Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to versatility in our game, I'd go as far to say even Schulz can push high to play more of a HFF role while Carlile can swap with Hombsch and Jackson on the main KPF and can play a more running role as opposed to gorilla defender.

I do prefer the idea of having a stable spine, however.

Last edited:

There is about 5 crows players I would take... But its a silly thing to compare teams like that because if you really think about it a teams top 5 players would be better than most teams 15-20th players. Not to mention certain positions where an established player is better than a young rising star. I mean I like Neade and think he's going to be a champ but if I want to win the premiership this year I would put Betts over him every day of the week.

Realistically... There aren't many players from any team you could actually take that would fit in to the current team and setup no worries... Last year we needed to add a rich forward, so we did. 2013 we needed to add pace, so we did. We operate on a needs basis, not a want basis, or a "of course that player would fit straight in to our 22, look at his stats!" basis. I think Schulzenfest addressed this best in his post about Jacobs and Talia.

How about we just discuss whatever teams people feel like discussing at any given time. There's absolutely no point in trying to corral people in a certain direction.
Those who complain funnily enough never comment on another team at the same time.

Boak. Gray. Wines. Wingard. Hartlett. Ebert. Ryder. Trengove. Lobbe. Polec.
10 blokes on our list who I would never even entertain a trade with the Crows for Dangerfield. Hypothetically, of course,as the Crows don't deal with us and he is a free agent anyway.
Does this mean he wouldn't be in our top ten players? No, he definitely would. He would not be regarded as our best though
It would satisfy my warped sense of humour if Paddy were to win this year's Brownlow as a former Crow, while sharing the award with Boak and Gray :)

If rhetorically right now at this point of our preseason and cultural development, would you swap our list for the forty All Australian preliminarily listed players of 2014?

I would honestly struggle to say yes to this. I may be a fool but I truly believe we would have just as much or better chance of a premiership with where we are in our development as we would if we brought a bunch of stars together, who have not really ever proven their loyalty to each other or the PAFC. At this stage I am prepared to say that I don't think I have ever seen a more loyal, or physically prepared Port Adelaide FC team than what we have right now. Whether or not that returns a premiership is yet to be seen but I am truly as satisfied as I can be of our preparation.

I dream of Boak standing along side Westhoff and Ebert holding the cup over his head and looking to the skies.

#PremiershipCaptianBoak

If rhetorically right now at this point of our preseason and cultural development, would you swap our list for the forty All Australian preliminarily listed players of 2014?

I would honestly struggle to say yes to this. I may be a fool but I truly believe we would have just as much or better chance of a premiership with where we are in our development as we would if we brought a bunch of stars together, who have not really ever proven their loyalty to each other or the PAFC. At this stage I am prepared to say that I don't think I have ever seen a more loyal, or physically prepared Port Adelaide FC team than what we have right now. Whether or not that returns a premiership is yet to be seen but I am truly as satisfied as I can be of our preparation.

I dream of Boak standing along side Westhoff and Ebert holding the cup over his head and looking to the skies.

#PremiershipCaptianBoak

Brandon Ellis made the AA squad, FFS.

If I was picking a batting order of our midfielders he'd be lucky to be batting eleven.

JYJX1Jj.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#PremiershipCaptianBoak

You'd have to pigeon hole all of these players into a similar playing style which is insanely difficult. You can have all the skilled players you want but if they can't adhere to the plan set out for them you may as well have a pack of spuds - a lot of the players on the AA have better ball skills then our 22, but they don't have the fitness to carry out the game plan implemented by our coaching staff. I'd take our 22.

Stuart Dew gets to coach the Swans in a preseason game. Ken the trendsetter. If you are Carlton I wonder whether you closer at Stuey or Nicks?

*Leaving Vossy out of it he's happy here.

How come they stick with this 19th man rubbish :rolleyes:

#Ebort
Because its obviously unique and better than the 23rd Player, because 18 is an even number and men are better than people.

Attachments

• 23rd Man.jpg
    23rd Man.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 6
Go check out the Troy Chaplin curse Bay 13 thread (last page).

Please do guys. Young gun does not realise what the bay is about. The poor kid is raging that hard he even started a poll. Its all in good fun Young Gun but I think you take the bay a tad bit to serious :p. Wanted to say thanks though, you made a otherwise bland day at work entertaining :p

Port Mods - If you feel this post needs to be removed, please do so. Just trying to help Young Gun out here :)

Please do guys. Young gun does not realise what the bay is about. The poor kid is raging that hard he even started a poll. Its all in good fun Young Gun but I think you take the bay a tad bit to serious :p. Wanted to say thanks though, you made a otherwise bland day at work entertaining :p

Port Mods - If you feel this post needs to be removed, please do so. Just trying to help Young Gun out here :)
on yer bike lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back