Teams SC 2015 - My team (During NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a risk, but I don't see the point in playing safe.
Speaking of, what are your thoughts on Neale mate? I was red hot on him right through til a couple of weeks ago (87 from <70 TOG, now best 22, can go huge), now I've been spooked into thinking he won't lift enough to be a keeper, esp with Wines, Crouch etc as options. How do you reckon he'll go?

Speaking of, what are your thoughts on Neale mate? I was red hot on him right through til a couple of weeks ago (87 from <70 TOG, now best 22, can go huge), now I've been spooked into thinking he won't lift enough to be a keeper, esp with Wines, Crouch etc as options. How do you reckon he'll go?

I expect him to become more consistent. His last big score (142) against Port Rnd23 was when Fyfe was suspended and Barlow had just come back from injury so he was our main inside clearance mid. Our midfield barring injury should be the same as last year so Neale's improvement will more than likely just be the natural progression from 3rd to 4th year.

Had a full preseason and should play every game barring injury. I reckon he'll average in the mid 90's with the odd 120+ here and there.

I expect him to become more consistent. His last big score (142) against Port Rnd23 was when Fyfe was suspended and Barlow had just come back from injury so he was our main inside clearance mid. Our midfield barring injury should be the same as last year so Neale's improvement will more than likely just be the natural progression from 3rd to 4th year.

Had a full preseason and should play every game barring injury. I reckon he'll average in the mid 90's with the odd 120+ here and there.

Will be in the 100-105 zone IMO. Very bullish on him.

Thanks for the input. I was actually impressed that he racked up a few of those 120+'s when Fyfe/Barlow/Mundy were all playing, unless I'm mistaken.

That's more or less what I had him pegged as - probably can't pick him with those expectations, but I'll be spewing if he has a real premo breakout. :p

Thanks for the input. I was actually impressed that he racked up a few of those 120+'s when Fyfe/Barlow/Mundy were all playing, unless I'm mistaken.

That's more or less what I had him pegged as - probably can't pick him with those expectations, but I'll be spewing if he has a real premo breakout. :p
Yeah he did have a few big games. The Carlton one was when he kicked the match winning goal. The games against Brissy and Melbourne were games when our whole team just dominated. The West Coast game was Lachie's career breakout game. He won the Ross Glendinning medal (Pretty sure he's the youngest ever to win it).

If he improves his disposal skills he'll become really dangerous, helps being the 5th-6th best midfielder too.

View attachment 113560

$35,000 remaining.

Hi guys,
Any comments/criticism/tips for this? Would love your thoughts...
I reckon only two of five DEF rookies (Brown, Hamling) have a better than 50-50 chance of starting. You need another premo or solid mid-pricer back there (like a Simpson, B. Smith, Shaw, etc).

Mids look pretty good, but I agree with joop re Rich and NVB - as long as there's another cheapish rookie playing round 1, I'd downgrade NVB (and/or someone like Jacobs or Gray) and upgrade Rich to a Wines or B. Crouch. Watch rookies for round 1 of course, esp upgrades (Krakouer and Lambert).

Rucks look good, you're probably overpaying for Jacobs, but if you want to set and forget and not stuff around with midpricers (and don't need the cash) then that's fine. Consider saving $50k and going with Goldstein, but your call.

Fwds look pretty good, just watch for Deledio's Achilles and make sure Karnezis and Daniel are safeish for best 22.

View attachment 113568

My team.

Please tell me any changes that must be made and dont hold back.
Way too many midpricers mate. It's a little different this year (with stuff-all def rookies and lots of value fwd midpricers), but you usually want the bulk of your team to be made up of premos (~$500-550k+) and rookies (ideally <$150k) ('Guns n Rookies'). Your guns/premos are going to score your big points, and your rookies are going to make you cash for upgrades - at the start of the season, rookies are priced to score ~20-25pts, so they're very underpriced.

Ablett and Fyfe is a good start, but I'd put in at least another two big-scoring, reliable players (say two of Pendlebury, Sloane and Fyfe) to be the core of your team. The rest of your mid positions are going to be rookies (look at other teams for ideas), and you can throw in a value pick of someone on the improve (like an Ollie Wines at ~$530k) that will hopefully end up being a premo that you got for cheap, compared to what he will output.

The same principle applies to the fwds - pick perhaps four rookies, give or take, and score your points with premo picks like Martin, Buddy, Goddard, Deledio etc. Dane Swan is practically a lock at $464k (can score much bigger than he did last year), and you could look at young guns like Tom Mitchell or Bontempelli if you like at similar sort of price points (but again, don't go crazy on those midpricers).

