let loose on the Chronno media today as well. Happy days in Leafsland!

Loved Kessel's comments today. Nice to see some passion out of the lad.

As for the Lupul tweet, someone at TSN done ****ed up good. All the more reason to do away with tickers. Way too much information to absorb at once. If I want to know what people on twitter are saying, I'll go on twitter.

Agreed, networks need a red button to remove the in-game ticker especially, I couldn't care less what the Pelicans v Grizzlies score is, or who is winning the U of Chattanooga vs Syracuse lacrosse game, NESN is the worst.

TSN has just released the formal apology, now for the damages. :D

Yeah he's loving it. I have to admit I laughed out loud at what he tweeted not long after:
"Okay i feel like i have to say this before s**t gets ugly. That tweet was a joke and i am in no way in support of those who commit adultery"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back