Premier B - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you guys serious about TH King?? It would be the only finals ground in Australia with power lines running 40 metres above the ground....
Dunlop Reserve where East Malvern play out of, I've actually seen balls hit the transmission lines mid play

Dunlop Reserve where East Malvern play out of, I've actually seen balls hit the transmission lines mid play

Have seen the same thing happen a few times at Darling Park (next door to Dunlop Reserve) where the De La unders and clubbies play.

Agree with most of that. Except the seating. Doesn't phase us cos we like standing but the grandstand is ordinary and in a forward pocket.

Oh! And it's a long way from the social club.;)

AM, if its a long way to the soc club, then you will more than likely enjoy your lemon squash all the more. Take a picnic rug and sit on the beach side of the ground if you cant get a seat. Would never get enough spectators to fill it anyway. If it was / is good enough for Sandy spectators then its OK for the Ammos.The surface is terrific and your right on the action .

Not familiar with Dunlop. Be a fair old roost to hit the lines at King I'd have thought.

A player from Fitzroy told me it hit the wires 5 times in their game two years ago.
I recall playing against Caulfield Grammar out at Glenhuntly many years ago and they had that big tree which crept about 5 metres onto the ground.
I distinctly remember the ball going out on the full only to hit the tree, umpire called play on with a CG player proceeding to pick up the ball and kicked a goal. Crazy!!

A player from Fitzroy told me it hit the wires 5 times in their game two years ago.
I recall playing against Caulfield Grammar out at Glenhuntly many years ago and they had that big tree which crept about 5 metres onto the ground.
I distinctly remember the ball going out on the full only to hit the tree, umpire called play on with a CG player proceeding to pick up the ball and kicked a goal. Crazy!!
Fair enough. Haven't seen the pill go anywhere near them during my occasional visits.
AM, if its a long way to the soc club, then you will more than likely enjoy your lemon squash all the more. Take a picnic rug and sit on the beach side of the ground if you cant get a seat. Would never get enough spectators to fill it anyway. If it was / is good enough for Sandy spectators then its OK for the Ammos.The surface is terrific and your right on the action .

Wow! Talk about a combination of missing the point and misinformation.

My ".... we like standing...." obviously went between the ears without touching the sides.;)

If I see you with your rug and thermos at a game I'll be sure and give you a wave from the other side of the ground. That would be from the best place to watch it ie near the coaches boxes.

It's not actually that far from near the coaches boxes to the Social Club for a frothy or two during a break in the game and/or after. I've never been keen on watching a match through the bottom of a beer glass. Particularly you happen to be there for a purpose. But each to his/her own.

As for 'Barker'. I've said often that I rate the ground. Even in this thread. But let's not spoil a good story with the facts.

Now to your only relevant point. I stand by my criticism that the grandstand is poorly placed and not in great shape. Maybe that's why not many sit there if the weather is good - in my experience.

As for your suggestion that if the stand is good enough for Sandy supporters it's good enough for the Ammos. I've always considered VAFA supporters way more discriminating that others. Especially left- over Saint supporters.:)

To reprise an informative post from bob down that disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

To paraphrase 'bob'. In the four years he's been regularly watching football at T H King he hasn't once seen the ball hit the power lines.

One assumes 'bob' has some connection with SKOB.:)

Come back 'bob'!

Saw that one too, prior to it's deletion and thought it was a true "coming out".

Maybe he was a little mixed up this afternoon.

NB: he did say the ball hit the powerlines twice in one game (same Fitzroy player on both occasions).

I actually tried to edit it on the shoe phone but deleted it instead. Bob's not from SKOB, he's a Trinity man.

Saw that one too, prior to it's deletion and thought it was a true "coming out".

Maybe he was a little mixed up this afternoon.

NB: he did say the ball hit the powerlines twice in one game (same Fitzroy player on both occasions).
Thanks Scribe. My apologies for missing that 'bob'. The post disappeared so quickly.
I actually tried to edit it on the shoe phone but deleted it instead. Bob's not from SKOB, he's a Trinity man.
Aha! Played with them did you 'bob'? Committeeman? Or a lifelong supporter?;)

Fair enough. Haven't seen the pill go anywhere near them during my occasional visits.

My ".... we like standing...." obviously went between the ears without touching the sides.;)

If I see you with your rug and thermos at a game I'll be sure and give you a wave from the other side of the ground. That would be from the best place to watch it ie near the coaches boxes.

It's not actually that far from near the coaches boxes to the Social Club for a frothy or two during a break in the game and/or after. I've never been keen on watching a match through the bottom of a beer glass. Particularly you happen to be there for a purpose. But each to his/her own.

As for 'Barker'. I've said often that I rate the ground. Even in this thread. But let's not spoil a good story with the facts.

Now to your only relevant point. I stand by my criticism that the grandstand is poorly placed and not in great shape. Maybe that's why not many sit there if the weather is good - in my experience.

As for your suggestion that if the stand is good enough for Sandy supporters it's good enough for the Ammos. I've always considered VAFA supporters way more discriminating that others. Especially left- over Saint supporters.:)

Your so far off the mark with this response its not worth continuing.................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the St Kevins Old boys talk that much rubbish, they've gone out and done all this big recruiting..I'll believe results when I see results..their last recruit did very little for them and I can't see why anything will change with the crappy culture they clearly have.

To
the St Kevins Old boys talk that much rubbish, they've gone out and done all this big recruiting..I'll believe results when I see results..their last recruit did very little for them and I can't see why anything will change with the crappy culture they clearly have.
To whom are you referring ?

Perhaps. Possibly. Could be.......... a troll with no particular person in mind. Anyone who takes the bait - perhaps, possibly, could be.......;)
Happy to engage in some intelligent conversation but the bsometer on my phone began twitching & was curious to know.

Happy to engage in some intelligent conversation but the bsometer on my phone began twitching & was curious to know.
Pleased you put the 'o' in there. For a moment I thought 'Brahn' had a meter on your phone.:)

Drifted past King today. Seems there's some work being done on it. And those power lines are closer to the playing surface than I thought.

Pleased you put the 'o' in there. For a moment I thought 'Brahn' had a meter on your phone.:)

Drifted past King today. Seems there's some work being done on it. And those power lines are closer to the playing surface than I thought.
A bsmeter, now that would be something, Brian would be thrilled. Council were laying a turf wicket when I was last there a couple of weeks ago. The lines look deceptively low from above, but when you're at ground level, there's plenty of clearance. I played there on numerous occasions & never saw them hit.

A bsmeter, now that would be something, Brian would be thrilled. Council were laying a turf wicket when I was last there a couple of weeks ago. The lines look deceptively low from above, but when you're at ground level, there's plenty of clearance. I played there on numerous occasions & never saw them hit.
YOU , played there

To

To whom are you referring ?
No one specifically, but if you mix in VAFA circles you would know how much they yap about how great their club is and how great a year they will have. I'm not suggesting they won't have a great year, I just think they should just shut their trap and put it on the field and let that do the talking. Look at strong clubs like trinity, xavs etc no yap out of those clubs they just do well and train hard or so it appears from the outside.

I'll give you Old Xavs as a great club, but Trinity? Please.

And who is it that's talking up SKOB? No one from SKOB is talking up SKOB, they are just engaging in the fun and frivolity that is Big Footy.

We will let our footy do the talking when the time comes, no one is interested in being March champions, especially a club that hasn't won a final in 10 years.

Now go away and troll somewhere else under another username.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back