In the rucks, you probably want at least one to set-and-forget, like a Goldstein, Naitanui, Jacobs, etc, and can either go for another set-and-forget for your second ruck, or someone discounted like Bellchambers, like you have, or up-and-coming, like a Lycett.

Defs are a cluster* this year, and it's anyone's guess - Shaw is probably a good pick, and Newnes will probably improve like most of us are hoping. I like the Langdon pick too. You could throw in another solid scorer like Kade Simpson, Hibberd or Brodie Smith in, and avoid KPDs like Thompson. Rookies are very thin on the ground, but consider Adam Saad (if he gets upgraded) and Hamling.

If there's a midpricer you really like, then go crazy, but think about what you want from the player - you only have a limited number of spots at the end of the year, so you'll usually want a player to either be there at the end of the year, or make you lots of money, quickly - which is why either a premo or rookie is often the better choice. But you need to go crazy every now and then. Sorry to blather on. :D

Way too many midpricers mate. It's a little different this year (with stuff-all def rookies and lots of value fwd midpricers), but you usually want the bulk of your team to be made up of premos (~$500-550k+) and rookies (ideally <$150k) ('Guns n Rookies'). Your guns/premos are going to score your big points, and your rookies are going to make you cash for upgrades - at the start of the season, rookies are priced to score ~20-25pts, so they're very underpriced.

Ablett and Fyfe is a good start, but I'd put in at least another two big-scoring, reliable players (say two of Pendlebury, Sloane and Fyfe) to be the core of your team. The rest of your mid positions are going to be rookies (look at other teams for ideas), and you can throw in a value pick of someone on the improve (like an Ollie Wines at ~$530k) that will hopefully end up being a premo that you got for cheap, compared to what he will output.

The same principle applies to the fwds - pick perhaps four rookies, give or take, and score your points with premo picks like Martin, Buddy, Goddard, Deledio etc. Dane Swan is practically a lock at $464k (can score much bigger than he did last year), and you could look at young guns like Tom Mitchell or Bontempelli if you like at similar sort of price points (but again, don't go crazy on those midpricers).

In the rucks, you probably want at least one to set-and-forget, like a Goldstein, Naitanui, Jacobs, etc, and can either go for another set-and-forget for your second ruck, or someone discounted like Bellchambers, like you have, or up-and-coming, like a Lycett.

Defs are a cluster**** this year, and it's anyone's guess - Shaw is probably a good pick, and Newnes will probably improve like most of us are hoping. I like the Langdon pick too. You could throw in another solid scorer like Kade Simpson, Hibberd or Brodie Smith in, and avoid KPDs like Thompson. Rookies are very thin on the ground, but consider Adam Saad (if he gets upgraded) and Hamling.

If there's a midpricer you really like, then go crazy, but think about what you want from the player - you only have a limited number of spots at the end of the year, so you'll usually want a player to either be there at the end of the year, or make you lots of money, quickly - which is why either a premo or rookie is often the better choice. But you need to go crazy every now and then. Sorry to blather on. :D
Thanks mate for the advice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 113560

$35,000 remaining.

Hi guys,
Any comments/criticism/tips for this? Would love your thoughts...
Not too much to say really, pretty solid team.
Personally I don't like the Rich and NVB selections. I think there will be rookies who perform just as well as NVB for a cheaper price tag. Darcy Lang as an example if you still want a more mature, ready to go option.
With regards to Rich, I seriously doubt he will average 100+, let alone 110+ which you should be looking at for all your midfielders by the end of the season. And I don't believe there is enough upside in him to make him worthwhile as a cash generator. Others will disagree, just my opinion. Back your own judgement with him. Find the extra cash to get to Steven if possible. He at least has the potential to 105-110.

Not sure about the ruck combo and I think I have too many rookies. Thoughts?

View attachment 113659

Solid team. Lever is being eased in and wont' play early. I think Steven VB and Rich are risky in midfield as they may not appreicate enough and other htan STeven maybe own't be keepers. WhiteX also not likely to play early I believe.

View attachment 113695
Bitchy!

Here, scoff at mine. I haven't checked injuries or anything yet..this is my starting point..leets and rookies mainly
Judge me people.

Put the C on Petracca every week and you're set! :thumbsu: j/k ;)

Either turn Vlastuin into a premo somehow or downgrade him to a rookie & upgrade elsewhere. 363k is way too much for a M5 that will have the same output as a half decent rookie mid.

Put the C on Petracca every week and you're set! :thumbsu: j/k ;)

Either turn Vlastuin into a premo somehow or downgrade him to a rookie & upgrade elsewhere. 363k is way too much for a M5 that will have the same output as a half decent rookie mid.
Cheers Gingy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back